PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Patch that enables home button support in XDAndroid

Hey guys here is another option of having the recent options and the homepages. This is from F22 AND ALL THANKS GOES TO HIM. I just wanted to pass it on to everyone so they could have another option. It does exactly the same thing you guys are doing now but for the end button instead of the power button.

I've made available a rootfs.img for rhodiums that maps the end key to home and returns the recent apps list if you do a long press. If you have the 210 (T-Mobile US TP2), the 300 (AT&T Tilt2), the 400 (Sprint TP2), the 500 (Verizon TP2) or the Nordic version of the 100, then it also has some other keymap/layout additions baked in too like a working SYM key.

This rootfs was built from the XDAndroid rootfs git and is up to date as of the date on the file (currently Nov. 15th).

Instructions
1) Download the file from here rootfs-f22-20101115-b6303c2.img.7z.
2) Unzip the file via the 7zip utility
3) Rename it to rootfs.img
4) Drop it into your android boot folder.
5) Restart your phone in Android.
6) Go to to Settings->Accessibility and check the box that says: Power Button Ends Call.
6) Enjoy your new keys.

Here is the original link
Home, Power & End Buttons - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thaaaaaaaaaaaaank you for pointing this out sir
Old 12-05-2010, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

However we want to do this, I'm completely open to suggestions. I'm with F22 on wanting to move these optional button mappings into the main tree, but I don't like the fact that we have to go in and manually assign any buttons.

The change was originally made to "make it easier for people who are using to WinMo," and I think forcing them to remap is a complete step backwards. All of the keys should be mapped out of the box and function in an intuitive way. I don't care how wince does it, I care about what is most functional for our device.

That being said, I am having trouble compiling because the revert undoes some more recent updates which breaks the compile. I think for now that F22's changes are easier to maintain, but his layout is different than the original that most people like. I will look into the changes for the kernel further when I get a chance. The wife is making me do a bunch of retarded stuff (who the hell invented an ugly sweater party... wtf?), so I probably won't be able to do anything today
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
However we want to do this, I'm completely open to suggestions. I'm with F22 on wanting to move these optional button mappings into the main tree, but I don't like the fact that we have to go in and manually assign any buttons.

The change was originally made to "make it easier for people who are using to WinMo," and I think forcing them to remap is a complete step backwards. All of the keys should be mapped out of the box and function in an intuitive way. I don't care how wince does it, I care about what is most functional for our device.

That being said, I am having trouble compiling because the revert undoes some more recent updates which breaks the compile. I think for now that F22's changes are easier to maintain, but his layout is different than the original that most people like. I will look into the changes for the kernel further when I get a chance. The wife is making me do a bunch of retarded stuff (who the hell invented an ugly sweater party... wtf?), so I probably won't be able to do anything today
Hey nate i promise i wasnt trying to step on your toes I just thought it would be nice for people to have an option. I really appreciate what you are doing for everyone. I apologize if i did though.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.387; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post

Hey nate i promise i wasnt trying to step on your toes I just thought it would be nice for people to have an option. I really appreciate what you are doing for everyone. I apologize if i did though.
Definitely not stepping on my toes. I started compiling these at the request of users here. I think more choices and input is almost always a good thing.

Personally, I don't use these builds because I do testing more than I actually use Android. Until we get BT working, I can't go Android full time, and I don't keep up on these builds like I do on NAND.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

alright nate sounds good and thx again for all your hard work
Old 12-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey guys here is another option of having the recent options and the homepages. This is from F22 AND ALL THANKS GOES TO HIM. I just wanted to pass it on to everyone so they could have another option. It does exactly the same thing you guys are doing now but for the end button instead of the power button.

I've made available a rootfs.img for rhodiums that maps the end key to home and returns the recent apps list if you do a long press. If you have the 210 (T-Mobile US TP2), the 300 (AT&T Tilt2), the 400 (Sprint TP2), the 500 (Verizon TP2) or the Nordic version of the 100, then it also has some other keymap/layout additions baked in too like a working SYM key.

This rootfs was built from the XDAndroid rootfs git and is up to date as of the date on the file (currently Nov. 15th).

Instructions
1) Download the file from here rootfs-f22-20101115-b6303c2.img.7z.
2) Unzip the file via the 7zip utility
3) Rename it to rootfs.img
4) Drop it into your android boot folder.
5) Restart your phone in Android.
6) Go to to Settings->Accessibility and check the box that says: Power Button Ends Call.
6) Enjoy your new keys.

Here is the original link
Home, Power & End Buttons - xda-developers
I just tried this out and it works great, thanks! Updated the first post to point to this.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung ace

ricardolowe is a n00b

Sweeeet! This works. While you are on a roll...how about getting the Bluetooth up and running?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

22stars is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardolowe View Post
Sweeeet! This works. While you are on a roll...how about getting the Bluetooth up and running?

really?

you were able to use the search function to perform necromancy and raise this dead thread, though you couldn't find the ridiculous amount of posts regarding Bluetooth being kind of low on the totem pole when it comes to android problems and development?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2