PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 05:18 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3.5mm headphone/audio out + USB at same time: WORKS

Wake this forum up & start some new threads here!
While your waiting for ACL to finish his code up & get it uploaded

You can use AkumaX trick outlined here (using the old Mogul connector)

Or, you can do what I just discovered when my kid wanted to plug into my TP2 Droid side while I was listening via TP2 USB headphones (which is another solution by the way...)

lol... simply plug in a 3.5 mm headphones/audio out to FM transmitter/3.5mm-cassett tape/double end 3.5mm to you car or home stereo input (if so equipped)

Both USB & 3.5mm headsets plugged in at the same time. If this is already post somewhere, I'll take it down.. but lol, the 3.5 mm jack works great if you already have your USB headset plugged in! :>))

So, for someone that wants to take it to the next step... If you have 2 USB headsets & both work with a 3.5 mm headset, try to cut off one of the USB headsets right at the plugin & see if it still works.. :>)) That way you only have a little stub of the usb headphone connector you can just leave in there & your 3.5mm audio out MAY work fine (if not you just waste a usb headset :>)).

A couple more options anyway!!

Last edited by teradog; 07-08-2011 at 11:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: 3.5mm headphone/audio out jack Workaround WORKS

Huh, I guess I never tried this. Didn't even think about trying it.. I'll check it out, thanks dude.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:53 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Re: 3.5mm headphone/audio out jack Workaround WORKS

lol.. I never would have, credit the 7 year old kid! :>))
Also, obviously... you never know if / what builds, updates, rootfs, kernals, etc.. it'll work on.

If this works for you, please post what build, kernal, etc.. your on. (also if on frx or ginger bread)

This may be a clue to getting it working for the devs as well...! Perhaps faking a usb port headset connection somehow?? :>))
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 3.5mm headphone/audio out + USB at same time: WORKS

I did WHAT now? lol.. although, I can't wait to try this tomorrow
Old 07-08-2011, 04:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

ohh man ... saved me some work figuring out the sound routing. So on 3.5mm detect, just enable the h2w headset and we are ready to boogie ..
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
ohh man ... saved me some work figuring out the sound routing. So on 3.5mm detect, just enable the h2w headset and we are ready to boogie ..
Happy to help, things seem to really be coming together!!

I'm un-retiring for a while, so let me know if you need any testing...

Please don't leave us in the dark & post it up somewhere on XDA when you get it... lemme have a shot at a working solution... or at least post up a linky here.. :>))

Last edited by teradog; 07-08-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Nice find Teradog, kudos to your son! I'm gonna have to give this a shot in a bit.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
So, for someone that wants to take it to the next step... If you have 2 USB headsets & both work with a 3.5 mm headset, try to cut off one of the USB headsets right at the plugin & see if it still works.. :>)) That way you only have a little stub of the usb headphone connector you can just leave in there & your 3.5mm audio out will work fine.

A couple more options anyway!!
I'm wondering if the usb headphone connector has any bridged wires? It seems like it must have something to detect the different pin configs (charger vs. usb headphone), also it would be nice to scale down the plug to just a small chunk of the connector (like a usb dongle).

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:52 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

agreed... probably... reminds me of getting the video out working on a TP a few years back... :>)) should be easy enough, just use a pin taped onto end of leads of a VOM (volt ohm meter) & run a resistance test.. no time for me to do...

ACL sounds like he's close enough anyway, may have something out here soon, I'd rather not even have anything plugged in, but it's any easy enough work around..

...oh yea, and.. you now have rep

Last edited by teradog; 07-08-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I need to find my dongle, but does the 3.5mm jack continue to work if you pull the dongle out...?

By dongle, I mean the extUSB plug doohickey.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2