PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Thanks arrrghhh. It looks like you were right that the rootfs change is also required. I've done some testing and it looks like I figured out which commit to revert, so I've got a new set of kernel/modules and a rootfs this time.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/test3.zip

If this is working properly for everyone, then I'll post the script so others can build their own with the button mapping changes reverted
Hate it when I'm right

Thanks for the hard work, this does the trick!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc tp 2
Carrier: sprint

dschomerus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Bear with me guys, I'm new to this. My issues may have been addressed but remember this thread is now 276 pages long and my old mind is pretty mushy.

My Sprint TP2 is overclocked at 768mhz and has been bullet-proof. Should this determine which version I should use? I seem to recall having read somewhere on another thread that the overclocking would carry forward to Android. If this is true, it would seem to be counter productive to use the version that overclocks to 700mhz.

Additionally, is there a primer somewhere in the thread that would consisely go through the steps without having to concantenate 276 pages?

Any guidance and advice would be appreciated.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschomerus View Post
Bear with me guys, I'm new to this. My issues may have been addressed but remember this thread is now 276 pages long and my old mind is pretty mushy.

My Sprint TP2 is overclocked at 768mhz and has been bullet-proof. Should this determine which version I should use? I seem to recall having read somewhere on another thread that the overclocking would carry forward to Android. If this is true, it would seem to be counter productive to use the version that overclocks to 700mhz.

Additionally, is there a primer somewhere in the thread that would consisely go through the steps without having to concantenate 276 pages?

Not sure what you mean by "concantenate 276 pages" - unless you mean the search button? You can search just this thread, just this section, or the entire forum if you wish. Search is your friend.

I'm a little confused by your other questions as well. Do you mean that if you overclock in WinMo it "would carry forward to Android"? Because that's not the case. In fact, you have to disable any overclock you're running in WinMo before booting Android - they are completely separate operating systems, even tho WinMo does initialize some stuff for us (not much any more tho).

"My Sprint TP2 is overclocked at 768mhz and has been bullet-proof. Should this determine which version I should use?" - you mean like Blazn or Reference? Again, overclock in WinMo? Your overclock in WinMo has nothing to do with the build you choose. You can also overclock any build of Android, just with the right setting in your startup.txt...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:

the FAQ is a good place to start when you run into questions
Old 11-05-2010, 04:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

If you are smart enough to use the word "concantenate" in a post then I would think you are probably smart enough to use "Search" and read the FAQs.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mrtomaso is keeping up the good workmrtomaso is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Since only the CDMA phones have the 3.5mm jack, it's not going to be a very high priority unfortunately.

With that said, don't use the cab. They're awful. Just extract the rar... Much easier IMHO and MUCH faster
Thanks for that update. For me it was the only thing holding me back and I've been constantly looking to see if it was added. Now i know.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
If you are smart enough to use the word "concantenate" in a post then I would think you are probably smart enough to use "Search" and read the FAQs.
do you feel better now that you've pointlessly bashed on a new user that came here for help
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

Anyway....

Anyone been keeping up on the newest kernel bits?

Looks like they are working on LED support.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
Anyway....

Anyone been keeping up on the newest kernel bits?

Looks like they are working on LED support.
Microphone is working now for apps that use voice. Haven't seen a lot of people talking about that, but it's pretty cool.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Lurker

blckout99 is a n00b

I stopped following this Project after the EVO came out, but my wife breaking her EVO has forced my TP2 out of retirement... The current build doesn't have HTC Sense. In the begining of the project there was a build floating around that did... Anyone know of a current Sense build ? Thanks guys.

Last edited by blckout99; 11-05-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps