PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fed up with My phone...and maybe Verizon (idk yet)

So I was happy and ecstatic to see the new Ski-Rom and RootRom put up since I havent seen a Rom posted in a while. Since I have Verizon, I know Im only aloted a stock rom that leaves me with 30+mb to play with (anything less then 20mb starts to lag my phone) Which limits my options of certain roms...I.e. any stuffed rom. I am SO angry at the fact after flashing both Root and Ski Roms my phone acted like it got dropped in mud and then dipped in molassas and then frozen in the artic. I checked the memory...I had 1.34mb to play with on both roms so I had NO way getting a chance to like these roms. ARGH!!! Guys you all do a GREAT job and Im not knocking your roms at all nor am I criticizing your work but the only way for me to really get a chance to play is to flash a Skinned rom and then start adding programs and I hate doing that >.<

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 12-25-2009, 06:34 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Fed up with My phone...and maybe Verizon (idk yet)

Just find a nice stable minimal ROM. I have one for the Diamond which runs pretty good and is Titanium only. Which interface do you prefer? (Manila 1, 2.1, 2.5, or Titanium)
Old 12-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

do you know if any of the TP2 ROMS work with the tp1? I seem to have alot of luck with MightyRoms but not much else unless of course its a "minimal rom".
Old 12-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

No tp2 roms will work on the tp, since they require different drivers and kernel. Plus screen is wvga on tp2 compared to vga on tp. I would suggest you download caulk's kitchen or someone elses and try to make a minimal rom with it! I feel your pain i had vzw tp also, till they gave me a tp2 as a replacement .
Old 12-25-2009, 08:24 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I made one with Calk's Kitchen and I have about 60MB free before I install my cabs I like personally and then after syncing my e-mail I have 40MB free on my onboard storage.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
No tp2 roms will work on the tp, since they require different drivers and kernel. Plus screen is wvga on tp2 compared to vga on tp. I would suggest you download caulk's kitchen or someone elses and try to make a minimal rom with it! I feel your pain i had vzw tp also, till they gave me a tp2 as a replacement .
That reminds me! Why havent you posted a demo rom in awile! That makes me sad that you havent
Old 12-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
That reminds me! Why havent you posted a demo rom in awile! That makes me sad that you havent
I dont have a touch pro or diamond anymore to test traded tp for my tp2 and diamond stopped working. Im going to have one for the tp2 eventually when i get some more free time.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
I dont have a touch pro or diamond anymore to test traded tp for my tp2 and diamond stopped working. Im going to have one for the tp2 eventually when i get some more free time.
I call shenanagans! I stil use your roms lol and if I knew enough about making roms id make my own :P
Old 12-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I made one with Calk's Kitchen and I have about 60MB free before I install my cabs I like personally and then after syncing my e-mail I have 40MB free on my onboard storage.
When I get some free time I have to post the error I keep getting using Caulkins Kit. Thats what I loved about having a minimal rom...so many things I could do.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:59 AM
I see you have a PPC.

What's the latest kitchen in the TP forums? 4.2? Download that and I will show you my selections so you can port the Obviously Stable ROM to the TP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions