PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (Latest version 1.2.3) - 400/500 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykosoft View Post
I am aware of both the reasons, and the alternates. With that said, it's less than user friendly. Is it possible to detect charging USB vs USB used for data (sync, storage, adb, etc)? I know that in winmo, when a charger is attached, it doesn't ask to start active sync, usb storage, or internet sharing, only when it is attached to an actual computer.

Michael
i dont get what you mean dood .. thats how it nomarlly works.

front buttons dont work on bootloader. only gpio buttons.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
i dont get what you mean dood .. thats how it nomarlly works.

front buttons dont work on bootloader. only gpio buttons.
Sorry, I'll attempt to be more descriptive. I would like for lk to be able to detect the difference between a charger vs a computer, and not attempt fastboot when it's simply attached to a charger. Though, in typing this, given how USB works, that may not be possible. I forget the order of operations with USB negotiation.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Sorry, I'll attempt to be more descriptive. I would like for lk to be able to detect the difference between a charger vs a computer, and not attempt fastboot when it's simply attached to a charger. Though, in typing this, given how USB works, that may not be possible. I forget the order of operations with USB negotiation.
No offense, but the tradeoff of being able to reboot normally is worth being cautious when you plug the phone in.

Considering the phone still does reboot at random, and then gets stuck in fastboot every single time... is madness. So long as you've gotten past the flashing stage, this really should never be an issue - either charge the phone when off, or plug it in after the double vibe.

Unless there was some way of figuring out the difference between an AC charger and a USB plug in LK, IMHO the existing way LK works is just fine. It's not perfect, but I don't really see a solution sans what we've both already written .
Old 11-29-2011, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
So long as you've gotten past the flashing stage, this really should never be an issue - either charge the phone when off, or plug it in after the double vibe.
FYI, this is generally not possible when the phone is dead. Without plugging it in, powering it on, unplugging it, and rebooting (which screws with your battery), there is (depending on just how dead the device is) no way to wait until the double vibe.

Michael
Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
FYI, this is generally not possible when the phone is dead. Without plugging it in, powering it on, unplugging it, and rebooting (which screws with your battery), there is (depending on just how dead the device is) no way to wait until the double vibe.

Michael
Did you miss ACL's post?

With the new LK, you should be able to charge with the device off. So there's no need to turn the device on to charge it...
Old 11-30-2011, 03:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

ok so how does world mode work anyways? no matter what i cant seem to force the damn phone to use the sim. It will always revert back to cdma. I guess cdma would need to be completely off ? hmm.

sorry to share my frustration with everyone..

Also a few things i found out while some heavy testing

1) bad sdcard will make your phone go crazy. Specially on poweroff. Since it cant unmount it will just spin and spin.
2) When you see the sync icon, the phone wont sleep (panel will go down but not true sleep). not sure if this is normal on native devices.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
ok so how does world mode work anyways? no matter what i cant seem to force the damn phone to use the sim. It will always revert back to cdma. I guess cdma would need to be completely off ? hmm.
At least in winmo, it's one or the other. I'm relatively certain the non active radio hardware is shutdown. At a high level, there are 3 options in winmo, global, cdma, gsm. Global searches for cdma first, if none is found, it switches to gsm. I do believe that there is periodic polling for cdma, when gsm is on, but have never verified it low level (using haret or otherwise). That said, if memory serves, cdma is completely off when gsm is on (and connected to a network).

Michael
Old 11-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:

sorry to share my frustration with everyone..

Also a few things i found out while some heavy testing

1) bad sdcard will make your phone go crazy. Specially on poweroff. Since it cant unmount it will just spin and spin.
2) When you see the sync icon, the phone wont sleep (panel will go down but not true sleep). not sure if this is normal on native devices.
Interesting on the SD card problem - so how do you determine whether your card is bad or not...? Just curious how you determined how it was bad, or if you just noticed it couldn't umount ?

I would think not being able to sleep during sync is "normal". I assume once the sync is complete, the phone sleeps properly on its own? If that's the case, I would think it's fine... If it is endlessly awake after a sync has completed, that is bad .

Quote:
At least in winmo, it's one or the other. I'm relatively certain the non active radio hardware is shutdown. At a high level, there are 3 options in winmo, global, cdma, gsm. Global searches for cdma first, if none is found, it switches to gsm. I do believe that there is periodic polling for cdma, when gsm is on, but have never verified it low level (using haret or otherwise). That said, if memory serves, cdma is completely off when gsm is on (and connected to a network).

Michael
This would make sense, having both radios running at the same time is not a good idea .
Old 11-30-2011, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Interesting on the SD card problem - so how do you determine whether your card is bad or not...? Just curious how you determined how it was bad, or if you just noticed it couldn't umount ?

I would think not being able to sleep during sync is "normal". I assume once the sync is complete, the phone sleeps properly on its own? If that's the case, I would think it's fine... If it is endlessly awake after a sync has completed, that is bad .

This would make sense, having both radios running at the same time is not a good idea .
Well it happened to me more than once and dmesg confirmed that there was an error with the sd. Had to repair it on a pc but since its happening more and more i just replaced it.

Yup, the syncs are temporary and once it stops it goes bed time just fine. But i noticed this can be happening to some folks to have 3rd party apps who uses sync more than normal. Either way it's not really a bug since its just doing what its supposed to do. GPS sleep bug is the same way, it just keeps going on and on and the kernel doesnt sleep. But this may just be the old radio like we mentioned. I should mod the first post and recommend the vz radio before doing this.

I think muzling will be happy with the next release. I made it easier for cdma folk to use usernames and passwords for ppp. Since ril is hardcoded to use dummy, they can butcher a script to make it happen. Nice stop gap for now i suppose.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:

Michael
Exactly. We have the same option but when i change it it always goes back to cdma. SOO this means we cant test this unless you have no cdma service and an active sim? im sure someone will test eventually.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development