PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 01:09 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down I am so unbelivably irate at sprint right now

So my wife got a replacement 700wx for one that broke in April. they never sent us a return kit (after 5 tries) so I just paid to send it back myself. Well 3 months ago they cut her service cause they charged her for the phone. I would call and they would say oh it will be a few more days then the phone will credit. Well I call today to just cancel because the guy said it would be 3-4 billing cycles before it credits! So today I call and talk to them for 4 hours and 4 different people each one of them yelling at me (literally) and claiming I was just trying to "get something free" So I finally get to a lady who took the time to go through the whole account issue and found out they actually hadn't credited me for the phone.

So now my wife hasn't hadnt a phone in 3 months because they :censored: up.

Well today I got a call from corporate saying they credited my account $645 and apologized but the account was closed 3 :censored: weeks ago.

THE :censored: ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T GET OF THEIR ASSES AND FIX IT!

I just have no words for how angry I am or what I'm going to do.

Edit: please watch the cursing. Thanks. --Mal

Last edited by Malatesta; 11-14-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: cricket

jguttz is a n00b
man that sux what company is that? so i make sure to never go with them.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Threadstarter

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguttz View Post
man that sux what company is that? so i make sure to never go with them.
Thats the thing, Ive been happy with sprint for 7 years and this experience has just floored me with how rude those :censored: can be, I had one lady YELLING at me that she wasn't going to give me something for free. I mean YELLING. Now I have a treo with no service and a wife who hasnt had a phone in pushing 4 months.

Last edited by Malatesta; 11-14-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TREO 700W

cutemexboi is a n00b
that would of neve happened with Verizon. Faster network better service..Better phones..thats all i have to say
Old 11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
maybe i dont understand what you are referring to. what were they thinking was free? i had sprint, and dumped them for poor customer service... then switched to verizon but found they were worse... so now i am back at sprint.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yep...

Sprint is great, if/when you get everything set up correctly, and then DONT CHANGE ANYTHING.

If you need to do anything, gird your loins, check your bill, and prepare for a several month ordeal.

Re: The "something for free" - When sprint screws up, and you need to send a phone back (say because they ship you three instead of 2 - which happened to me - or because they ship an exchange - they bill you for the full cost of the item, until they get whatever they expect to get back in hand. Oddly enough, they won't clear that bill item until they enter it in their system, even if DHL/UPS/FedEX shows they've got it and they've signed for it (guess they got too many bricks shipped to them.)

So when someone demands to get credited for returning a phone (which they returned without using a return kit) it means there is no way for sprint to track the return until someone finds the phone in whatever pile it got tossed into at the warehouse. They assume you've got the replacement and the broken phone, ie, you've got a "free" 700wx.

Bottom line, not unusual for that to be a several month ordeal, with you stuck with a several hundred dollar bill during that time.

When someone at sprint screams at you, ask to speak to retentions or corporate services, and then calmly ask them to unravel the mess. They're used to it.

I dread every transaction with Sprint, but the service itself is better then VZ, and cheaper too - at least for me.

Sorry it happened to you, but it's not at all unusual.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
i am guessing it is just the norm for customer service everywhere. i cant remember the last pleasant customer service ordeal that i have ever encountered. when i do get good customer service, it is so unusual, that I share my experience with the world.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

synaptyc is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to synaptyc
This is honestly normal for customer service everywhere these days. The problem is you rotten kids taking over the world. Why... back in my day you told a man what to do and he did it! You paid the man 10 cents for his trouble and everyone was happy. If things got out of hand, you would just point your finger at him and say "Now listen here Mr!" and everything would return to normal. Very rarely did arguments resort to fisticuffs , but when they did... a man knew when he was licked and made square on the outcome. The loser respected the winner and did what he said.
You punk kids today are ruining my world! What... with your hot rods and leather jackets.
Don't get me started on the teenyboppers and hoods .
GET OFF MY LAWN!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions