PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

you know after playing with android off my sd card, i think i can EASILY make the switch from wm. if they can get navigation working, and more importantly the 3.5mm audio jack then i wouldnt need wm6 anymore. im fairly shocked how well android runs on the tp2
Old 01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinis View Post
you know after playing with android off my sd card, i think i can EASILY make the switch from wm. if they can get navigation working, and more importantly the 3.5mm audio jack then i wouldnt need wm6 anymore. im fairly shocked how well android runs on the tp2
3.5mm jack works as of the latest update.

Nav works, but GPS is kinda flaky - it causes hard locks after extended usage. I've had no problems using GPS for short spurts... but long trips, it usually locks up on me.

Haven't done that much testing with GPS on NAND TBH.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

SOLD then. thanks! whatever ability i might lose at this point is worth it because of all the other abilities i gain.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

3G data icon, "Up/Down" arrow not activity when data in/out.

Seems is kernel problem:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DISCONTINUED][Jan 12][SD/CWM][HOT]JDMS 1.7 BETA Ultimate[DISCONTINUED]

EDIT: SOLVED, thx HD2 git: https://gitorious.org/~3dak/linux-on-wince-htc/3dak-linux_on_wince_htc_bcm/commit/d3740f8695a3c3c41f58a2409c232eeecf3f7387
in htc_msm_nand_defconfig, need to remove line, otherwise will be compiled to CONFIG_MSM_RMNET=y
Quote:
CONFIG_MSM_RMNET is not set
xdandroid is comment this line
http://gitorious.org/linux-on-qualco...config#line788

Last edited by muziling; 01-31-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Been so busy that i figured i'd just upload what i have now instead of waiting for some free time.

http://rhodium-nand.googlecode.com/f...E-01312012.zip

Latest sound stuff is on there as well as some kernel test changes. Mostly to kill those bugs that cause panics. Ive yet to find a solution, but ive changed stuff a bit so if it does happen again, we should have more info. So keep posting logs (i see them but wont get to reply at times).

Thanks fellas.

Edit: Forgot to mention that you can OC to a little above 800 with this new kernel. Serial number is reporting properly and h2w headset microphone is working again. Unfortunately 3.5mm mic still does not work. It's weird because the Kernel itself detects the mic, but userland seems to just ignore it.

Last edited by [ACL]; 01-31-2012 at 03:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:47 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Results from my device. RHOD500 (it has what seems a RHOD400 keyboard layout).

Code:
<6>[  397.498840] Hardware Board ID is 4
<6>[  397.498901] SKUID PCBA PN is 0 1 f1
<6>[  397.498931] SKUID SKU Num is 1
<6>[  397.498962] SKUID PCB ID is 4
<6>[  397.498992] SKUID RF SKU ID is <6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>1<6>0<6>0<6>3<6>2<6>0<6>0<6>d4<6>0<6>0<6>0<6>2<6>
interesting.. so it seems the 500 and 400 have identical numbers?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
I have many SoD with ppp, I compare that smd_tty.c source code with us, we didn't remove RMNET, I apply this diff and testing...
yeah rmnet code is all there but it wont work for us. I spoke to cotulla about it and he does some magic to get it working on the HD2. I'll need to double check the kernel config and disable RMNET since its useless. From what i understand, only gsm rhods may be able to use rmnet. Not cdma

As for the other patches, i'll take a peek and see if there is anything useful.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:55 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoroni View Post
Will do tonight when I'm at home and report back.

Edit:

Here's my last 5 lines, let me know if there is anything else you need.
Code:
<6>[ 2454.928192] Hardware Board ID is 4
<6>[ 2454.928253] SKUID PCBA PN is 0 1 f1
<6>[ 2454.928283] SKUID SKU Num is 1
<6>[ 2454.928314] SKUID PCB ID is 4
<6>[ 2454.928344] SKUID RF SKU ID is <6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>1<6>0<6>0<6>3<6>2<6>0<6>0<6>d4<6>0<6>0<6>0<6>2<6>
We need to get someone with a verizon rhod500 to dump this info. If its all the same, then i'm afraid this info wont help. We will just need to find a way.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
@[ACL] here are the radio logs you requested a while back, didnt have time to upload them sooner. Also would there be a benefit on using twrp 2.0 touch recovery? thanks for you hard work!
twrp looks interesting. Not sure how much we would benefit. I think majority of the fellas want cwm as our default. I'll need to finish moving the charger code into LK so we can use any damn recovery we want, but until then peeps need to stick with the classic :-p
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:01 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
3G data icon, "Up/Down" arrow not activity when data in/out.

Seems is kernel problem:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DISCONTINUED][Jan 12][SD/CWM][HOT]JDMS 1.7 BETA Ultimate[DISCONTINUED]

EDIT: SOLVED, thx HD2 git: https://gitorious.org/~3dak/linux-on...232eeecf3f7387
in htc_msm_nand_defconfig, need to remove line, otherwise will be compiled to CONFIG_MSM_RMNET=y
i'll remove that line from the config for the next release. Forgot why it's actually enabled
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development