View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:07 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [[Speed Improvements]] Brainstorming & Testing Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnham View Post
Topic 5: I think this was the best recommendation and helped the most. I used the V6 SuperCharger Update 8 script with the recommended options (#2, #11, #17). Now I seem to consistently have 40-50Mb of free RAM, while before I only had 20-25Mb. Is there a way to make the internal taskkiller even more aggressive?
Topic 6: The "failure to boot" comment made me hesitant to experiment with this. I really like the idea, but I will need more time for proper backups before I can try this.
Glad you like it! For #5, I also noticed it was extremely helpful. For more aggressive settings, look at his beta versions. Grab the newest - and set it really aggressively! I have mine on the middle 512mb setting, and it seems to work very well.

As for topic 6, it's only for apps that start on boot that you really don't want to start on boot. It's honestly not useful for anything other than that, but for me anything to speed up the boot process is welcomed!