PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Headset For Jeep

I have always gotten along fine with my Motorola H700 headset I only use it in the car. Now I have a Jeep Wrangler and it is loud inside it. I can not hear the H700 and the person I am talking to does not hear me. I am needing input on the best noise canceling Bluetooth heaset. I was considering the Aliph Jawbone Bluetooth Headset or the Jabra BT530 Bluetooth Headset. I am open to input on these or different ideas. I have read about a million comparison posts but I am hoping for input from someone with a similar situation (Jeep-Loud Car-etc)
Thanks In Advance
Old 10-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Headset For Jeep

Ok I have also added to my list I am considering the BlueAnt Z9. Any comments out there?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH100

jshell73 is just getting started

I have a jeep as well and I'm happy with my Motorola S9's. I bought them more for use as bluetooth headphones not as a headset, but the voice quality for outgoing transmissions is fine. I'm not sure how "legal" it is to wear headphones while driving but I only use it for calls, not music when driving.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have the s9 as well but i get complaints about background noise. Do you have that problem?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH100

jshell73 is just getting started

I only got complaints with the top(hard or soft) and doors off. Topless with doors on and with windows up, I've asked and it's been ok. They said they thought they were on speaker phone but otherwise it was just ok.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Interesting I will have to do some testing with it although not sure i want to wear my s9 in the vehicle all the time makes it hard to talk to someone in the Jeep with you.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

dmc1068 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to dmc1068 Send a message via MSN to dmc1068 Send a message via Yahoo to dmc1068

I have the Jawbone. I have used it while on my motorcycle. I have pretty loud aftermarket pipes and I can hear them and they can hear me as long as I am behind the windshield. Some issues with the Jawbone are wind interference. Doing 65 on the expressway makes a constant whirling sound if I don't duck down a few inches, or so I have been told, they hear it not me. This would not be an issue in the Jeep.

I also use my Jawbone and Treo 800W with Sprint Navigation and BlueTooth Audio 1.0. While using this on the bike I can hear the directions. It is a little hard due to not being able to adjust the volume while using BlueTooth Audio 1.0.

Last edited by dmc1068; 10-15-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Chillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaguzzler View Post
Ok I have also added to my list I am considering the BlueAnt Z9. Any comments out there?
Id definitely recommend these one.. z9i tho.. the volume is loud and they are really comfortable I had it for like 3 weeks before I lost it :s still cant find it any however I will be purchasing another one of these headsets soon ..they have great tech support as well.

http://www.myblueant.com/z9i_headset.htm

Bluetooth

Specs
features :: compatibility :: specs :: images
Z9i Bluetooth Headset
A great headset is now even better...

The BlueAnt Z9i is the follow up to the award
winning and highly successful Z9
Bluetooth Headset.The device includes
additional box contents and enhanced
features. Incorporating BlueAnt's
revolutionary Digital Signal
Processing solution -
Voice Isolation Technology™,
the Z9i provides outstanding noise
suppression, echo cancellation and wind noise reduction. The
headset's 'Voice Isolation Max' feature further enhances the user experience in extreme noise environments.

> Winner of CES 2007 Innovations Design & Engineering Award
> Two microphones for pure speech
> Revolutionary Voice Isolation Technology™ produces noise suppression, echo cancellation and wind noise reduction

> Separates the desired voice signal from background noise enabling crystal clear communication in the noisiest of

environments
> During a call, users can switch between two Voice Isolation modes - Standard and Max
> Multipoint
> Automatic connection and reconnection with notification
> Different ringtones for known and unknown contacts
> Innovative tie clip for attaching to shirt or cuff, when not in use
> Stylish, translucent ear hook and rubberised metal ear hook
> Firmware upgrade via USB on your PC
> Small & lightweight
> Up to 5.5 hrs talk-time or 200 hrs standby
> Bluetooth v2.0

Last edited by Chillen; 10-17-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well I have definitely narrowed it down to the Jawbone or the z9i anyone else have a comment on which i should choose? Thanks for the input so far.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Chillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaguzzler View Post
Well I have definitely narrowed it down to the Jawbone or the z9i anyone else have a comment on which i should choose? Thanks for the input so far.
I also tried the JB2 and it was great for a week.. its a tad but more comfy that the z9i since it goes deeper in you ear, but after a week people started complaining that my voice was breaking up and also complaining of static.. so i returned and purchased the z9i. It was either a defective JB2 or it could have been that i have like no cheeks lol to have my cheeks touch the lil button on the bottom of the JB2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions