View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
natemcnutty
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.387; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
However we want to do this, I'm completely open to suggestions. I'm with F22 on wanting to move these optional button mappings into the main tree, but I don't like the fact that we have to go in and manually assign any buttons.

The change was originally made to "make it easier for people who are using to WinMo," and I think forcing them to remap is a complete step backwards. All of the keys should be mapped out of the box and function in an intuitive way. I don't care how wince does it, I care about what is most functional for our device.

That being said, I am having trouble compiling because the revert undoes some more recent updates which breaks the compile. I think for now that F22's changes are easier to maintain, but his layout is different than the original that most people like. I will look into the changes for the kernel further when I get a chance. The wife is making me do a bunch of retarded stuff (who the hell invented an ugly sweater party... wtf?), so I probably won't be able to do anything today
Hey nate i promise i wasnt trying to step on your toes I just thought it would be nice for people to have an option. I really appreciate what you are doing for everyone. I apologize if i did though.
Definitely not stepping on my toes. I started compiling these at the request of users here. I think more choices and input is almost always a good thing.

Personally, I don't use these builds because I do testing more than I actually use Android. Until we get BT working, I can't go Android full time, and I don't keep up on these builds like I do on NAND.