PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mikeinstlouis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SSM texts disappear when resetting phone

Hey all

My problem is kind of strange. For the past 4 days, whenever I turn my phone off, reset it or let it do it's sprite backup, I lose all of my new text messages. It goes back to the same messages that I had 4 days ago.

I noted that my cemail.vol file is 10.4 MB. That is huge.
I tried to delete 95% of the text messages manually, and even went to the deleted items tab and deleted them again. I even used my CK tools to clean up my phone.

Whenever I reset my phone, every message that I spent hours trying to delete comes back, deleting all of the newest messages and restoring it back to the way it was 4 days ago. Same thing with my Sprite back up.

I have some messages that I would like to keep for sentimental reasons, and I have tried to delete almost every other message, but like I said, I turn off my phone and turn it back on, it goes back to the way it was 4 days ago.

Any thoughts on how I can delete these old sms messages and still keep the ones I want?

Thanks!

Mike in St. Louis
Old 06-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinstlouis
Hey all

My problem is kind of strange. For the past 4 days, whenever I turn my phone off, reset it or let it do it's sprite backup, I lose all of my new text messages. It goes back to the same messages that I had 4 days ago.

I noted that my cemail.vol file is 10.4 MB. That is huge.
I tried to delete 95% of the text messages manually, and even went to the deleted items tab and deleted them again. I even used my CK tools to clean up my phone.

Whenever I reset my phone, every message that I spent hours trying to delete comes back, deleting all of the newest messages and restoring it back to the way it was 4 days ago. Same thing with my Sprite back up.

I have some messages that I would like to keep for sentimental reasons, and I have tried to delete almost every other message, but like I said, I turn off my phone and turn it back on, it goes back to the way it was 4 days ago.

Any thoughts on how I can delete these old sms messages and still keep the ones I want?

Thanks!

Mike in St. Louis
I say, extract or backup those messages that you want to keep to your storage card or to a pc or laptop for safe keeping. Then delete all the messages on your device completely and clear the entire volume. Then run your backup software. Then start fresh again or if you want to put those texts back on your device do so. Then run the backup software again. Maybe that will fix it.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

mikeinstlouis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: SSM texts disappear when resetting phone

How do I go about backing up those specific texts?
Old 06-20-2010, 02:34 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinstlouis
How do I go about backing up those specific texts?
You may need to move the entire volume of texts to your pc and view them using an app that can display them in order to remove the ones you don't want to keep.
You could also use SKTools to backup your Messaging files to storage. I don't know if you can view texts individually with SKTools though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
sms cemail.vol