PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Jan 15th New Sprint Radio V1.11.00F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread

I'm on the Sprint network and just reverted from the Sprint 1.11.00F back to the Telus 1.04.05V radio. My reason is that back when I first got my phone, I had weird issues with the battery where sometimes I'd wake up in the morning with my battery completely dead even though I'd charged it the night before. The same thing happened with version 1.11.00F. Also, it seemed as if the battery was getting much hotter than on the Telus radio. The Telus radio has worked out best for me.

Hit me with some THANKS!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted Hero

latepenguin is keeping up the good worklatepenguin is keeping up the good work

Anyone having issues sending txt messages or web browsing with the telus radio?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

Turbopowr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepenguin View Post
I'm running the Telus 1.04.05V radio on my Sprint Diamond and I don't have any problems with text messages or web browsing.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepenguin View Post
No issues with either. I've found the Telus radio much better overall than any of the others- including the new Sprint.
I did read that someone found that the new Sprint had better data speeds, but the improvement was negligible. And the heat and signal deficits outweighed the data improvement.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

i've been using Sprint 1.11 for about 5 days now and haven't gone below 40% on any day. This is with heavy internet usage, my gmail checking every 10 min, RSS Hub refreshing 6 sites every 3 hrs, texting almost non-stop all day long and a few 2-3 min calls here and there. I'm on Mighty 4.4.1 right now, but going to 4.4.2 when i get home.

When i was using the stock sprint rom, i was lucky to get by with 20% battery life by the end of the day and having to cut my internet usage down to conserve. HUGE difference for me, i'm in CT.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted Hero

latepenguin is keeping up the good worklatepenguin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
No issues with either. I've found the Telus radio much better overall than any of the others- including the new Sprint.
I did read that someone found that the new Sprint had better data speeds, but the improvement was negligible. And the heat and signal deficits outweighed the data improvement.
Hmm guess I'll have to give it another try. I also found using it with grooverom3 I would loose 10% battery life each time I made a 5-10min call. I'm starting to think my battery is bad.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercado79 View Post
I'm on the Sprint network and just reverted from the Sprint 1.11.00F back to the Telus 1.04.05V radio. My reason is that back when I first got my phone, I had weird issues with the battery where sometimes I'd wake up in the morning with my battery completely dead even though I'd charged it the night before.
Same thing happened to me using Sprint 1.11.00F. I went back to Telus as well.

It's too bad, because other than the random rapid discharging I was actually getting slightly better battery life from the new sprint radio vs the Telus.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: null
Carrier: null

wildrage is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to wildrage Send a message via AIM to wildrage

As per my previous post, I've been using the Telus radio rom for about a week now, and it's been worse than the sprint stock rom...I know this contradicts what many people are saying about it, but its the god's honest truth with my Diamond. It would literally get so hot in my pocket that i'd be like "What the hell is that"...and realize that it's my phone. I would then verify that BT, WiFi, or a billion processes weren't running...and they weren't. For some reason it would get hot enough for me to notice the heat in my pocket with only the CDMA radio on and no processes running.

I'm going back to the Verizon radio and am crossing my fingers.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
As per my previous post, I've been using the Telus radio rom for about a week now, and it's been worse than the sprint stock rom...I know this contradicts what many people are saying about it, but its the god's honest truth with my Diamond. It would literally get so hot in my pocket that i'd be like "What the hell is that"...and realize that it's my phone. I would then verify that BT, WiFi, or a billion processes weren't running...and they weren't. For some reason it would get hot enough for me to notice the heat in my pocket with only the CDMA radio on and no processes running.

I'm going back to the Verizon radio and am crossing my fingers.
I think everyone is going to have different results depending on your location/coverage, carrier, etc. I personally have better signal with the telus radio and less heat. But it's really subjective so it would definitely makes sense to use the one that works for you.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I think everyone is going to have different results depending on your location/coverage, carrier, etc. I personally have better signal with the telus radio and less heat. But it's really subjective so it would definitely makes sense to use the one that works for you.
I agree with you 100%.

It location!
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development