PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Lurker

zachman1234 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy best Radio, Rom?

So I am not a NEWbie with FLASHING roms i have probably Flashed a hundred times back and forth and recently had the issue where I had to flash back to the Sprint Shipped Rom because my Diamond was getting stuck on the boot screen but anyways im running Mighty 4.7 =) love it

but the real question is WTH is a radio ?

honestly NO one has giving me a straight up answer or how to do it or anything

confused at military school
Old 03-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: best Radio, Rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachman1234 View Post
So I am not a NEWbie with FLASHING roms i have probably Flashed a hundred times back and forth and recently had the issue where I had to flash back to the Sprint Shipped Rom because my Diamond was getting stuck on the boot screen but anyways im running Mighty 4.7 =) love it

a cellular radio is: don't bother reading this definition. Your internal radio interacts with the towers in your area to transmit voice and data connection.

cellular radio telecom definition
A radio system that positions numerous, low-power transmit/receive antennas throughout a metropolitan area, thereby dividing a large area of coverage, or macrocell, into smaller microcells, or even smaller picocells. Allocated spectrum is divided into a number of bands and further subdivided into a number of voice grade channels.The bands are distributed among the cells and each frequency band can be reused in nonadjacent cells. The basic concept of cellular radio dates to 1947, when numerous, lowpower transmit/receive antennas were scattered throughout a metropolitan area to increase the effective subscriber capacity of specialized mobile radio (SMR) systems. The first prototype cellular radio system was developed by AT&T and Bell Labs in 1977. The first commercial cellular system was activated in Tokyo, Japan by Nippon Telephone and Telegraph (NTT) in 1979.The first commercial system in the United States was activated in Chicago in 1983. The coverage area of each individual cell overlaps those of neighboring cells, with the cell diameter generally a minimum of about one mile and a maximum of about five miles, sensitive to factors such as topography and traffic density. Approximately in the center of each cell is a fixed antenna known as a base station (BS) that establishes and maintains connections with mobile stations (MSs). As a mobile station moves out of the effective range of one cell, the call switches from one base station to another through a process known as handoff, in order to maintain connectivity at acceptable signal strength. The handoff is controlled through a mobile telephone switching office (MTSO), which is the functional equivalent of a central office in the public switched telephone network (PSTN).The MTSOs generally are interconnected and also provide connections to the PSTN. Cellular radio initially was analog in nature, although contemporary systems are largely digital.Analog standards include Advanced Mobile Phone System (AMPS), Narrowband AMPS (N-AMPS),Total Access Communications System (TACS), and Nordic Mobile Telephone (NMT). Digital standards include Digital AMPS (D-AMPS), Global System for Global Communications (GSM), Personal Communications System (PCS), and Personal Digital Cellular (PDC

**Now, the reasons to flash a new one is if you have poor voice/data coverage with the stock one and lots of heat in the hand. Some of the best ones out there are the Telus radio and the new Sprint Radio. Follow these thread to learn about which radio/city are best based on user experience.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56611

Here is the thread with the radios available.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609

Since you already have flashed a custom rom, you will also know how to flash a radio which is the same process. Best of luck.

Last edited by Riley; 03-24-2009 at 04:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zachman1234 is a n00b

Well i stay in between Ocala and Melbourne Fl so most likely going to Try TELUS 1.04.05v

so this Means i can Flash ANY radio to my Sprint Phone ???
Old 03-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Well i stay in between Ocala and Melbourne Fl so most likely going to Try TELUS 1.04.05v

so this Means i can Flash ANY radio to my Sprint Phone ???
yes so long as you have cdma diamond which you have. and you use the ones on this site specifically designed for your phone. If you dont like one, just flash another. Its really preference. Also, when you flash a radio, it's pretty fast to load up but at 99% but it stays put for while. dont be alarmed, it eventually goes to 100%. I only say this because I had a heart attack when this happened to me. lol

Edit one more thing:

Some of the radios thanks to Juggalo are packaged in a way so it will not hard reset your phone. The Telus radio 1.04.05v, Sprint 1.11.00f and the Sprint radio 1.03.15f. So post flash your will be up and running and not lose anything which is great!

the others will hard reset your phone after flashing. Just wanted you to know since you will lose your customizations.

Last edited by Riley; 03-24-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zachman1234 is a n00b

Thank you so muchhh downloading now .. i Have been Wondering about this for a good 4 months lol

and yeah that would freak me out to! good looking out

-Zach
Old 03-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Thank you so muchhh downloading now .. i Have been Wondering about this for a good 4 months lol

and yeah that would freak me out to! good looking out

-Zach
No problem. Also if you have any questions regarding radios, you can visit the radio sticky and people will respond if you need help. I have noticed without a doubt better performance with the telus radio rom. also the phone does not get as hot. Currently using the new sprint radio and it seems to be working very well as well. Good luck
Old 03-24-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

Quote:

Check my post here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...036#post726036

Basically, it's preference and location based... certain radios work better in certain areas.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 03-25-2009, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

I was wondering the same thing regarding radios, gonna do my first one in the morning (woo hoo)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development