PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch vogue
Carrier: Hutch

pook13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone always off: Wireless radio off

I did downgrade my radio from 3.42.50 to version 1.x using SPL 0.41
like someone's thread on xda to get standalone GPS.
Now I have an issue, seems like as u said, some portions of radio aren't overwritten.here some symptoms I got :
1. when booting, WM6 said "Phone Off". in comm manager its status is Flight mode. when I turned on the phone, a pop up shown "Phone is off, do you want to turn it on?" I press yes, but the radio shown no signal. when I tried to make call, phone was turned off again. Can't make any calls at all.
I try with some of official and customize rom.Result is the same.

2. when I enter EPST ##778 and make some changes and then press OK, it said "Turn on LPM failed. Press OK to reset device".
Software and Firmware version can't change
It still 3.09.666.1 and radio rom is 3.42.50.
CDMA setting/EPSt show the item "EVRC enabled" is out of range.
EVRC Enabled: Disabled
Home page: Wild
Home Orig: EVRC
Roam Orig: .......
Can't change anything...It will stop with Written Item "..." error

3. when I use QPST to make PRL changes then press Write to phone, the gauge bar showed 100% but then the device automatically reset (soft). The QPST then showed message something like "Writing process not finished".Same problem shown when I tried to back to 3.42.50 with SPL 2.31.

So, any ideas to help this noob?
Thanks a lot

I am quote this word form
edimonoarfa
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26082
Dangers of downgrading after installing GPS radio (and a little on signing)

Please help me...
I try to solve this problem for a week.
I read in this forums and xda.., I couldn't find the solution.

Right now,
Everything work well,
EPST is work well after I follow instruction from "horndoctor"
Except it can't turn on the phone
Phone sign shows in No Service.

Phone still off, and can't get it on

Last edited by pook13; 04-05-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Woah! Time out! lol
First, what is your intention? What do you want to do?

When you soft reset what do the little red numbers say on the bottom of the screen?
When you put it in bootloader,(push and hold power, camera, and push stylus in the reset hole) what does it say on the screen?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pook13 is a n00b
Re: Phone always off: Wireless radio off

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Woah! Time out! lol
First, what is your intention? What do you want to do?

When you soft reset what do the little red numbers say on the bottom of the screen?
When you put it in bootloader,(push and hold power, camera, and push stylus in the reset hole) what does it say on the screen?
I need to fix my phone and bring it back to normal.

I try to fix it by load shipped ROM from sprint
and everything go back to the original except EPST.
My phone relock again.

This is the little red number.
P ACAAAAM-4070
R 2.13.00
D 1.12
Anyway, It doesn't match with EPST.

Bootloader is
SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3
Old 04-02-2010, 04:30 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

did you flash via activesync using the exe? that should get you back to normal..
typically a rom flash will not change anything in epst, radio info being an exception.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pook13 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
did you flash via activesync using the exe? that should get you back to normal..
typically a rom flash will not change anything in epst, radio info being an exception.
I already did it.
There is nothing change.

I think something in EPST/ CDMA setting has broken.
I can't edit this page. It always error.
What should I do next?
Old 04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

You said you tried flashing the sprint rom? Your info says hutch. Did you change to sprint?
Old 04-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

First, you need to know who your carrier is. You need to flash a shipped rom that contains a non-gps radio first because your spl and current info you posted indicates your device thinks it has the older spl and a non-gps radio. Are you ultimately trying to return to the shipped rom or do you eventually want to use a custom rom?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is what happens when people try to revert to a Non-GPS radio. To correct the problem like horndoctor said you will need to find the non-gps shipped ROM for your carrier and flash it. and that would be the original carrier of the device.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pook13 is a n00b

I live in Thailand,so my carier is hutch.
Thank yoo for your attention.

I bought this one form E-bay with logo sprint. I try to flash with this rom
"RUU_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_1.12.651.1_2.13.00_SPC_NV133 _Ship"
This one is the oldest rom that can be downloaded from internet.
Like I said there is nothing changes. My phone still brick.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

OK, I think this is the rom you need:

http://rapidshare.com/files/10189272..._Ship.exe.html

Even though your vogue is sprint branded, I think you should flash this one for Hutch because I doubt a sprint radio would work where you are. I hope you can flash it. Remember to let customizations run after you flash it so your carrier provisioning will be set right. Hard reset after you flash and let customizations run again. Good Luck!

Last edited by horndoctor; 04-03-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue