PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vogue Facelift - Inexpensive, Beautiful!

Before:

Besides the peeling layers of skin, the screen was scratched quite badly and had become inaccurate to the point of making allignment attempts futile.

After:

Now she has a perfectly accurate and pristeen screen, smooth velvety soft front housing bezel, different logo, and custom 'chromey' buttons! Just $8.99 will get the parts that make most of this possible, from here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Info re buttons, here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...05#post1739805

Still digging my Vogue, into latter half of 3rd year!

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 05-22-2010 at 05:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:27 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes
Before:

Besides the peeling layers of skin, the screen was scratched quite badly and had become inaccurate to the point of making allignment attempts futile.

After:

Now she has a perfectly accurate and pristeen screen, smooth velvety soft front housing bezel, different logo, and custom 'chromey' buttons! Just $8.99 will get the parts that make most of this possible, from here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Info re buttons, here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...05#post1739805

Still digging my Vogue, into latter half of 3rd year!
Looks great Mr.G!
Nice Work!!
I like the chrome buttons!
I still kinda miss my vogue.
Now...did you put a new rom on it too?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Re: Vogue Facelift - Inexpensive, Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
...new rom...
Nope, but that thought too is always lurking in the back of my so-called mind. The only ROM type things I've done were to flash from the original Wm6.0 to one of the 1st leaks of 6.1, and then to the official version, followed by using the haret.exe on SD card version of Android Cupcake 1.5, which led to Donut 1.6, and that was enough of that for me. WinMo 6.5 is tempting, but an awful lot of my software has known issues with it, including the applications I use most, like AE Button Plus, PaintWM, XnView Pocket, and Pocket Player:

I'd've never attempted a facia fix, if it weren't for this forum having so many helpful posts. Huge heartfelt thanks to: TMZ
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:27 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

Wow don't know what to say thanks so much... and I haven't forgotten all the help you gave me. Thanks Tony
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:33 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

Oh and nice work ! looks great. keep it alive !
Old 05-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
...new rom...
Nope, but that thought too is always lurking in the back of my so-called mind. The only ROM type things I've done were to flash from the original Wm6.0 to one of the 1st leaks of 6.1, and then to the official version, followed by using the haret.exe on SD card version of Android Cupcake 1.5, which led to Donut 1.6, and that was enough of that for me. WinMo 6.5 is tempting, but an awful lot of my software has known issues with it, including the applications I use most, like AE Button Plus, PaintWM, XnView Pocket, and Pocket Player:

I'd've never attempted a facia fix, if it weren't for this forum having so many helpful posts. Huge heartfelt thanks to: TMZ
Hey, you definitely don't have to put 6.5 on your Vogue. I have 6.1 on my Diamond. I think it is lighter than 6.5 so it uses less resources and you have lots of options for skinning. Unless you really like Titanium or Sense.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey - thanks for posting this!

It reminds me that I have another Vogue sitting in the drawer (my wife's old phone - she moved on to Imagio) - the screen started going out in bottom right corner. I'll get this, fix it up and I guess sell it then, works great otherwise...

Those things are hard to kill! Mine has been going strong for 2 1/2 years now...
Old 05-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

WOW, I wondered if anyone ever took the time anymore to fix their phones like this...obviously so! I love the phone renovatoins

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 06-02-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

MuhahahahaHAAAaaaa!!!

I have created a monster:

Yes, black new front but white Verizon rear! I wanted something different.

I realized now that I need a new screen protector hmmm...
Old 06-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy292000 View Post
...black new front but white Verizon rear...
Different indeed, I luv it!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue