PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

frubdoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry New UNLOCKABLE Sprint ROM?

Guys, just got a Sprint Diamond. Ran the unlocker, and it never asks me on the phone to go to run the bootloader. I see the tri-color screen with SSPL0.43.CMONEX, but then the update utility exits with an error. The phone never resets, so I reset it, and go in to bootloader and it is the locked bootloader.

Any ideas? i've unlocked other diamonds...
Old 09-28-2008, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: New UNLOCKABLE Sprint ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubdoo View Post
Guys, just got a Sprint Diamond. Ran the unlocker, and it never asks me on the phone to go to run the bootloader. I see the tri-color screen with SSPL0.43.CMONEX, but then the update utility exits with an error. The phone never resets, so I reset it, and go in to bootloader and it is the locked bootloader.

Any ideas? i've unlocked other diamonds...

What was the error

If your in bootloader you should be able to run the Diamond Unlocker
RomUpdateUtility
Old 09-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frubdoo is a n00b

The error is: When the tri-color bootloader starts on the diamond, the activesync/device is lost from my pc. Then I get "ERROR: 260 Connection" saying that my device is not connected.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frubdoo is a n00b

I also get ERROR 266, "Cannot get response from PDA Phone". all the while the phone is frozen on the SSPL0.43.CMONEX tricolor screen. ?!?!?!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

have you tried it on different computers???

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frubdoo is a n00b

CONFIRMED! Sprint Diamond ROM 1.09 does not allow unlocking using current techniques. It boots the phone from it's PC connection. I was not even able to downgrade to sprint's stock ROM.

I tried it on another computer, and I had success with another diamond.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:13 AM
N00b

slidez is a n00b

I had the same issue with my Diamond and just ran the update in bootloader mode and it applied fine. I got my diamond on the 25th if that makes a difference.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubdoo View Post
CONFIRMED! Sprint Diamond ROM 1.09 does not allow unlocking using current techniques. It boots the phone from it's PC connection. I was not even able to downgrade to sprint's stock ROM.

I tried it on another computer, and I had success with another diamond.
read the unlocker thread. there are instructions on there for users who have difficulty unlocking.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: custom

hagen01 is a n00b

I have a Sprint Touch Diamond and tried to unlock it using the "Diamond Unlocker". It fails every time with ERROR 262: UPDATE ERROR. I've run the unlock *both* in the WM 6.1 UI and in bootloader mode (hold down power + Volume down buttons as it boots).

Despite ROM updates failing, the bootloader tells me my phone is "Security Unlocked".

Yet, I can't install any of the ROMs out there! E.g., I want to use Juicy 2.1 Sprint but it fails with that same 262 error in either the WM UI or bootloader.

Can someone tell me how to get another ROM on my Sprint Touch Diamond???
Old 09-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: custom

hagen01 is a n00b

BTW: I should mention I just checked to see if my Diamond is _really_ unlocked and it's not because the SPL-0.57.0000 is showing up in bootloader.

Looks like the Diamond never gets unlocked because of the 262 error I mentioned earlier... so the question goes back to: how do I unlock my Sprint Touch Diamond? I've tried everything folks have said on this forum. Running it in bootloader doesn't work for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development