PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM
Carrier: Sprint

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
My sig has every sys released this year for the most part. Browse around and try them out. 216xx is a great htc build. 235xx is nice as well, includes threaded email. Just pick one out and try it!

Thanks everyone! I have a ton going on and another trip next week which keeps me back and forth on the cooking process. It is hard to keep up and find the time I appreciate all the work on the new forum. It seems to be more organized and helpful! Any ideas on my question on post #643?

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Where exactly? Ive gone over the Manila app.dat and havent seen a clear location as to where it could be. Thank you.
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia"):-File("Sprint Music.lnk","\Windows\Sprint Music.lnk")

You will also see Mail Setup which can be removed as well. The alarm I beieive in in the SYS files as stated I don't know exactly were.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 04-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotravelcat View Post
In the absence of Calk to explaiin....I believe Calks .tsk uses the main .tsk as a framework so removing it leaves the standard stuff. (Please feel free anyone to correct me if I am wrong in any statements here)
I wanted to cook in a different background pic for the home, lockscreen, and startmenu screens without having to edit after the build and here is what I did to keep it simple. Using CFC I edited the 2 manila files in Calks .tsk ( EXT\Touch_Pro2\6.5.x\Packages\Tweaks - 6.5.x) to the pics I wanted, which edits the start screen and the lock screen and then I named my pic flamerise.png and copied the .PNG that I wanted for the home screen into the OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC directory on top of hte current flamerise. It works like a charm. There are cleaner ways to do it but this is what I did.
Here is another way:

Open the .tsk in WinCE CAB Manager replace the stwater_480_800.jpg with whatever jpg you want (make sure you jpg is the right size). Then change the other stwater_800_480. jpg to whatever you want and name it say zone_blue.tsk. Next I create a folder called "Theme - Zone Blue" it could be called anything. This file would go in your EXT folder and of course set as true. Inside i I have a bunch of PNG, manila, and BMP files that change around the graphics. I placed a manila.txt file in the folder with "TSK: \Windows\zone_blue.tsk" as the contents. Place the zone_blue.tsk in the folder and thats it when I flash I get the images a backgrounds. I can also change the tsk around anyway I choose.

I bet that's clear as mud. Also be sure to back up the original .tsk because it is easy to break.

As far as calk tweaks.cab I took a loot at it and it didn't change a hole lot. I removed all of that stuff from the kitchen. You can do it once you get the theme squared away.

Last edited by zone23; 04-28-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:45 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Here is another way:

Take the .tsk rename it to .cab. open the cab in WinCE CAB Manager replace the stwater_480_800.jpg with whatever jpg you want. Then change the other stwater_800_480. jpg to whatever you want. Save as a cab the rename back to .tsk and call it say zone_blue.tsk. Next I create a folder called "Theme - Zone Blue" it could be called anything. This file would go in your EXT folder and of course set as true. Inside i I have a bunch of PNG, manila, and BMP files that change around the graphics. I placed a manila.txt file in the folder with "TSK: \Windows\zone_blue.tsk" as the contents. Place the zone.tsk in the folder and thats it when I flash I get the images a backgrounds. I can also change the tsk around anyway I choose.

I bet that's clear as mud.

As far as calk tweaks.cab I took a loot at it and it didn't change a hole lot. I removed all of that stuff from the kitchen. You can do it once you get the theme squared away.
Hey Zone, just to save you a step, you don't have to rename the TSK to CAB ... WinCE will open the TSK as is.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 04-28-2010, 01:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Hey Zone, just to save you a step, you don't have to rename the TSK to CAB ... WinCE will open the TSK as is.
Thanks did not know that..

Revised run on sentence.....

Last edited by zone23; 04-28-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Here is another way:

Take the .tsk rename it to .cab. open the cab in WinCE CAB Manager replace the stwater_480_800.jpg with whatever jpg you want (make sure you jpg is the right size). Then change the other stwater_800_480. jpg to whatever you want. Save as a cab the rename back to .tsk and call it say zone_blue.tsk. Next I create a folder called "Theme - Zone Blue" it could be called anything. This file would go in your EXT folder and of course set as true. Inside i I have a bunch of PNG, manila, and BMP files that change around the graphics. I placed a manila.txt file in the folder with "TSK: \Windows\zone_blue.tsk" as the contents. Place the zone_blue.tsk in the folder and thats it when I flash I get the images a backgrounds. I can also change the tsk around anyway I choose.
I'm thinking I messed up. Sorry. The files I changed were the 2 stwater.jpgs in the .tsk Thanks Zone23 for clearing up the mud LOL. I took the lazy route and just edited Calks so I could move on to other edits.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
it's called HTCCamera1.dll
I didn't look in the H's...

Thank you
Old 04-28-2010, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'm thinking I messed up. Sorry. The files I changed were the 2 stwater.jpgs in the .tsk Thanks Zone23 for clearing up the mud LOL. I took the lazy route and just edited Calks so I could move on to other edits.

Yes I edit his as well the last part about creating the folder and manila files just allows you to move away from his stuff and sort of create your own. I wanted my own theme folder, theme file, and all that.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, still hoping someone will save the day before I go home from work. Any help with post 643 reg question, many Thanks to you!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:45 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Ok I'm still trying to get caught up in the switch from Calk to TP2 Collab so I am a little behind here. Can someone please point me in the right direction for the current SYSs the we are using here. I forget the com levels and I am currently using 28232. Anyone have any suggestions for a speedy, stable, mem resource lite SYS.

Also, Can anyone tell me how to remove the HTC icons from the build? I know the reg edit but that only allows me to remove them after I cook and I would like them to be gone when the build loads. These are the reg edits I have been using in an EXT:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"IsShortcutEnable"="dword:00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher\3]
"IsReadOnly"=dword:00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher\2]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher\1]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher\0]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\InternetPus h]
"DeleteLink"=dword:00000001
"EnablePushInternet"=dword:00000000

THE SPACES ONLY SHOW UP HERE NOT IN MY EXT. NOT SURE WHY
But I keep getting this error:

Failed to parse value name HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila!!!

I know there is probably a syntax problem but I can't see it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Arrrrggggg Pulling out my hair!!

your talking about the htc shortcuts in the start menu right?

Add this line in your tweaks folder at the end of your kitchen...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"IsShortcutEnable"=dword:0

Last edited by smiznith; 04-28-2010 at 02:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development