PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [[Speed Improvements]] Brainstorming & Testing Thread!!

thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Updated topic 4. Should be much easier now to figure out the memory management stuff. Feel free to re-read that topic.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: 1&1

Tippfehler is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Point Script Manager to run /data/99SuperCharger.sh to run as root & on boot. This will ensure the tweaks are reapplied after a reboot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by original thread
... Do NOT run the V6 SuperCharger install script at boot!
and something like
run it with Terminal Emulator or ADB , Script Manager is not needed ...
I´m a little bit confused. Can you please explain it?
(With this script the phone seems to be snappier indeed.)
Old 08-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippfehler View Post
and something like
run it with Terminal Emulator or ADB , Script Manager is not needed ...
I´m a little bit confused. Can you please explain it?
(With this script the phone seems to be snappier indeed.)
You're not running the SuperCharger script at boot, you're running a script that it specifically sets up to be run at boot. Read the original SuperCharger thread if you want more info. It creates a script, /data/99SuperCharger.sh that basically reapplies all of the settings you chose in the original SuperCharger script. This is not simply re-running the original script... As you can see the path is significantly different from wherever the original script is (usually /sdcard...)
Old 08-22-2011, 04:06 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

lol... hey arrrghhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
if its sprint and works fine no issues I will take it for $50

I am stocking up on TP2's especially since droid is running so nicely on it now.
Who wudda ever thunk it eh? Some things are just too funny
Happy it's working after all that!

Last edited by teradog; 08-22-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

well its the best I can do. Sprint illegally changed the terms of my contract to prevent me from ESN swapping hardware they deem requiring a more expensive plan.

SO I make the most of the best hardware I can get access too. I will never pay more than I do now. I will cancel before paying more.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

I shuffled things up and added another topic - but it's Topic #3 because of the sufflings.

I'd really be curious to see if it does have a positive effect on the mini-resets people are experiencing in FRX07 that they did not experience in FRX06. Obviously they can still happen, but tweaking this setting seems to at least partially prevent it...

So let me know how it goes guys, enjoy!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

I did start using the ADW launcher - and its pretty snappy now !! Half of the sluggishness has disappeared.. Thanx arrrghhh !!

I will try the others...
Old 11-05-2011, 06:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

auburnham is a n00b

Very, very helpful post, and entertaining exchange! I had been taking the wrong approach with task killers, so thanks for taking the time to put this together. These are the measures I've taken so far:
Topic 1: Switched to ADW Launcher, and speed problems related to home screen (i.e. switching from portrait to landscape & back) seem to be resolved.
Topic 2: Skipped, have extended battery so only looking for performance improvements.
Topic 3: SD readahead was somehow initially set to 256kb for my FRX07.1, so I increased it to 2048kb. 'Mini-resets' seemed to occur at same rate, typically during new app install or app update, so I decreased it to 1024kb.
Topic 4: Have played with overclocking in the past, but disabled it due to battery drain with standard battery. Turned it back on using recommended freq now that I have the extended battery.
Topic 5: I think this was the best recommendation and helped the most. I used the V6 SuperCharger Update 8 script with the recommended options (#2, #11, #17). Now I seem to consistently have 40-50Mb of free RAM, while before I only had 20-25Mb. Is there a way to make the internal taskkiller even more aggressive?
Topic 6: The "failure to boot" comment made me hesitant to experiment with this. I really like the idea, but I will need more time for proper backups before I can try this.

Thanks again for your work putting this together. I'll try to report back after a few days of use.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnham View Post
Topic 5: I think this was the best recommendation and helped the most. I used the V6 SuperCharger Update 8 script with the recommended options (#2, #11, #17). Now I seem to consistently have 40-50Mb of free RAM, while before I only had 20-25Mb. Is there a way to make the internal taskkiller even more aggressive?
Topic 6: The "failure to boot" comment made me hesitant to experiment with this. I really like the idea, but I will need more time for proper backups before I can try this.
Glad you like it! For #5, I also noticed it was extremely helpful. For more aggressive settings, look at his beta versions. Grab the newest - and set it really aggressively! I have mine on the middle 512mb setting, and it seems to work very well.

As for topic 6, it's only for apps that start on boot that you really don't want to start on boot. It's honestly not useful for anything other than that, but for me anything to speed up the boot process is welcomed!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2