PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Getting diamond today or tomorrow. ROM questions

i will be getting diamond today or tomorrow. i have been away from the boards for a while and dont have time to read every post. just want some recomendations.

i want a rom with great battery life, stable OS, without opera, and TF3d.

1. is there a rom available with this now?
2. do i need to build my own? if so which kitchen would be the better one.

i have cooked before in the apache/mogul days, but have been gone a while. i see there is a ppcgeeks kitchen with an older SYS version. are the newer SYS version stable?

my device is 10% toy and 90% business. i must have better than stock battery and reliable device. i know ppcgeeks does it unlike htc. lol

Thanks for any help, cody

please no flaming. i know how to search and tried. just too much on these boards to make since out of.
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 02-10-2009, 12:59 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Getting diamond today or tomorrow. ROM questions

You answered all of my questions when I had my Mogul!

I started with GrooveRom because I didn't want TF3D. His ROMs are great. Now I use Calcu's Kitchen and build the way I want.

I'm no genius, but I hope that helps a little.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 02-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you've got experience I'd recommend start off by d/ling Calku's latest kitchen. The SYS he includes is very fast and stable, just make sure you cook without VOIP or you'll have some random issues with media like YouTube.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented View Post
If you've got experience I'd recommend start off by d/ling Calku's latest kitchen. The SYS he includes is very fast and stable, just make sure you cook without VOIP or you'll have some random issues with media like YouTube.
+1, the kitchen is the way to go, then you can cook what you want and dont want in the ROM.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Here is the combo I use.
Calcu's kitchen,
Stock rom,
My oem directory, has everything seperated, just build w/out tflo and opera.

Here's the link to my oem directory, = (I know short), and quick instructions on how to use it here. And my rom link if you want to check it out..

Every thing you need for your purposes I'm sure... If you want, pm me and I'll make you one with what you want. My base is basically sprint but tweaked to take care of all their bs.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 02-10-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yep grab one of the kitchen and you have everything you need.

I've been using kitchen to build my own rom since beginning of Mogul until now with my DIamond.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

your battery life wont be too good until you use diamond tweak and advanced config. and i think the biggest setting of all is simply killing the data connection after x amount of time.

why dont you want opera? coming from the mogul myself, opera mobile runs a lot better on the diamond. i mean, there are builds of opera designed specifically for the diamond, and they work awesome in my opinion.

Last edited by ajm144k; 02-10-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

thanks guys, just got the diamond 2 minutes. going to do the spl thing and start cooking.

so glad to be a geek again. been with the blackberry for almost a year. lol.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:30 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Welcome back!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
so glad to be a geek again. been with the blackberry for almost a year. lol.

oo.. looks like all youve been able to do is re-skin your phone with plazmic for the past year...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development