PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 11:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

BBAHunter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email question

I have an HTC Diamond and want to setup my WM mobile Outlook to send/receive to/from my ISPs pop servers. When I setup the active sync, I get messages synchronized from my desktop PC email client, yet I can not send and receive from the mobile to the same. I can't seem to find any options for adding the pop servers to the mail account on the mobile device.

I see the options for setting up a new account and did that, but that account will not synch with my desktop account for some reason.

Any clues why I can not specify my account settings in the mobile devices default account created when I synched it to my desktop?
Old 12-27-2009, 12:16 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Email question

You have to set it up from the phone.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

BBAHunter is a n00b
Wink Re: Email question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
You have to set it up from the phone.

That sounds too obvious...
But really, can the inbox that is created by the active synch be used to check mail from the ISP directly? I guess that is the real question I have.

Thanks... I think.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:57 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Nope. But what you can do is set up a web server (can be done from your PC using Apache and PHP) and just download Z-Push and it can check e-mail from your web server too. I would just recommend using IMAP where possible. Or better yet if you can, move all your e-mail to a Gmail account and it has it's own Exchange Server which I love using.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Nope. But what you can do is set up a web server (can be done from your PC using Apache and PHP) and just download Z-Push and it can check e-mail from your web server too. I would just recommend using IMAP where possible. Or better yet if you can, move all your e-mail to a Gmail account and it has it's own Exchange Server which I love using.
I second the Gmail Exchange, exchange is the only real way to go any more. Push and have it instant. don't tell google this but I would even pay for gmail.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)

drizzo91 is a n00b

ditto on the Gmail, it really is easy to use, you can use it as IMAP or exchange (i recommend exchange), and if you choose exchange it can automatically backup your contacts (and your calendar too i believe)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions