PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink 6-7-09 ~~Bear-Bonz Rom~~ final version 3.3 - [Rhodium/Titanium - 6.5 - 21731]

Development Discontinued - 6/10/09

Before you post any questions in this thread please
read this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 and this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37805

Lots of your questions are answered in the Changelog, FAQ, and Blog in posts 1, 2 and 3. I update them regularly so make sure you read up before posting.

This is a Sprint Specific Rom.

Code:
Next version preview... WIP (these things may or may not actually be included)

Version 3-4 - WIP [development discontinued 6/10/09]
Modified WM lockscreen with slider at the bottom (thanks JMZ)
General lite maintenance (trimmed a lil Mb fat.  Excess image files, etc)
Updated NetCF to 3.7 (Thanks DaG and Indagroove)

Rom Info/Changelog...

Version 3-3 - 6/07/09
Added matching HTC dialer skin (thanks gadgetfreak)
Added skinned SetVolume backgrounds (thanks gadgetfreak)
Moved SetVolume settings icon and (new) launch icon to system tools folder
Removed volume buttons from SetVolume skin
Restored HTC dialer as the default
Added 1-click WM dialer restoral system
Version 3-2 - 6/06/09
Updated sys to 21731
Rolled TitaniumWeather to 4.1 (Radar fixed)
Removed nueDynamicClock
Version 3-1 - 6/04/09
Fixed BT icon on HTC dialer
Added CSDevCtrl (autolock app) preconfigured
Version 3-0 - gadgetfreak edition - 6/02/09
Updated sys to 21728
Taskbar makeover by Gadgetfreak
Fixed graphics problems in dialer call log (Thanks Dsi76/Indagroove)
Removing Messenger
Adding Palringo (Universal IM)
Updated Google Maps to 3.0.1.6
Updated Titanium Weather to 4.1.5
Enabled Opera smooth scrolling and turbo mode by default
***Fully skinned and working WM 6.5 dialer, lockscreen and slide2answer,
 with working skinned bluetooth icon, WM volume control skin app, 
WM lock softkey on TF homescreen and working EPST/911 codes!!!***
Version 2-9 - 5/27/09
Updated sys to 21725 (Thanks Indagroove)
Updated Opera to 16453 (with custom loading screen by me)
Fixed MyPhone
Version 2-8 - Swine-Flu Edition - 5/25/09
Updated sys to 21234
Adding reSTART start menu customizer/organizer
Changed default Opera panFPS to 22
Version 2-7 - 5/17/09
Removed FlashLIGHT
Removed Lumos (compatibility issues)
Added G-Light (kinda like Lumos)
Taskbar icon improvements (Thanks Gadgetfreak)
Version 2-6 - 5/16/09
Updated sys to 21232
Applied consistent clock reg edit by default
Re-added Flash
Added FlashLIGHT
Improved 6.5 kinetic scrolling behavior
Back to Omnia video drivers
Version 2-5 - 5/14/09
Updated sys to 21231
Changed default album to DCIM>100Media (To match Titanium/camera)
Slightly modified nuedynamicclock defaults (to favor performance)
Restored widgets (MSN weather etc)
Fixed incoming call notification showing over S2A screen
Version 2-4 - 5/11/09
Updated Facebook app to 1.0.0.7 (no longer beta)
Disabled push internet by default (duh)
Updated Google Translator to 1.5
Added possible fix for WMP freezing
Version 2-3 - 5/07/09
Updated sys to 21222
Restored Opera "real exit"
Rolled back to Opera 15954
Lightened up start menu background (for real this time)
Switched to CDMA video drivers
Minor cosmetic changes
Version 2-2 - 5/04/09
Lightened up start menu background (was too dark)
Changed splash screen (thanks Gadgetfreak)
Added matching white Titanium contacts icon (thanks Tersoth)
Restored transparent Titanium screen highlight bar
Restored access to Outlook Contacts by default
Version 2-1 - 5/03/09
Updated sys to 21502
Updated Facebook app to .16
Added TF3D Amp music tab replacement
Slightly enlarged start menu icons
Completely reconstructed theme to fix color issues
Version 2-0 - 5/02/09
Updated sys to WM6.5 21501
Ported rom skin/appearance to the new sys
Removed custom scroll (no longer needed)
Version 1-9 - 4/29/09
Skinned notification enhancements (changed green to b&w)
Minor cosmetic Opera fixes
Matching today screen background
Version 1-8 - 4/26/09
Improved nueDynamicClock 1.0 settings
Added Google Translator app
Updated Opera to 9.5.16277 (from Tachi)
Updated volume control
Version 1-7 - 4/24/09
Removed green highlights from enhanced notification menus
Removed HTC calculator
Removed MMS unit converter
Added 1-Calc calculator and convertor app
Additional skinning to taskbar icons (more white ones)
Changed SMS/Email notification bubbles from red to green
Updated kitchen
Added Custom Scroll
Added Google Maps
Changed nueDynamicClock default settings
Version 1-6 - 4/22/09
Updated kitchen
Added nueDynamicClock
Added PHM Reg Editor
Topaz comm manager (fully working, fully skinned b&w)
Version 1-5 - 4/21/09
Topaz comm manager (WIP)
MSS unit converter app
Removed FlipIt and added ChangeScreen
Version 1-4 - 4/19/09
Restored manila tab header text
Fixed manila slider background graphics
Version 1-3 4/18/09
Added Topaz notification enhancements
Version 1-2a - 4/17/09
Dropped support for iContact for now
Changed right home soft key to Rhodium contacts
Version 1-2 - 4/16/09
Changed default FingerKeyboard skin and layout (see post #81)
Added a games folder button to the program launcher (post #82)
Prefilled entire Program Launcher with default buttons
Version 1-1a - 4/15/09
GSensor hotfix release.
Version 1-1 - 4/14/09
Clock is now added automatically during initial customization
Changed homescreen softkeys (can still be edited with Advanced Config)
Added taskmanager "tap x to kill"
Changed default album folder to internal storage "my docs/my pics"
Adding official Facebook app
Changed comm mangr colors... no more green (white with black buttons)
Added FM Radio
Added VGA iContact theme and changed default settings
Version 1-0 - Ghetto Beta Edition - 4/13/09
21028 sys
XBmod Rhodium Manila 1D
Showaco Sprint Clear Digital clock (currently installed by cab after flashing)

Following app list may not be complete...

Advanced Config 3.3
Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79R1
FDC Task Manager
FlipIt
G-Alarm 1.5.1
HTC Calculator
Live Search 4.5.3129.0
Music ID
Pocket RAR 3.8
QuickGPS
SPB Screenshot
SSMAHO 0.0.4.0
iContact AE 7.05
Kinoma FreePlay
Lumos v10RC2

Menu Enhancement
Rapid Charge Battery
Album 2.5.1820.4127
YouTube 1.6.1822.2028
Footprints

FingerKeyboard 2.1.408

WModem 2.41

Download Link: Version 3.3

* New * I am temporarily accepting donations. Proceeds will go to the Drybonz Touch Pro 2 (Palm Pre? Holy... what?!?) fund. Donations are appreciated but completely optional.

<---- Click to donate (please leave your PPCGeeks screen name in the comments when you donate)

Thanks to Calkulin (for the amazing kitchen), Rstoyguy (great help with OEMs and tutorials), TobeyChris (for inspiration and the first kitchen I used), Juicy and Mike (for the first premade roms I used), XBMod, Dharvey and the crew (for all the work on the Rhodium and HD manilas, and more), JMZ (Rhodium components), Tersoth (cooking and skinning help, and 6.5 icons), Conflipper (leaked sys's and more), Indagroove (sys's and cooking help, kitchen base on newer versions), Showaco (for the clock and many Rhodium mods we all use), PPCG staff and mods (for this great site), Gadgetfreak (splash screen and custom taskbar), Kessler (for the dialer skin I use), Svenso (SSMAHO), THX (iContact), Bengalih (Sashimi), everyone involved in FingerKeyboard, Soaa- (sig), and to all the other many people that have contributed to improving my phone and helping me make this rom.

The following people made donations... Thanks!!! (please tell me if you make a donation but don't want your name listed): Rileyd5, marianosf, bugzy

Last edited by Drybonz; 06-10-2009 at 09:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 54 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: 4-13-09 Bear-Bonz Rom Ghetto Beta 1-0 [Rhodium 6.1 21028]

FAQ is a work in progress... This is mostly just stuff I made up that I think people might ask frequently.

Q: Why did you call this rom bare-bonz? There is all kinds of stuff on here?!?
A: Not "bare"-bonz... "bear"-bonz. It's just a combination of 2 nicknames. It was the first thing I came up with.

Q: Isn't this the rom where you used to have to install the clock manually?
A: Lol... yeah that was me. Sorry about that. It's fixed now, though, so that it happens automatically during customization.

Q: Well, that's good, but now I have this white square on my screen after TouchFlo launches the first time!!! What do I do?!?! I'm freaking out!!!
A: Dude... wait like 10 seconds... it will go away.

Q: OMGZZZ!!! My clock is off by an hour all the time!?!? How do I fix it???
A: This is a bug that all Rhodium manila users must deal with for the time being... here is a great explanation, thanks to intx, on how to fix it. This is the method that I, personally, use. I do this right after flashing, and before I restore my PIM.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=69

Q: This says Sprint specific? Will it work with my carrier?
A: Maybe... you are welcome to try, but I can't say what kind of results you will get and I don't plan to support questions, etc... from non-Sprint users. There has been reports from Telus users that they have had success with the rom.

Q: Can you make a generic carrier rom?
A: I have no plans to do this at any point... sorry.

Q: This rom sucks, man...
A: That's not really a question, but you do have some options...
1) Wait for me to improve it.
2) Patch it up yourself with cabs and reg edits, etc...
3) Download a different premade rom... there's no shortage of them, and most of them are probably better than mine.
4) BEST OPTION - Read the how-to kitchens tutorial, download a kitchen (I use Calkulin's) and cook your own rom.

Q: OMGZZZ!!! This rom is amazing!!! How can I donate to you?
A: Lol... well thanks, but I am not going to take any donations.
***I am temporarily changing this policy because I am saving up for a Touch Pro 2. Donations can be made in the first post. Once I have my new device, I will stop taking donations again.***

Q: Well, what am I going to do with all this money?
A: Give it to Calkulin. He did most of the work involved... or give money to help save these turtles... http://thaiturtles.org/ Aren't they cool? And they are endangered!

Q: So are you gonna keep developing this rom?
A: We'll see how it goes. I'm just doing it for fun, so as long as it's fun for me I probably will. I have more customizations that I install via Sashimi after flashing, and I plan to integrate those so that everyone can have them. I will probably try to keep apps updated, etc...

Q: What is SSMAHO?
A: It's a cool little app that let's you remap your touchflo buttons (like call history, etc...) to open 3rd party apps. It used to be called SSMAPA.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=493810

Q: What is Kinoma?
A: It is a media player with lots of nice features like Orb integration and a very nice YouTube player (better than the YouTube you are used to). The version on this rom is Kinoma Freeplay, which is an unlimited trial version, with most of the features of the full paid version.
http://kinoma.com/#1

Q: What the heck is Orb?
A: It allows you to stream movies and music files that reside on your home computer onto your phone! It's free!
https://mycast.orb.com/orb/html/login.html

Q: Should I buy Kinoma?
A: Probably not, but it's up to you. The free version is really nice and even though it's a nice app their customer service is really awful.

Q: What is Lumos?
A: It's a backlight manager that works a lot better than the default HTC one. It will save you some battery and the lighting changes are very nice and subtle.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450318

Q: Hey! What happened to Lumos? It's not on the rom any more!
A: There were some compatibility issues, so it was replaced by another backlight manager called G-Light, made by the same guy as G-Alarm. It works great and I have preconfigured it for you so you don't even have to mess with it unless you want to.

Q: OMGZ!!! When I soft reset the word Glight runner is in my taskbar!!! How do I fix it?!?!?
A: That is G-Light, the backlight manager program I mentioned, starting up. It will go away as soon as you change tabs, screens, or hit X.

Q: What is Sashimi? I don't see it on this rom?!?!?
A: It's not, but you can get it here...
http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4
Along with some really nice documentation (hint, hint). Basically, it is an app that will let you auto-install cabs and all other sorts of things after flashing so that you can flash 5 or 6 times a day really quickly. :P

Q: Hey! Where is PIM Backup? How the heck am I supposed to restore my contacts?!?
A: I use SPB Backup, which is a paid software and I cannot include in this public rom. You can get PIM Backup here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

Q: Hey, there is no voice command on this rom!!! Can I get a cab?
A: Search the forum.

Q: You started using a new dialer in version 3.0 and now I hate your rom. Why are you such a jerk???
A: This is the default WM dialer. I skinned it and made it the default dialer so we could have full access to the lockscreen and WM Slide2Answer functions of WM 6.5. The HTC dialer is still there and you can revert back to it using the "enable phone skin" option in Advance Config.

Q: That's great! I love that old dialer and hate new stuff!!! But now that I went back to the HTC dialer if I use bluetooth there are two bluetooth icons!!!! What do I do?!?!?! I'm freaking out!!!!
A: In your Windows>StartUp folder, delete the BTIconNotifier shortcut. If you want to go back to the WM dialer at any point, to get the bluetooth icon back, go to your systems tools folder in the startup menu and run BT Icon Restore.

Q: I'm using the HTC dialer and now everything is all screwed up when I get an incoming call! What gives?!?!?!
A: The WM 6.5 Slide2Answer feature does not work with the HTC dialer. That's why I went through a lot of trouble to get the WM dialer working. You can disable the autolock feature I have set up using the CSDevCtrl settings in your system tools folder in the start menu. If you aren't using the WM 6.5 lockscreen, this will disable the WM Slide2Answer and then your HTC Slide2Answer will work just fine.

Q: Will you add this app/customization?
A: Probably not, unless I really like it. The rom I am sharing with you guys is the same rom I use for myself, and I really don't want to make 2 different ones. I hope you like it, but I want to like it too.

Q: Do you have a cab for every single obscure customization every invented?
A: Actually, no... I sure don't. But luckily we are registered members of a website that is just chock full of them... so search it up.

Q: Will you search for this cab for me and then post it in your rom thread so that I don't have to do anything?
A: Lol... what? No. Wait... were you being serious?

Q: I don't like this keyboard... can you use a different one?
A: No, sorry... but here is a great place to get all kinds of keyboards... use any one you want!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=keyboard
Please do not ask questions about other keyboards in this thread though. Thanks!

Q: I like the keyboard that's included in this rom, but I don't like the colors... can I change them?
A: Sure! Watzone69 and Reef48, along with some others (Giannis86), have put in a lot of work so that you can skin this keyboard... check this out!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63777

Q: What's this Scroll Config icon for in my programs?
A: This is a tiny app that let's you configure the scrolling distance in Windows Mobile. To change the default settings open the app, then go to the menu, select restore and load restore, then save and soft reset. If you don't like the new scrolling there is a setting in the menu to restore the defaults. It basically scrolls one screen at a time instead of scrolling on forever. (This was in the WM 6.1 roms only)

Q: Hey, why don't you have a facebook tab in the Rhodium contacts?
A: I have included the official facebook app which has more functionality than that tab.

Q: Yeah, but I already know how that tab works... Are you gonna add it?
A: Here is where you can get a cab file that will add the tab to your Rhodium contacts. I'm pretty sure this cab will break your contact and call history menus though. Try the facebook app.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1132

Q: Lolz... are you like a noob or something?
A: Yeah.

*NEW* WM 6.5 (Starting with rom version 2.0) FAQ:

Q: Isn't 6.5 slower than 6.1?
A: Yes.
But not terribly so. I find that the 6.5 version of the rom is quite usable even though it is a little slower and maybe a bit memory leaky. The 6.5 sys's are getting better with each new version that comes out, and I will continue to incorporate these into the rom, while maintaining the same look and overall functionality that you are used to.

Q: How is the battery life?
A: It's actually been really good... not a concern.

Q: The initial customizations after flashing are taking longer!!! Is something wrong?
A: No, that's normal... they do take a little longer.

Q: This new start menu is sweet! but it took me a while to get the icons where I want them... am I gonna have to do this each time I flash?
A: Actually, once you move them how you want them (by pressing and holding on the icons) you can back up the position of your start menu icons and restore them with Sashimi auto>reg. You might have to move a couple icons down still after your restore them, but this method will save you a ton of time. The reg entry to back up is HKLM>Security>Shell>StartInfo

Q: After I flash I still have the TouchFlo interface!!! Where is the new WM 6.5 homescreen?!?!
A: You can get it by going to the Today settings dialog, then to the "items" tab and selecting Windows Default. This is the same place you go to get TouchFlo back.

Q: Why did you use the HTC dialer? I heard the lock function won't work unless you use the WM dialer.
A: The lock function is working fine with the HTC dialer. The lock does glitch the first time after a soft reset usually, but you can un-glitch it by turning your screen off and then back on. After that is seems to work normally every time. The HTC dialer is much nicer anyway.
*edit* After a bit more testing... it does, in fact, glitch on an incoming call... you will probably want to continue using whatever locking method/software you were using previously.

Q: I heard that the bluetooth icon doesn't work in 6.5... is that true?
A: Because we are using the HTC dialer, we don't have this problem. The bluetooth icon shows up normally.

Q: How do I start the lock screen?
A: Open the start menu, then click on lock in the lower left. It's really not all that great... if you are used to another locking software, you may want to keep using it... but that will be personal preference.

Q: Is the 6.5 version of this rom gonna use up more of my main storage space?
A: Yes, a little... but I have been working to optimize this and will continue to do so.

Q: Why did you decide to start using 6.5?
A: I was a little undecided, but I took a user poll and the overwhelming results were that Bear-Bonz rom users wanted this transition. I'm actually pretty pleased with it so far... there is some nice new functionality. I particularly like the new start menu, and I have actually started hiding my HTC program launcher altogether and just using the 6.5 start menu.

Q: This rom sucks now!!! You completely screwed it up!!! You are a big jerk!!!
A: Umm... that's not really a question... but you do have several options:
1) Wait for me to improve it.
2) Patch it up yourself with cabs and reg edits, etc...
3) Download a different premade rom... there are so many awesome choices and varieties of them available right now, you shouldn't have trouble finding what you are looking for. You can get 6.1, 6.5, without manila, with manila, all different looks, RSTG even made one with Mobile Shell 3.0!
4) BEST OPTION - Read the how-to kitchens tutorial, download a kitchen (I use Calkulin's) and cook your own rom.

Q: I really like the changes in Bear-Bonz 2.0!!! Will you be my friend???
A: Sure.

*NEW* The official "flash back to shipped" FAQ

Q: OMGZ!?!?! My phone is doing all kinds of crazy stuff like:
1) Randomly hard resetting
2) Hanging on the boot screen
3) My programs, or program icons are missing after I install them
4) My backup data seems to have been corrupted or is causing problems (like in my calendar appointments or causing my calendar to crash TF)
5) Other weird and major problems that nobody else seems to be having
Wtf do I do?!?! I'm Freaking out!!!! Help me or I swear I'll jump!!!
A) OK, calm down... back away from the ledge. This is a common thing and you can fix it very easily by flashing back to the shipped rom for your carrier (should be Sprint for most of us using this rom).

Q: *sniff* R-really? *wipes tears* How do I do it?
A: Here's what you do:
1) Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 and download the shipped rom for your carrier in the first post... not the stock rom, the shipped rom.
2) Flash the shipped rom.
3) After it boots, flash back to your preferred radio, as the shipped rom will restore the default radio, and update to your preferred PRL.
4) Hard reset by shutting down your device, pull your battery for 10 seconds, then hold in vol down, then the center button, then power, then wait for the white screen and follow the instructions.
5) After it boots you can then you can flash back to the custom rom of your choice.

Q: Dang... that sounds like a pain! Am I gonna have to do it each time I flash?
A: I don't see any reason to do it unless you are getting the weird problems. I have only needed to do it maybe about 5 times ever and I flash like a fiend.

Q: Can't I just use the "stock" rom instead of the "shipped" one? I already have the stock one and they are almost the same and...
A: No.

Q: But I...
A: No.

Q: Hey! I just followed your instructions and it totally fixed my problem! Is there any way I can ever repay you?!?!!?
A: *Image Remove by NinjaMom <--- Sam Jackson was here... "Read the thread sukkas"

Last edited by Drybonz; 06-06-2009 at 06:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 23 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The Bear-Bonz Blog

I had a few ideas for the third "reserved" space in this thread, and have finally decided to turn it into my own personal soapbox. Well, kind of... I have often noticed that when I am searching through a lengthy thread, that I am interested to see what the author has to say, but that I have to wade through a lot of other material to find it. So this spot is going to be a place for you to find my thoughts on developments with the rom, new apps, or customizations, etc...

I hope you find this useful... my fear is that by doing this I may generate a lot of off-topic discussion in the thread, which is not my intent... so please help me out by avoiding this. If you do want to reply to something I have to say in the blog, please, for gosh sake's, don't quote the whole post.

Thanks.

5/27/09
- Well, we have been thru the 21234 sys. While I found the performance of this sys to maintain more stability after being up for longer periods vs. the 21232, I had to port a lot of stuff over from the previous sys to get it running and I was never completely happy with the overall quality.
- I am preparing to release the first version of the rom based on the 21725 sys (thanks Indagroove) and I find the overall quality to be much better than the 21234. I am pretty hopeful about this one. I have been able to get MyPhone working, but still working on Messenger. Neither of these apps was working in 21234.
- We talked not too long ago about troubleshooting and I'm gonna do a couple tips on that subject now.
If you are having a problem that no one else seems to be reporting, the first thing you want to do is to look at things you are installing to see if any of them might be related. That part I wrote about previously... however, the next step in the troubleshooting is to actually test it to see if you can fix the problem on your own. The way you would do this is the hard reset and then NOT install the item that might be causing the problem.
Here is another tip I have for some of you new guys that are trying this rom, or in fact, any other rom, for the first time. The items you are installing on this rom will not all be necessary, and in fact, may break things if you install them all on another rom. That's why I highly recommend that you DON'T do an auto-install with Sashimi or whatever method you use the FIRST time you are trying a new rom. Install your items manually to find out which ones you want to keep, and which ones don't work on the new rom. Only set up an autoinstall once you find a rom you want to stick with.
Rom hopping is fine... I used to do it a bit myself... it's fun to try them all out... however, lump installing all the same stuff on every rom you try and expecting it to all work is a party foul.
5/27/09
- Lots to do today! I have a new final kitchen from Calkulin and a new sys (21232) from Indagroove to sort thru and integrate into my kitchen. I am already well into the setup work, but it's time to go get some coffee!!! I will keep everyone updated on my progress. It should be a fun day.
5/14/09
- I am currently working on prepping the new 21231 sys for my kitchen... flashing my first build with that sys now. Testing and prep work may or may not delay the next release. Don't know yet. I will try to keep everyone updated.
- sys 21231 is looking like it is going to be another good performance improvement, at a glance. Looks like the blank dialog box that pops up when switching to Titanium is gone with this sys... also, looks like the update profile is working properly.
- Released version 2.5.
5/13/09
- I have been using the last couple days to let some of the loose minor bugs settle and to re-evaluate what needs to be done next. Thanks to some great feedback and troubleshooting from Bear-Bonz users I think we have eliminated a few things, most notably the media freezing issues. The WMP memory leaks seem to have been squared away thanks to a couple reg edits I read about via da-Reeseboy (thanks for that) and we isolated the audiopara cab (not available thru me) as another culprit. Great job to everyone whose efforts and feedback are improving this rom!!! I encourage everyone who is having issues that don't seem to be reported by other users to follow suit and do some troubleshooting on your device. Look through things you have installed, cabs and reg edits... and for gosh sake's tidy up those Sashimi folders... it's easy to have stuff auto-installing that is was relevant previously, but now is just causing problems for you.
- I am slightly changing the default nueDynamicClock settings to eliminate clock speed slow down when the device is idle, while keeping the backlight off and suspend settings the same. I am finding this to have a minimal impact on battery life and it may give us a slight performance improvement.
- I am currently evaluating an RC for version 2.5.
5/07/09
- I found out that we can save on ram and battery life by simply turning off the push internet. What an easy performance increase. It will be disabled by default in the 2.4 version. Turning it back on is just a 2 click process on the internet tab.
5/07/09
- Released version 2.3.
- My main goal right now is to eliminate the brief pop-up at the start of an incoming call. It's pretty minor but I want to get rid of it.
5/06/09
- I'm currently testing a new build with the 21222 sys. I am happy with this sys so far and, while the speed improvements are not as huge as the step from 21501 to 21502, they are definitely there. It also seems to have eliminated the little "messaging" pop-up after a soft reset. While it was nothing more than a minor annoyance, it is nice that it's gone. I have rolled back to Opera 15954 for a couple of reasons... mostly minor glitchiness in the Tachi build... and I am noticing an improvement in Opera performance. The 21222, I have been reading, is from a release branch coming from HTC, and this newest one is supposed to have some built in flash improvements, so I am wondering if this is related to Opera improvements. Regardless, we will take it.
- My initial impression is that battery life will be better on 21222.
- Currently playing with the default WM dialer. Using this dialer, at this point, will get us full use of the WM lock and slider to answer, free up storage space by removing the bulkier HTC dialer and fix the annoying incoming call pop-up box. I'm not sure if it will make the 2.3 release because there is some stuff I want to get right and there is skinning to be done before I am comfortable with it.
- Trying to get the WM dialer the way I want it is driving me quickly insane. Sticking with the HTC dialer.
5/05/09
- Well, it's been a few days since I have updated the blog, and a lot has happened in the mean time. Most of this time I have spent working on the WM 6.5 build for the 2.0-2.2 versions of the rom. As it turned out, the thing I had to spend the most time on, and that was the biggest pain, was figuring out how the 6.5 themes work and integrating a default theme into the kitchen. I spent a good bit of time trying to make the transition from 6.1 to 6.5 as visually seamless as possible. It didn't really all come together until the 2.2 build, but I am pretty happy with where it is at right now and will continue to fine tune.
- The first 6.5 sys we used, for the 2.0 version was 21501, which seemed to be pretty fast, at the time. The real surprise, however, was the upgrade to the 21502 sys, where we saw a really big speed improvement.
- Happy belated Cinco de Mayo. I spent the evening at a great local Mexican restaurant with a few friends drinking margueritas... so not much posting happened.
4/29/09
- I have been working on a 6.5 21501 build and I am starting to really like it. It still has some problems... is not as fast as the 6.1 and takes up a little more main storage space, but offers some nice new functionality. I am torn as to whether to adopt 6.5 for the 2.0 version of the rom. Decided to post a poll to get user's opionions, and so far the results of the poll have been overwhelmingly in favor of going to 6.5.
- Put the finishing touches on version 1.9, which is mostly a minor costmetic update. While playing with the 6.1 build again I am even more torn over 6.5. lol
- Released version 1.9.
4/27/09
- After running 1.8 for a while, I am really happy with it. I am really seeing the effect of the improved battery life, and with the nueClock glitches ironed out, I think we have hit a sweet spot that I hope I can maintain in future versions.
- I really appreciate all the good feedback I have been getting from people who are using the rom. I honestly wasn't sure if I would enjoy maintaining a public rom, but so far I have been having a lot of fun with it. Thanks to everyone who has helped make this a really enjoyable experience for me.
4/24/09
- I am unhappy with the 21043 sys. I had problems... seems like some other people had some problems. I don't see any reason, at this time, to give up the 21028 sys, which is working out great for us.
- New version of nueDynamicClock is out. However, there are problems with no2chem's OEM. Will work on it later today.
- Another new version of nueDynamicClock just released that should fix the problems I was having earlier today.
- Testing Calkulin's updated 21043 sys.
- Pulled nueDynamicClock 1.2 at the last minute due to some significant bugs.
- Released version 1.7.
4/23/09
- I have decided to drop MMS Converter and the HTC calculator in favor of 1-Calc calculator, which also has unit conversion functionality. I used to use this calculator and loved it, but switched over to the HTC calculator when it came out because it looked better. I have decided to go back with the more functional app, and clean up a little space while we are at it.
- Changing the SMS/Email notification bubbles from red to green to better match the other highlights on the taskbar, etc...
- Just cleared 8 GB of old .nbh files off of my hard drive... lol.
- Playing with the 21043 sys from the topaz. Everything else so far from the topaz has been great, so I am hopeful about the sys.
- Bunches of stuffs to sort thru for the next build... it may be a couple days. I want to make sure things stay stable when the next version gets released.
4/22/09
- Topaz comm manager is fully skinned b&w, and fully functional in what is shaping up to be version 1.6... and man is it sweet. The new connection dialogs are finger friendly and awesome.
- Here's a thought to drool over... imagine the quality of the topaz notification enhancements and comm manager vs. the rhodium stuff. Now try to imagine the topaz contact manager on our devices... oh man... I can't wait.
- Anyway... as for nueDynamicClock... battery life improvement does seem to be there, but may be minimal... but hey... we'll take it, right? We may see better results once we are all on 1.6 and testing it out.
- Released version 1.6.
4/21/09
- Still trying to get wallpaper cooked in correctly. There are some conflicts with other manila files. Getting a little frustrated with it... not sure if it is worth the effort, as soon as I get this fixed the topaz manila is probably going to show up.
- Added nueclock. This is designed to lower cpu user when the phone is not being used, and in turn improve battery life. Let's give it a shot.
- FDC TaskManager does not like nueDynamicClock. I'm assuming because when it measures CPU speed (one of its default functions) something is going on that it doesn't understand. So I am not gonna include nueDynamicClock for now... don't want to break any functionality and FDC is a really useful tool.
- Got sick of trying to cook in the wallpaper so decided to take a new approach and go for a new screen rotation app. Initial results with ChangeScreen are awesome!
- Released version 1.5
- FDC TaskManager conflict turns out to be with ChangeScreen and not nueDynamic clock, so the next version will feature nueDynamicClock with preloaded modified defaults and PHM Reg Editor to compliment FDC (which can still be used if ChangeScreen is temporarily disabled).
- Tried 21501... still not happy with 6.5. Wanted to like it, but ultimately was relieved to be back on 6.1. Maybe it's better without manila but I am not interested in dropping manila, not even a little.
4/20/09
- Currently playing with cooking wallpaper into manila files.
- I am interested in adding a geocaching app to the rom, but I was not happy with BasicGPS. Will keep looking.
- Have decided to add a unit converter app. The one I like is MSS Converter. There was a recommendation for it in the software forum. It's not extremely streamlined aesthetically, but it has many, many conversions that it can do.
- Attempting to add the new topaz comm manager. It's very nice, but I can't seem to get the buttons to connect with the new connection dialogs. Will keep working on it.
4/18/09
- I was going to wait for until I checked out the changes in Calkulin's new kitchen and make a larger update, but was up early today and saw that rstg has posted a completed OEM package for the topaz notification enhancements, so decided to throw a new build together. It's the only change in this build, but it is looking very good. You will notice that when you tap on the taskbar now everything is properly sized and there are options to check the battery and signal strength now. I'm looking forward to playing with this today... hope you enjoy.
- Want to mention a thanks to vboyz103 for the ezoption file changer tool that has made it so much easier to make these small frequent updates without making a lot of mistakes.
4/17/09
- Busy day today... working on testing 6.5 21501 and then going to reflash without manila and test out supposedly leaked copy of SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.
- Ran SPB Mobile Shell 3 for about 2 hours, and then was ready to go back to TouchFlo. SPB is nice, and people that are currently running 2 are going to freak out over it, but it wasn't for me. (Please no discussion about Mobile Shell in this thread).
- Problems building with the new 6.5 21501 sys. Will check into it later tonight.
- Thought I would share that the default wallpaper used in Bear-Bonz rom is a photograph I found online of some volcanic ash. I thought it was a great pic and that the colors would look nice on the phone so I ran it through photoshop a bit, and I really like it!
4/16/09
- Noticed graphical glitches with iContact... must remember to investigate further (Rorschach voice).
- I'm currently working on building a kitchen I can call my own. It's going to involve a lot of testing on my part and I can't say when you will see a new product, or that there will be any sweeping visible changes. My goal is to find a good solid base that will stand up in the midst of all the new stuff that is coming out. I will keep you all updated on my progress.
- Initial results from my first test build after major changes to the kitchen are pretty promising.
- Ran into some big road blocks while deconstructing the kitchen... it's gonna be a big job and I have a lot to learn. Have decided to make this a background side project and continue to develop using the kitchen that has turned out the first few builds.
- Graphical glitchiness with iContact is too funky for now. I have dropped it and am in contact with the developer... will continue to monitor its progress.
4/16/09 - 1.2 in the wild
- Version 1.2 of the rom was just posted, and I can say that I'm pretty pleased with the way it's shaping up. You may notice, as we go forward that I am making small releases without too many sweeping changes. My goal, for the rom, is to be stable and reliable, and I want to make releases that introduce as little weirdness as possible. This may not always be the case, especially with the Topaz stuff somewhere out on the horizon, but it will still be my goal as much as possible. I am not interested in adding all the newest apps and customizations 2 days before they come out, but if this is what you are looking for the good news is that there are lots of great chefs that pack their roms with the cutting edge stuff. I hope to maintain a balance as much as possible.
- The games folder on the program launcher is something I hope you will like. It is meant to save you some space, as you don't have to put separate games on each button. Please be aware that if you delete this button you won't be able to get it back without hard resetting. I hope, but can't promise, to be able to add a setttings menu button at some point too.
- Did you know?... That you can back up your program launcher buttons by exporting this registry key: HKLM>Software>HTC>Manila>ProgramLauncher to the Sashimi auto>reg folder, using FDC TaskManager, which is included on the rom? Once you get your buttons the way you like them, just do this and you won't have to manually change them each time you flash.
4/15/09
- I have been, and will continue to evaluate 6.5 systems as they are released. I will not incorporate 6.5 (or a new 6.1 sys, for that matter) until I feel it is an overall better option than the sys that we are currently using.
- I like keeping things updated, but I also want to offer what I feel is the best available option, not just what is the newest. The 6.5 systems seem to be progressing rather nicely, and I will keep an eye on them.
- Same goes for app updates, etc...
4/15/09 - Demystifying the Wizard Behind the Curtain

- I'm a complete noob technicaly, and most of the stuff I have learned about cooking roms, I have learned here at PPCG. When I first started flashing, not long after I got my Diamond, I was totally under the impression that the guys making these custom roms must be some kind of technical, code writing geniuses... and some of them are. The reason for this entry is to let people know that the rom making that I am doing is not difficult, and most anyone could do it. Most of what I am doing is compiling and borrowing stuff that other people have made into a package that I like, and hope that you might like too.
- The only thing that I, personally, am really contributing is the time that it takes to learn how to do this (which I am still in the process of doing) and to evaluate the many different products that are compiled in this rom.
- There are a lot of other wizards behind this particular curtain, but the one I wanted to mention is Calkulin. He has put together the kitchen that I am using to make this rom, and even though I have added some stuff, and will continue to do so, his work is what made this possible. So many thanks to Calkulin for all his hard work. He does accept donations, so if you are so inclined, and not as broke as me, I encourage it.

Last edited by Drybonz; 05-27-2009 at 10:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

looking forward to trying this out bonez
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

Looks promising...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Download link posted. Let me know if you have problems, and what you think.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

thought you weren't gonna make a public rom lol..Given the time you spend in these forums, I expect it will be a good one.

What do you have installed in this?

Last edited by shortbus182; 04-14-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:13 AM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Alright! DB in da hizouse!
Good to see you cooking & sharing.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbus182 View Post
thought you weren't gonna make a public rom lol..Given the time you spend in these forums, I expect it will be a good one.
Yeah... I wasn't... but what the heck, right?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:22 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I think I'm gonna flash this in the morning, give me something to play with during my all-day mgr meeting.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development