PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.5 - 23017B (08-Aug-2009)/23025A (11-Aug-2009)

Hey all -

If you are looking for build 23025A, please see Post #3.

Here's 23017B. On my initial boot, I have over 29.5 meg free after running Oxios.

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS BUILD:
A new splash screen (thanks to eigerzoom)
Replaced psShutXP with PowerOptions - this has a functioning shutdown feature, and a few other neat tricks
Replaced Oxios Hibernate with the complete Oxios Suite - this also include Oxios Close-Apps, which will free up even more memory (but will close all of your open apps)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
Click here for 23017B (with white taskbar icons)
Click here for 23017B (with a colored taskbar theme)

Here's a list of some of the things I have included:
Memory and battery meter
Updated video drivers
Stock start menu
HTC Task Manager
Advanced Configuration 3.3
Total Commander
nueLED
Oxios Suite (Hibernate and Close-Apps)
PowerOptions
PocketRAR (automatically set as default for .zip and .rar)
AutoRun (UC)
Bluetooth Explorer
Fixed Comm Manager (both in button assignments, and Systems menu)
New splash screens
Built carrier free (see note below)
And a few personal tweaks - skinny scroll bars, ClearType enabled, larger fonts, the old IE set as default, ReplyAll fix and a few other things.

PLEASE NOTE:
This ROM was built carrier free. You MUST install a carrier cab for this to work. Find your carrier cab from here:
Carrier cabs

TO ENABLE MMS:
Here are a few cabs I have found on here and XDA that should help you enable MMS (multimedia messaging - pictures/video messaging). If any of these do not work, or if you have a better cab or a cab for another carrier, please post your information and I will update the catalog. I cannot vouch whether or not these work and am relying on you to verify. Please make sure you only install the cab designated for your carrier.
MMS cabs

I have also put together a few of my favorite programs that I install afterward to share. Please look through and enjoy!
Ivan's Collection of Handy Programs

Many many thanks to bbsandkm, mattsm, TPlane37, Joojoobee666, the PPCK team, the authors of all of the cabs linked from this post (I take no claim or responsibility for them) and everyone else who helped me along the way.

Click here to chat with us on our IRC Channel if you need immediate assistance.

Last edited by btonetbone; 08-11-2009 at 08:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:51 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: WM 6.5 - 23001 (30-June-2009)

Was this cooked or grilled?
Nice

Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Until I feel these latest builds have become fleshed out enough to become stable, I will keep them here in the third post. Please keep in mind that anything from this post is not entirely functional and meant as a preview only. I recommend having a stable ROM handy to revert back to after you are done testing.

The current build is 23025A. I have 4 different versions available for you. For the most part, the builds include the exact same programs and tweaks as the builds in Post #1. Here are the links and differences:

23025A - white taskbar icons & no HTC Task Manager
23025A - colorful taskbar icons & no HTC Task Manager
23025A - white taskbar icons & yes HTC Task Manager
23025A - colorful taskbar icons & yes HTC Task Manager

Please keep in mind that having the HTC Task Manager in these new builds is a double-edged sword. It works partially, but causes some distortion in the top taskbar; that is why you have the option to use it or not.

Last edited by btonetbone; 08-11-2009 at 08:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

klindoug is a n00b

I love you, thanks!!! I was looking for a great Alltel build that was light and fast!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750Z v5.06
Carrier: Verizon

SrgWallopy is just getting started

FINNALY an alltel build... so.. i need help. i don't know how to do this xD so... what do i do with this .nbh file? please? anyone.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrgWallopy View Post
FINNALY an alltel build... so.. i need help. i don't know how to do this xD so... what do i do with this .nbh file? please? anyone.
Make sure your phone is unlocked prior to uploading any custom roms!!!

Go to this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72489

and download the Empty RUU folder. Rename the .nbh to ruu_signed.nbh, and put it in the folder you downloaded in the other thread. Run the RomUpdateUtility.exe. Follow the computer screen, and the phone screen prompts. Enjoy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

thecheet is keeping up the good workthecheet is keeping up the good work

Or, after you unlock phone, you can use a SD Card. Just make sure it's less than 2GB and formatted to FAT32. Just move the NBH file over to the SD Card, rename to TITAIMG.nbg. Place card inside of phone, enter bootloader, and it'll do the rest.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Altell

cabandan is a n00b

After flashing this I can't connect to Data....i've never had this problem before and have done this process often. Even installed the alltel carrier .cab and nothing. Any ideas?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabandan View Post
After flashing this I can't connect to Data....i've never had this problem before and have done this process often. Even installed the alltel carrier .cab and nothing. Any ideas?
Hmmm...what do you have listed under
Start -> Settings -> Connections -> Connections

If Alltel isn't listed at the very top, delete all of the connections at the top and reinstall the Allte carrier cab.

Secondly, also check in
Start -> Settings -> Connections -> WiFi -> Network Adapters

Make sure that "My network card connection to:" is set to The Internet.
Also, try setting any connection in there to a Server Assigned IP address.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Altell

cabandan is a n00b

Well i went into an appointment and came back out to data working fine. Weird. Working on GPS now ha.

Thanks for the reply

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development