PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 10:14 AM
N00b

cwilson09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
radio?

I am not exactly sure how to flash a radio... When i flash a radio do i have to reflash the rom i have after the radio? I want to try the new sprint radio.... so help me out guys.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson09 View Post
I am not exactly sure how to flash a radio... When i flash a radio do i have to reflash the rom i have after the radio? I want to try the new sprint radio.... so help me out guys.
Flashing the radio rom is pretty much the same as flashing a custom rom, but you need to read the instructions to understand what is required to do either one. here is the link for learning how to flash, this steps listed in Tobey's thread apply for both custom rom flashing and radio rom flashing.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Here is a list of radio roms to choose from including the new sprint radio.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609

It's important that your read the steps and become comfortable with the process in advance of flashing. there are risks associated with doing this although rare, but occassionally people mess up their phone because they dont follow the instructions. So read it a few times to become familiar with the steps. Makes sure you do the prep work. installing .net framework on your pc, unlocking your device, establishing active sync with your phone/pc. most important do not unplug your device during flashing. But this is all covered very well by Tobey. Good luck to you. Make sure your phone is a CMDA phone, not a GSM device.

regarding your question, the rom does not need to be reflashed after installing a new radio. the radio stays the same going forward to other custom roms as well. the only way your radio would change is if you flash another radio rom or flash an original shipped rom listed in the thread above, this will change both roms on your device back to factory settings. Also, if you flash the new sprint radio, 1.11.00f, it will not hard reset your device after installation so your current setting and programs will remain.

Last edited by Riley; 02-10-2009 at 10:38 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development