PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: telus

vincenth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Access Activesync Remotely

I currently have a touchpro 2(TP2) and was wondering if there was anyway to have my sync my TP2 with my computer at home remotely.

The reason I want to do this is I want to be able to retrieve/sync my outlook e-mail to my TP2 through a wireless hotspot or through my data connection. This is because I have a bunch of e-mail linked to my outlook at home that I want to have retrieved via my TP2 constantly.

Is this possible as the way it is currenty setup I think you can only just plug you phone into your computer for activesync to download what is already in your outlook.

I hope this makes sense, I believe the term is; I want to "push" my home outlook onto my TP2.

Thanks for any help

-Vincent
Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card
Carrier: Sprint

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Access Activesync Remotely

Why not just configure them as IMAP accounts? Have your Exchange or Google account sync over the air using active sync, then have the rest sync via IMAP.

IMAP won't remove the messages from the inbox, so they will still download on your computer as well.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:51 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's possible if you are willing to use Apache and Z-Push. What exactly is your source of e-mail now? If it's just Gmail (which I would suggest moving to if possible) then you can just add m.google.com to ActiveSync as an exchange server. Provide us more details about what kind of e-mail account you use and I can make one work for you.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vincenth is a n00b

Currently I have 3 e-mails attached to my outlook.

One is a personal shaw account (via Shaw Cable in Canada)
One is my work e-mail (via their exchange server)
One is a academic e-mail through a University

Reason I want it all to be synced within outlook and to the phone is because it allows me to have a single inbox with separate folders for all of them. Where as if I add them all to the phone individually they will all have a separate inbox.

Sorry I am as adept int he term as I used to be and am a bit unfamilar with some of the WinMo concepts and applications so if possible I will try to provide as accurate details as I can to resolve this. In return I ask that if your unsure of what I said or need mroe informationt o help me I am more that willing to rephrase it or prvide the neccessary information.

Thanks again

Vincent
Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well chances are your Shaw Cable account and University use POP3 correct? Is there a way it can use IMAP? The work e-mail can just be synced through Activesync right now but if you can't convert it to IMAP then maybe you can forward it all to a Gmail account through Pegasus Mail Server and then check it from there. If you want more details I can help. The cool part is you can check your e-mails from within GMail.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vincenth is a n00b

Yeah unfortunately they are all pop3. so unfortunately your syaign there is not "easier" way to do it?

I assume if I just stuck with it being direct to phone it will be fine and not synced to outlook.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I see you have a PPC.

Sorry man.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vincenth is a n00b

It is ok, decided to just add the important e-mails to the phone via regular pop 3. Can't win them all. I am strongly thankful for you attempting to help at least!

Cheers

vincent
Old 11-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

1 Krazy Kanuck is a n00b

I used to be able send and receive Shaw emails using my HTC TP2, then I upgraded to windows 6.5 and Mikes Mightyrom, and now I can only receive my shaw emails.
Anyone know what smtp server I should be using or whatever i need to send shaw emails from my phone?
Thanks for any help.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card
Carrier: Sprint

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

Mail server names. Shaw’s POP3, SMTP, and IMAP servers are all named mail.shawcable.com. If you have a domain name hosted with Shaw, mail.yourdomain.com will also work.

You may have to tinker the imap settings. Your university should also feature imap support, but you'll have to ask their help desk.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software