PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrading to Iphone on Sero

Hey guys I have a sero plan, the regular 30 bucks, unlimited messaging, unlimited data., etc. If I were to upgrade to the iphone 4 ( NOT 4S), would Sprint still charge me an extra 20 bucks? Or would it just be the regular 10 for upgrading since there's no 4g in the iphone? I dont have 4g in my area and since theyre switching to LTE itd be completely useless to pay for that service and never have it.

Thanks guys! KEEP THE SITE ROCKIN'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 10-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Upgrading to Iphone on Sero

still have to pay the extra $20 for premium data. this fee is for all new smartphones now to ensure that we can still have unlimited data so it's not just for or should I say 3G because sprints 4G speeds are the slowest of all the other carriers (speeds on 3G of these other carriers are faster than its 4G). and their 3G is really 2G/dialup well at least for my hometown and this year anyway.

Last edited by eric12341; 10-09-2011 at 09:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

before: SERO + $10 = SERO Premium + $10 (4G fee) = $50
now: SERO + $10 = SERO Premium + $10 (Premium (4G/Apple) Data) = $50
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaX View Post
before: SERO + $10 = SERO Premium + $10 (4G fee) = $50
now: SERO + $10 = SERO Premium + $10 (Premium (4G/Apple) Data) = $50

so dumb, premium data for the iphone my @ss, it doesnt even have 4g.

Samsung galaxy S2 it is!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
so dumb, premium data for the iphone my @ss, it doesnt even have 4g.

Samsung galaxy S2 it is!
4g is the least of iphonys issues.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

wondering if i could just order an iphone online with sero plan $30/month, then not activate it and keep using my touch pro 2 lol

If I could order one at subsidized price to play with, I wouldnt mind the 2 year extension on contract lol since I'd be using it anyways
Old 10-10-2011, 11:23 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
wondering if i could just order an iphone online with sero plan $30/month, then not activate it and keep using my touch pro 2 lol

If I could order one at subsidized price to play with, I wouldnt mind the 2 year extension on contract lol since I'd be using it anyways
Wondering that myself for a Galaxy 2, but I think you may have to activate it or pay back the discounted price. Anyone know for sure?

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

imecoli is a n00b

according to Russ's Law, you can switch back to SERO basic aytime. no mention of repaying the subsidy fee on a purchse, you would still need to hold onto to the 2 year contract.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

imecoli is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Wondering that myself for a Galaxy 2, but I think you may have to activate it or pay back the discounted price. Anyone know for sure?

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
I checked at the store (not sure if that is valid however) they said the subsidy is for the extension, not the phone. You don't need to activate it.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing since there is only 2 months left in the program.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:26 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imecoli View Post
I checked at the store (not sure if that is valid however) they said the subsidy is for the extension, not the phone. You don't need to activate it.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing since there is only 2 months left in the program.

What program are you referring to?

Sent from a Nook Color on CM7
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions