PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313 View Post
Its stable and safe. I flash a couple 6.5 roms, but couldnt find a titanium only rom that was stable and wasnt loaded, plus i dont have the know how to cook a rom.

----------------
Listening to: Dorrough ft. Jermaine Dupri, Soulja Boy, Jim Jones, Slim Thug, E-40 and Rich Boy - Ice Cream Paint Job (Remix)
via FoxyTunes
stay tuned

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

GF, is there a tutorial to do the Task Bars in QVGA 6.5 somewhere?

Can we just take the VGA TBs and convert some way?

If you could just help us with your process to convert them, maybe some of us QVGAers could take over the job.

Thanks for your past work and hope you can teach us to do it!

Thanks again!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:00 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
GF, is there a tutorial to do the Task Bars in QVGA 6.5 somewhere?

Can we just take the VGA TBs and convert some way?

If you could just help us with your process to convert them, maybe some of us QVGAers could take over the job.

Thanks for your past work and hope you can teach us to do it!

Thanks again!
Essentially it is the same process as doing a 6.1 taskbar. The differences that you run into are in the 6.5 dll files. There are some subtle changes and differences. Some things like the CDMA and phcanoverbmp dlls are the same, but shellres.96.dll and tapres.dll are different. The other difference is going from the 32x32 icons to 16x16. You just can't rename the dlls from tapres.192.dll to tapres.96.dll, for example. While the taskbar icons will be fine at 32x32, there are other system icons that can mess up how your dialer looks, to your start menu and call history.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

I was a fiend for custom taskbars... and in literally every 6.1 Rom I flashed I installed a custom taskbar..

But now that I'm on 6.5 I like the standard, white icons.. They seem to match better with the transparent top bar.. Just rambling...

I think all the current 6.5 icons clash too much with the 6.5 asthetics...
Old 07-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

so many cool task bars to pick from

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Prizo!

Alex42590 is becoming a great contributor

R.I.P. QVGA Taskbar Conversions lmao
Old 07-25-2009, 11:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
stay tuned
Juggs is makin a come back tour!! Sweet !!

Hopefully people's crazy & ungrateful comments & complaints don't force a leave of absence again!

Last edited by purian23; 07-25-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

I can confirm that this COLOR taskbar is working on 6.5 CDMA (JD's newest ROM, build 21928...) and is quite nice...i couldn't get the black metal taskbar to work so try it at your own risk...

Just didn't see it ever posted over here so wanted to let you guys know it is an option...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=520132

Last edited by mgioia2; 07-28-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

not to thread jack, but oh well, Many thanks to GadgetFreak becoming a mod! just noticed this. Great news! just don't ban me...alright oh and can I get an eta on GFfunkyfresh rom series? oh shoot, eta = ban. jk!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:56 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
not to thread jack, but oh well, Many thanks to GadgetFreak becoming a mod! just noticed this. Great news! just don't ban me...alright oh and can I get an eta on GFfunkyfresh rom series? oh shoot, eta = ban. jk!
Thanks, Riley! I think you're pretty safe at this point, so no worries. As far as the ROM goes, I've started prelim skinning and I'm figuring out the theme now. Once that's done, I'll tweak the ideas I have for a new task bar and get that implemented. That, in and of itself, should be way more generic than my last one...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes