PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint SERO + New phones (new info)

Ok my current phone started acting up. So I took it to get checked up. Meanwhile I got on the phone with sprint to see what option I had towards exchange / upgrading my phone. Since I am on SERO, I know I have to change my plan to be able to activate any of the newer phones. While talking to the rep. she told me there are "NEW" SERO accounts set up for those of us switching. It's similar to the Everything Plus Plans, but it includes 500 any time minutes at $59.99 instead of the 450 any time minutes for $69.99. It's a permanent $10 discount. She also suggested I speak with retentions if I was unhappy with that offer, to have them add in a "cancellation credit". Still don't know the details on this as I am on the phone with the rep still. She just switched my upgrade eligibility date to Nov 1st.

Ok with retentions on the phone now, OMFG SPRINT SO ROCKS!! She offered $20.00 monthly credit on my account. I got to keep all my perks; Unlimited Incoming, Any 3 and N&W starting @5pm.

Remember YMMV.

-CC
Old 11-17-2009, 09:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint SERO + New phones (new info)

BTW since I was switched from SERO to the Everything Plus, data is excellent by comparison, in the same areas.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

mistabusta is just getting started

I switched one of my SERO accounts to their new Family Everything Data plan.

They put us on at $99 a month for three lines sharing 2000 minutes and everything else that comes with the package. We also get a nice corporate discount and they will add that into the mix as well. So when you break it down, we're actually playing $3 more per line than we were with the old SERO plan.

Then discounted us on 2 Moments and a Blackberry Curve.

I didn't get the cancellation credit, but they did give me $100 in referrals for what counts as three new lines.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

That sounds good and see all these other people complaining about SERO. You just got to call them and talk to them for people like us who have been with Sprint for so many years that actually had SERO legitimately they will work with us. Good post.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabusta View Post

They put us on at $99 a month for three lines sharing 2000 minutes and everything else that comes with the package. We also get a nice corporate discount and they will add that into the mix as well. So when you break it down, we're actually playing $3 more per line than we were with the old SERO plan.

Then discounted us on 2 Moments and a Blackberry Curve.

I didn't get the cancellation credit, but they did give me $100 in referrals for what counts as three new lines.
Woah.. I'm interested. I have two old SERO lines that I've been dreading upgrading to get android phones. I wasn't looking forward to the large jump to go to the $110 family EPRP Data plan.. but $99 is only $10 more than I pay now ($30 and $50 sero plans). What number did you call to do this? I'd get any mobile anytime, and a premier status with upgrades every 12 months instead of 22!..

How did you get 2000 mins instead of 1600, and at $10 cheaper?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

llmask is just getting started

this was done 3 days ago:

i had 1 line w sero. i called asking to upgrade to the erp family plan for 109.99 w 1600 minutes. csr said i can't get it, but instead offered:

family plan w 1500 anytime for 129.99$
-$20 every month for 24 months.
additional lines at $19.99.

I have 4 lines total. I applied my company discounts.
roughly comes out to 30$ for each line.. modified SERO plan...
Old 11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)

ejlmd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabusta View Post

This plan sounds really appealing. Is it part of the everything plus referral program? How did you get it, and what did you ask for? Do you know exactly what is is called?
Thanks.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)

ejlmd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Ok my current phone started acting up. So I took it to get checked up. Meanwhile I got on the phone with sprint to see what option I had towards exchange / upgrading my phone. Since I am on SERO, I know I have to change my plan to be able to activate any of the newer phones. While talking to the rep. she told me there are "NEW" SERO accounts set up for those of us switching. It's similar to the Everything Plus Plans, but it includes 500 any time minutes at $59.99 instead of the 450 any time minutes for $69.99. It's a permanent $10 discount. She also suggested I speak with retentions if I was unhappy with that offer, to have them add in a "cancellation credit". Still don't know the details on this as I am on the phone with the rep still. She just switched my upgrade eligibility date to Nov 1st.

Ok with retentions on the phone now, OMFG SPRINT SO ROCKS!! =D> She offered $20.00 monthly credit on my account. I got to keep all my perks; Unlimited Incoming, Any 3 and N&W starting @5pm.

Remember YMMV.

-CC
Are you also able to get a corporate/employee discount stacked on top of the $20 monthly credit?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlmd View Post
Are you also able to get a corporate/employee discount stacked on top of the $20 monthly credit?

I'm not corporate, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to keep what you already have.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero - Freshified :)

gazment is keeping up the good workgazment is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to gazment Send a message via Yahoo to gazment

I didn't have a sero plan; However, after being an 8+ year customer I told the rep I was very disatisfied with the $30 jump in price from when I switched to my hero. I threatened to cancel my contract and got sent to retentions. After going back and forth a bit I was offered a 20 dollar discount on my plan.

I also got to keep my 20% corporate discount, all my bonus minutes, ect...

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion