PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mic detection on 3.5mm (rhodw only)

Need people to run some tests for the mic detection and buttons.

You will need 2 headsets (one of them the classic h2w the other will be 3.5mm) with mics and buttons. Test is simple, fire up some music and plug in the h2w headset. Both audio and mic should be routed properly. THen plug in the 3.5mm (at the same time) and see if the buttons work. If they do great, then test out the mic. Let me know the results fellas.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Mic detection on 3.5mm (rhodw only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Need people to run some tests for the mic detection and buttons.

You will need 2 headsets (one of them the classic h2w the other will be 3.5mm) with mics and buttons. Test is simple, fire up some music and plug in the h2w headset. Both audio and mic should be routed properly. THen plug in the 3.5mm (at the same time) and see if the buttons work. If they do great, then test out the mic. Let me know the results fellas.
Nice, glad to see you looking into this mate.

Does it have to be on any particular kernel? I'd imagine the newest (20110809) would be necessary as that has the h2w fix in it...

Just want to make it as easy as possible . I don't have one of these fandangled headsets with buttons or mics, so I can't really test .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Nice, glad to see you looking into this mate.

Does it have to be on any particular kernel? I'd imagine the newest (20110809) would be necessary as that has the h2w fix in it...

Just want to make it as easy as possible . I don't have one of these fandangled headsets with buttons or mics, so I can't really test .
yup, i only support linux-msm kernels so that's a requirement.

Hmm, lets hope someone has 2 diff pairs so we can see.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what does linux-msm kernels mean? its the frxx07 meet that requirement?

I really want the mic line working so I can use the square up gadget.

what does h2w mean?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
what does linux-msm kernels mean? its the frxx07 meet that requirement?

I really want the mic line working so I can use the square up gadget.

what does h2w mean?
h2w is the extUSB dongle headset. ACL wants people to test the advanced functionality - do you have one of these headsets with an in-line mic with volume controls or any other advanced features...?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ahh yeah I don't have that. neither of my TP2's (bought used) came with it.

I will see if I can find any 3.5mm units with control buttons on them.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

td4guy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Running FRX07 full bundle 20110715 on a RHOD400. Using the h2w headset that came with my old HTC Titan/Mogul, because the TP2 didn't come with one.
Quote:
fire up some music and plug in the h2w headset. Both audio and mic should be routed properly.
Simply plugging in the h2w headset does nothing.
Quote:
THen plug in the 3.5mm (at the same time) and see if the buttons work. If they do great, then test out the mic. Let me know the results fellas.
When I plugged the 3.5mm in, both headsets magically came to life. The button doesn't do anything. If I removed the 3.5mm, the music kept playing through the h2w.

At that point, I unplugged both headsets and rebooted the phone.

Then I plugged both back in. I called the phone from my landline and tried to answer the call by pressing the headset's button. Nothing. Mic worked fine on the headset, but only as long as the 3.5mm stayed plugged in. When I unplugged the 3.5mm, the headset's mic stopped working. Audio worked though. The button never did anything.

Here's an odd thing. When both the 3.5mm and h2w are plugged in, music won't pause for more than 5 seconds. If I unplug the h2w, the music stays paused indefinitely, and instantly unpauses when I plug it back in.

When I ended my call, the music came back on after 5 seconds. I hadn't even had the music app open since rebooting. I pressed the Home button and then long-pressed it, and Music didn't even show up on my recent apps list.

[ACL], I'd be more than happy to let you borrow my h2w headset (and maybe one of my spare RHOD400s). I never use 'em. Hit me up at my username at gmail.com.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I so appreciate you working on this (all of you)

I don't have a h2w but I do have another gizmo. I have a "Square up" its a credit card swiper that goes into the3.5mm jack. I "THINK" it uses the "mic" input to send the swiped data from the swiper to the app on the phone.

it DOES detect the gizmo when I plug it in (so that works) but it does not "get" any data when I "swipe" the card.

I know it detects because it tells me to plug it in and that stops when I do so.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4guy View Post
Running FRX07 full bundle 20110715 on a RHOD400. Using the h2w headset that came with my old HTC Titan/Mogul, because the TP2 didn't come with one.
Simply plugging in the h2w headset does nothing.When I plugged the 3.5mm in, both headsets magically came to life. The button doesn't do anything. If I removed the 3.5mm, the music kept playing through the h2w.

Then I plugged both back in. I called the phone from my landline and tried to answer the call by pressing the headset's button. Nothing. Mic worked fine on the headset, but only as long as the 3.5mm stayed plugged in. When I unplugged the 3.5mm, the headset's mic stopped working. Audio worked though. The button never did anything.

Here's an odd thing. When both the 3.5mm and h2w are plugged in, music won't pause for more than 5 seconds. If I unplug the h2w, the music stays paused indefinitely, and instantly unpauses when I plug it back in.

When I ended my call, the music came back on after 5 seconds. I hadn't even had the music app open since rebooting. I pressed the Home button and then long-pressed it, and Music didn't even show up on my recent apps list.

[ACL], I'd be more than happy to let you borrow my h2w headset (and maybe one of my spare RHOD400s). I never use 'em. Hit me up at my username at gmail.com.
That's a very nice offer, hopefully ACL takes you up on it.

As a sidenote, you said you were running FRX07 - did you update to the newest kernel? That will be required to make the h2w headset work.

If you don't mind, please try the experiment again after updating to the latest kernel...
Old 08-16-2011, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4guy View Post
Simply plugging in the h2w headset does nothing.When I plugged the 3.5mm in, both headsets magically came to life. The button doesn't do anything. If I removed the 3.5mm, the music kept playing through the h2w.

Awesome.. this is good and bad. Well bad because detection requires more work but good cuz i'll probably prep some patch for you to test again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2