PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Cutecool &

Responses here: #267
Appreciate the effort, but I killed every app and AngryBirds still will not load and crashes.... This is a very clean install from scratch.

i have to say I hate the ads and I used to be able to get rid of them, not now. I am sure this slows things down.

Cheers
Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

is there anyway to change what marketplace thinks my phone is? i get this error:

This app is incompatible with your Mid-Tex Cellular Phone.
Mid-Tex Cellular Phone
This item is not compatible with your device.

when i try to install Music app by Google Inc

Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

you can download the apk file and install it

i got google's music app from xda forums, [APP] Google Music 3.0 / APK / Tested on 2.3.4 - WORKS! - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well..... After all these days - all of a sudden a few things are not working..

1. End button - it was functioning as home page before. Not now.
2. Call button was opening the phone/dialer before - but not now.
3. Keyboard light sometimes lights up and sometime doesn't.
4. The phone was locking before and I had to swipe to unlock it. But - now it is not locking at all - tried to set a pattern to unlock too - still refuses to lock..
5. In-Call volume - is stuck at 75%. It simply refuses to go beyond that...
6. The volume is really low when audio is routed to speakerphone - I understand issues related to audio is still under dev.

Anyone having the same issues?? workarounds if any??
Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
1. End button - it was functioning as home page before. Not now.
2. Call button was opening the phone/dialer before - but not now.
3. Keyboard light sometimes lights up and sometime doesn't.
4. The phone was locking before and I had to swipe to unlock it. But - now it is not locking at all - tried to set a pattern to unlock too - still refuses to lock..
6. The volume is really low when audio is routed to speakerphone - I understand issues related to audio is still under dev.
Right off the bat, I would try a new data.img to ensure there's not something odd there. Especially for issues #1, 2, 4 & 5. I've been running FRX07 since it came out and all that stuff still works great for me. You can rename your old data.img and let it create a new one - that way you can easily revert. Just make sure you've got the space on the card .

3. If you turn off auto-backlight it should work flawlessly. Devs are looking into it.
6. Not sure, other than what you're already aware of with audio routing.. I would say my speakerphone volume could definitely be better, but it's "tolerable". When testing the new audio routing code, it's very loud.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
#5 what i noticed was that the in call volume was very loud at the beginning of each call and doesn't match the volume that the screen says it should be at, but if i press the volume up key once the volume changes and more closely matches what the screen is indicating.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

tnsandman is just getting started

Lurker chiming in. I run this on a Sprint TP2 on a Sandisk 2gb card that makes no speed promises. With this slow card the OS runs pretty well and Angry Birds didn't run at all. Added some overclocking and the OS as well as Angry Birds (choppy,but playable) run better.

Ordered an 8gb class 10 card today and I bet things will fly. I think having a good fast SD card can't be stressed enough.

Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into making this build possible.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsandman View Post
Lurker chiming in. I run this on a Sprint TP2 on a Sandisk 2gb card that makes no speed promises. With this slow card the OS runs pretty well and Angry Birds didn't run at all. Added some overclocking and the OS as well as Angry Birds (choppy,but playable) run better.

Ordered an 8gb class 10 card today and I bet things will fly. I think having a good fast SD card can't be stressed enough.

Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into making this build possible.
C10 cards can spell trouble. See this thread. I doubt that a higher class card will help THAT much. I haven't personally done testing on every class card... highest class card I own is C4.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

JAMBergie is a n00b

Has anyone else been having difficulty with the phone going to sleep? I've noticed particularly after using google in the web browser, which activates the GPS, that some times I will not be able to get the phone to go fully asleep with the green light. I've also had it occur in other situations, but I can't pinpoint what the exact cause is. I've tried using Advanced Task Killer to shut everything down, but still no luck. When the phone does go to sleep, it does so very quickly though. Anyone having similar issues?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMBergie View Post
Has anyone else been having difficulty with the phone going to sleep? I've noticed particularly after using google in the web browser, which activates the GPS, that some times I will not be able to get the phone to go fully asleep with the green light. I've also had it occur in other situations, but I can't pinpoint what the exact cause is. I've tried using Advanced Task Killer to shut everything down, but still no luck. When the phone does go to sleep, it does so very quickly though. Anyone having similar issues?
As has been stated 1,000x... If GPS is enabled in Settings -> Loc & Sec, the phone will never sleep. It's a bug, been fixed in the new GB tree (not released yet in compiled form) and I'm hoping the fix can be ported back to FroYo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development