PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2006, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

fantastic_mr_q is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to fantastic_mr_q Send a message via Yahoo to fantastic_mr_q
Palm Threaded Messaging for the TYTN (Working MMS)

This is going to be a new section for the Palm Threaded App for all you TyTN users.

FILE HAD TO BE REMOVED FOR LEGAL REASONS. PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST THE FILE ON THIS BOARD!!!

***If you are looking for the file, try PMing someone who HAS STATED THEY WILL GIVE IT TO PEOPLE. ****

Install app.

You need do nothing it will work just fine.

This is the Beta 4 and works amazingly on my MDA Vario II

I also highly reccommend VJSlippyPalm

Download it here.

(Courtesy of VIJAY himself (A genius in the making))

Asign VJSlippyPalm to your messaging key and it will rotate between your new messaging app and the old Outlook for your emails.

Lastly if you want to use the new Palm Messenger for MMS just change the settings to manual in the options and it will work fine for us TyTN users (Sorry all you Treo People)
Test it out and if your happy use a registry editor much like Rescos Registry editor and go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc and simply rename the MMS1 folder to MMS1.old, this will stop your MMS going to Outlook.

Have Fun All

The Q
Old 11-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Lurker

Rolex is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Rolex
MMS Problem

thx for your quick answer,
well, i did my back up before starting to experiment.
anyway it works well except for the mms sending/recieving problem. it starts mms server connection(w/ port n? like u told),but doesn't receive the message. only if i don't change MMS1 on reg. then it will go for native MMS folder.
So if i understood, i should install the cab and only change the(MMS1).

thx for your help.cheers.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fantastic_mr_q is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to fantastic_mr_q Send a message via Yahoo to fantastic_mr_q
Yup, exactly that. Install the Beta 4, dont move any files whatsoever. Soft Reset, then use a registry editor (ie Resco Registry) and rename the mms1 folder to mms1.old save and soft reset again.
Change all the settings as needed, soft reset then send a picture message to urself n all should be fine
Old 11-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Lurker

Rolex is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Rolex
MMS Problem

hi Q,
i've rebuild my reg. and i'm back to standard system. instaled and renamed MMS to MMS1.my gateway settings are:213.30.27.63:8799
http://mms/servlets/mms. i've tried default and the connection i've called vodafone mms, which is used by mms outlook. Connection starts, on the right corner the sending icon status is 10%, and stays like that. i'm not receiving/sending any mms.
any thiughts?
thx in advance.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
For Cingular customers out there, go back into the manual setup menu and enter these settings:

email cntr # 121

mms gtwy: 66.209.11.32:80

mms url: http://mmsc.cingular.com

They worked for me, the first number was changed automatically for me, so I didn't post it. Enjoy, the program works FLAWLESSLY!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fantastic_mr_q is a n00b
Re: MMS Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex
hi Q,
i've rebuild my reg. and i'm back to standard system. instaled and renamed MMS to MMS1.my gateway settings are:213.30.27.63:8799
http://mms/servlets/mms. i've tried default and the connection i've called vodafone mms, which is used by mms outlook. Connection starts, on the right corner the sending icon status is 10%, and stays like that. i'm not receiving/sending any mms.
any thiughts?
thx in advance.
Try using the standard Vodafone GPRS connection of the drop down box as I believe only the IP address differs and that should work? let us know if it dont mate.
Best of luck
Old 11-20-2006, 05:42 PM
N00b

digitalfx is a n00b
Quote:
The app is working perfectly on my TyTn, except one issue:

The today plug-in does not report new messages, it is stuck on 6 unread messages.

I have tried deleting all the files inside Windows/messenger. I have tried the Fixunreadcount app.

help!!!

Come on over to the Tytn Forum n Ill give ya a hand if I can? I had the same problem and the only way i got of fixxing it was this.
Uninstall it
soft reset.
Look in your registry to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Inbox/SVC and make sure you only have 1 SMS folder and 1 MMS1 folder if you have any duplicates delete the one with least files in it and make sure what is left is called SMS and MMS1.
Soft Reset
Make sure you have no messages in your normal outlook inbox that havent been read and I always suggest delete and empty the deleted items folder so you have none stored there whatsoever. Turn the phone off so your in flight mode so you dont suddenly get a text or it will all go wrong again.
Soft Reset
Reinstall the Palm Software
Soft Reset
You should now be fine. If not (Which happened to me in one case) the only other way is a hard reset which sucks.

Any more help you'll find me here

http://ppcgeeks.com/htc-hermes-f29.html
Thanks for the info.
1. How do I uninstall the app...it is not listed in uninstall?
2. looking in registry I only see SMS and MMS1....no duplicates there.

any other ideas...it is obviously thinking the messages are in a different location and it says there are 6 unread. when new messages arrive, they are not counted.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Retired Staff

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
It sounds like you left a few smgs unread before you installed the threading app, which causes conflicts. The new app is overwriting outlook settings, so if you leave messages hanging this can be an issue. Do what the Q says: hard reset to clear everything, install the threading app, then soft reset before you download messages. Since there are no files to copy over I know that is not the problem. Try it and report back, I hate to tell people to hard reset but it looks like you have some conflicts in there.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:59 PM
N00b

digitalfx is a n00b
Thanks, but I dont want to hard reset now...got everything working perfectly except this detail.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfx
Quote:
The app is working perfectly on my TyTn, except one issue:

The today plug-in does not report new messages, it is stuck on 6 unread messages.

I have tried deleting all the files inside Windows/messenger. I have tried the Fixunreadcount app.

help!!!

Come on over to the Tytn Forum n Ill give ya a hand if I can? I had the same problem and the only way i got of fixxing it was this.
Uninstall it
soft reset.
Look in your registry to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Inbox/SVC and make sure you only have 1 SMS folder and 1 MMS1 folder if you have any duplicates delete the one with least files in it and make sure what is left is called SMS and MMS1.
Soft Reset
Make sure you have no messages in your normal outlook inbox that havent been read and I always suggest delete and empty the deleted items folder so you have none stored there whatsoever. Turn the phone off so your in flight mode so you dont suddenly get a text or it will all go wrong again.
Soft Reset
Reinstall the Palm Software
Soft Reset
You should now be fine. If not (Which happened to me in one case) the only other way is a hard reset which sucks.

Any more help you'll find me here

http://ppcgeeks.com/htc-hermes-f29.html
Thanks for the info.
1. How do I uninstall the app...it is not listed in uninstall?
2. looking in registry I only see SMS and MMS1....no duplicates there.

any other ideas...it is obviously thinking the messages are in a different location and it says there are 6 unread. when new messages arrive, they are not counted.
1. Start=settings=system=remove programs= PALM MESSAGING.

It should be there, I see it on mine. Good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes