PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
man ive been hearing nothing but good things about this rom, so ill have to give it a try today.
how do u like it? i like it when other chefs try each others work out and share ideas, let us know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Wow...Lumos is definitely a keeper.
whats so special about lumos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Nice, isn't it? It's amazing what a little healthy manipulation of the backlight can do for you...
i tried it and i didnt really like the way it would change my backlight, didnt feel fluid enough, for me the built in auto-backlight works fine or maybe ive just gotten used to the way it gradually changes the backlight, is there that much of a difference in battery saving from windows auto-dim vs lumos that i should give it a 2nd try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Reading the Rhodium 2.1 page at XDA, I really don't really see why there's hype about Rhodium Manilla 2.1
come on! its 2.1!! thats like .1 higher number than 2.0, i gotta have it!

and just to add to the battery drama, my battery sucks too! but its not this roms fault, its like that right now with anyones and i think i know why, for 1, its the same original battery i've had since i got my original tp in november 2008, also, i've frozen it a few times by accident keeping my phone on dry ice and also had one phone condensate a lot in the battery compartment, lol....i should really go in my closet and open up a fresh battery i got from assurion a while back. btw anyone have a link that that maxx183 guys battery tweak cab? i already installed his incallpower tweaks but i recall seeing another, heading out of the office now so if someone could link me to that cab i can download direct on my phone thanks

Old 08-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
Sporkman, i caught your last few posts......did you try this?......i was experiencing the same crazy drain when i first flashed this ROM, and this tweak helped dramatically. i think you are exactly where i was a week ago....this ROM is very polished, and you want to run it, but the battery life is the pits. give the tweak a shot...it works well. the battery life with the tweak is still not as great as other WM6.5 ROMs, but it is much more manageable.....i, like you, couldn't make it through a day of normal use before it. now, my phone lasts a day of normal use no prob.

I have not but i will
Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

From the looks of the 2.1 manila thread at xda, there's a few things that need to be worked out. Hopefully we still get an update tonight!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G

lilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to lilflip21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
From the looks of the 2.1 manila thread at xda, there's a few things that need to be worked out. Hopefully we still get an update tonight!
yeah saw..

"we need a cdma sms fix. when we try to click send, we get "sim card error" i believe xbmod had a fix for this in his version, but it does not work here."

Thats gonna be a issue for us cdma people waiting on 2.1 rom.. hopefully fixed quickly
Old 08-05-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

bkurek is becoming a great contributor

just a follow-up on my previously posted verizon woes. perhaps, in my humble opinion, we could put a note in post 1 about low memory on the verizon device when loading this rom? just a thought. it really does interfere witn an otherwise fantastic creation. thank you.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Actually it is a reg edit you can UC or Sashimi:

Enjoy!

The value for 'checked' is '3' -- and thanks to rstoyguy for finding those when I was having trouble searching down a few keys.
I will add this to my guide as well as your other finds ! great job! thank you !

Still would love to find where the "pin" reg key is (the phone lock when pin).
Old 08-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post

whats so special about lumos?

i tried it and i didnt really like the way it would change my backlight, didnt feel fluid enough, for me the built in auto-backlight works fine or maybe ive just gotten used to the way it gradually changes the backlight, is there that much of a difference in battery saving from windows auto-dim vs lumos that i should give it a 2nd try?
Glad you asked, because Lumos is indeed special, and you should definitely give it another try. Run it for at least 48 hours, and make sure you take the calibration wizard seriously (more on that in a minute).

First of all, it's important to put this into the right context -- the backlight is the number one drain on our battery that we have control over. With your backlight set to maximum, the screen looks fantastic, but you can almost hear the slurping sound of your battery being sucked away. Even while charging, if your backlight is set to 100% you will heat up more, and charge more slowly because of the massive additional current drain. If you could operate at 30% or 40% all day long, you could get up to double the battery life -- but running at 30% or 40% all day is unrealistic for most of us. We go outside, and still have to see the screen. Perhaps we run a GPS application in the car that we always want at maximum brightness. Whatever the reason, we usually don't optimize our day-to-day, moment-to-moment backlight usage, and if we could, it would save us a ton of battery power. Lumos does that for you -- the built in backlight management will not.

So, what about that calibration wizard? Well, it basically helps you determine what realistic values (this is important) should be set for the boundaries of your backlight in your personal situation by measuring incoming light in your various personal environments. This allows it to determine a curve that gets applied based on current lighting conditions -- and it works. For example:

I work at my desk in a relatively dark room. After calibration it was determined that I can read my phone clearly in this light at only 30% backlight and this ended up being the minimum set by Lumos. Calibration also had me go stand in the Colorado sun outside my house and determined that I could read the screen ok at 80% even in direct light, so that became the maximum. You could determine this manually, and then set it manually, but the wizard is a very nice tool for helping make sense of what you can actually work with.

Once Lumos is calibrated it starts to work it's magic. At my desk, as calibrated, I can see the backlight set to 30% and the power usage is minimal. Outside in the sun I can see it set to 80% and the power usage, while much greater, is still significantly less than if I had left it at 100. The real neat thing is, I can also find it sometimes at 40%, or 50%, or 60% because it uses the minimum and maximum detected light calibration values to create a curve for applying the backlight settings. This way, I can always see my screen whatever the lighting around me, and I get the benefit of having my backlight turned down as low as I am comfortable with it as much as is possible without my intervention. That saves a lot of power, and takes zero effort. Who wouldn't want that?

The 'smoothness' is mostly a matter of polling and change time, which defaults to 1250/2500ms to save more battery life, but can be set to whatever value you choose for faster/smooth backlight adjustments. In fact, all the settings that are determined by the wizard can also be set manually, and exceptions can be set for programs like Garmin (gps) to make sure they always get maximum brightness.

I really do hope that more people, especially people with battery issues, will more strongly consider the backlight as a primary cause of power drain, and consider trying Lumos along with your other battery tweaks for at least a few days. I think it just might surprise you.

EDIT: Screenshots

Last edited by askwhy; 08-05-2009 at 11:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

your use of the word curves has made me give this another shot. ill try to better calibrate my device with that tomorrow after i flash a new rom tonight. i guess shining a flashlight at my phone during calibration isnt a good idea? i just didnt feel like going outside for the bright settings lol
Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
your use of the word curves has made me give this another shot. ill try to better calibrate my device with that tomorrow after i flash a new rom tonight. i guess shining a flashlight at my phone during calibration isnt a good idea? i just didnt feel like going outside for the bright settings lol
yeah he sure convenced me to try it. thanks askwhy for your sales pitch, im sold!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Waiting for the new...

I read again AskWhy post and it's amaizing how thech us.=D>

I agree with this AskWhy words:

I really do hope that more people, especially people with battery issues, will more strongly consider the backlight as a primary cause of power drain, and consider trying Lumos along with your other battery tweaks for at least a few days. I think it just might surprise you.

My preparation for the new AURORA ROM: I cleened and made hard reset and flashed Sprint Stock.

And still cheking about the RADIO traing to have the optimus Battery and complementing with Lumos.

I changed the RADIO for Verizon 1.03.09V and I have a very good results about RX: Receive
Ec/Io: Signal to Interference Ratio.

Why should I flash a new radio version on my phone?
- Increased reception reliability & increased battery life. It's simple. The less roaming you do, the better your battery life.

So I will wait for new AURORA and tomorrow with Lumos waiting for Sunny day.

Last edited by jdm627; 08-05-2009 at 11:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro