View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:42 AM
manekineko
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Patch that enables home button support in XDAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey guys here is another option of having the recent options and the homepages. This is from F22 AND ALL THANKS GOES TO HIM. I just wanted to pass it on to everyone so they could have another option. It does exactly the same thing you guys are doing now but for the end button instead of the power button.

I've made available a rootfs.img for rhodiums that maps the end key to home and returns the recent apps list if you do a long press. If you have the 210 (T-Mobile US TP2), the 300 (AT&T Tilt2), the 400 (Sprint TP2), the 500 (Verizon TP2) or the Nordic version of the 100, then it also has some other keymap/layout additions baked in too like a working SYM key.

This rootfs was built from the XDAndroid rootfs git and is up to date as of the date on the file (currently Nov. 15th).

Instructions
1) Download the file from here rootfs-f22-20101115-b6303c2.img.7z.
2) Unzip the file via the 7zip utility
3) Rename it to rootfs.img
4) Drop it into your android boot folder.
5) Restart your phone in Android.
6) Go to to Settings->Accessibility and check the box that says: Power Button Ends Call.
6) Enjoy your new keys.

Here is the original link
Home, Power & End Buttons - xda-developers
I just tried this out and it works great, thanks! Updated the first post to point to this.