View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 03:40 AM
td4guy
Lurker

td4guy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mic detection on 3.5mm (rhodw only)

Running FRX07 full bundle 20110715 on a RHOD400. Using the h2w headset that came with my old HTC Titan/Mogul, because the TP2 didn't come with one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
fire up some music and plug in the h2w headset. Both audio and mic should be routed properly.
Simply plugging in the h2w headset does nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
THen plug in the 3.5mm (at the same time) and see if the buttons work. If they do great, then test out the mic. Let me know the results fellas.
When I plugged the 3.5mm in, both headsets magically came to life. The button doesn't do anything. If I removed the 3.5mm, the music kept playing through the h2w.

At that point, I unplugged both headsets and rebooted the phone.

Then I plugged both back in. I called the phone from my landline and tried to answer the call by pressing the headset's button. Nothing. Mic worked fine on the headset, but only as long as the 3.5mm stayed plugged in. When I unplugged the 3.5mm, the headset's mic stopped working. Audio worked though. The button never did anything.

Here's an odd thing. When both the 3.5mm and h2w are plugged in, music won't pause for more than 5 seconds. If I unplug the h2w, the music stays paused indefinitely, and instantly unpauses when I plug it back in.

When I ended my call, the music came back on after 5 seconds. I hadn't even had the music app open since rebooting. I pressed the Home button and then long-pressed it, and Music didn't even show up on my recent apps list.

[ACL], I'd be more than happy to let you borrow my h2w headset (and maybe one of my spare RHOD400s). I never use 'em. Hit me up at my username at gmail.com.
This post has been thanked 1 times.