PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 03:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

lvdata is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[11/21] Plain ROM nothing at all.

Warning:

YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PHONE UNLOCKED TO USE THIS ROM

HOW TO UNLOCK: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503 (Please Read Carefully)

Warning:

You and only you, are responsible for any changes you make to your PDA .... Flashing ROMs is a risk that you take that can potentially cause damage to the PDA ... I and the good people here of PPCGeeks will NOT be held responsible for such damage if it occurs .......

This is a ROM from the PPCKitchen with absolutely NO extra items installed.
This is for the Sprint Touch Pro, and it IS missing everything. This rom is really for 3 uses all testing purposes.

1. Speed check of the TP with nothing loaded.

2. Batt check with nothing running (except push exchange sync)

3. Troubleshooting for myself as to why my custom ROMs were so slow.

It is wicked fast with the default pagepool of 12, and different enough that I thought I'd make it available to others to use.

Thanks go out to everyone at PPCKitchen for the wonderful program (it IS the cook causing my problems ) Also jakdillard who I err borrowed his disclaimers.

you can download it from:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h3w89das
MD5 Hash ab137846bd7dae188124d9d4d0514618

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Plain ROM nothing at all.

Thanks. I've been curious also as to how fast a base rom is. I will try this out.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Thumbs up Re: Plain ROM nothing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdata View Post
Warning:

YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PHONE UNLOCKED TO USE THIS ROM

HOW TO UNLOCK: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503 (Please Read Carefully)

Warning:

You and only you, are responsible for any changes you make to your PDA .... Flashing ROMs is a risk that you take that can potentially cause damage to the PDA ... I and the good people here of PPCGeeks will NOT be held responsible for such damage if it occurs .......

This is a ROM from the PPCKitchen with absolutely NO extra items installed.
This is for the Sprint Touch Pro, and it IS missing everything. This rom is really for 3 uses all testing purposes.

It is wicked fast with the default pagepool of 12, and different enough that I thought I'd make it available to others to use.

Thanks go out to everyone at PPCKitchen for the wonderful program (it IS the cook causing my problems ) Also jakdillard who I err borrowed his disclaimers.

you can download it from:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h3w89das
MD5 Hash ab137846bd7dae188124d9d4d0514618

I have tried this ROM it is really smooth. Is there a way to build touch flo 3d to this base rom? I would like this combination.

btw, thanks for the rom.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
I have tried this ROM it is really smooth. Is there a way to build touch flo 3d to this base rom? I would like this combination.

btw, thanks for the rom.
honestly I think its smooth because it doesn't have tf3d but you can install tf3d from a cab someware i believe.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
honestly I think its smooth because it doesn't have tf3d but you can install tf3d from a cab someware i believe.

I have looked and no luck at all.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
I have looked and no luck at all.
read here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...21&postcount=2

press thank you

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [11/21] Plain ROM nothing at all.

By nothing does that mean you open programs and see nothing? You can still make phone calls right?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
By nothing does that mean you open programs and see nothing? You can still make phone calls right?

Yes, you can still make phone calls , surf internet. Thats the two main thing i do anyway. Just think of this rom as a plan OS like you get from a 6700.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Threadstarter

lvdata is just getting started

Well here is what I learned. On issue

It stayed fast until I setup activesync to sync with my server, then the intermittant "lockups" started again - a lockup being more then 1 second delay on menu interaction, start button, ect. It is still better then with TF3D running, but activesync does seem to be the slowdown (too much e-mail in my inbox? 5000 items 640 megs from the last 3 years? It is set to sync the fist 1k of each message from the last month, approx 600 emails)

This is difficult to tell, but it seems to be the approximalty the same without resorting to leaving the phone alone all day in the same spot for several days.

I was trying to include too many progs and tweaks.

I also learned that too bare of a rom is almost as bad as to full of a rom. It is disappointing to have a wonderful machine with nothing on it. It was missing too many items to really leave it running for a full test being my only phone and link to the office, but it did seem to resolve some problems, but missing too many programs created others. Now to set up a fast useable rom....

Old 12-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

You know your problem. Too many emails. Plain and simple.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development