PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is anyone using Microsoft's "My Phone" free backup software?

Currently I am using SPB Backup. Is there anyone that can give me some feedback on Microsoft's "My Phone" free backup software? Is there any downside to using it?
Old 09-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Re: Is anyone using Microsoft's "My Phone" free backup software?

I use it mainly for contacts, but it also does calendar, tasks, text messages and media files if you so choose. It's free and I see no downside to using the program itself for those reasons, except that saving all of your text messages and continually restoring them is bad, as the mountain of messages will continually build up and slow down the messaging application.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

i would use it if only it supported restoring call history too

Old 09-19-2009, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

MBC1965 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MBC1965

I've used My Phone and it's a good product. But, once I had used Sprite Backup I've never looked at anything else. It restores my phone to the exact condition it was when I backed it up. I haven't found anything better.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The nice thing about MyPhone is you can schedule backups daily, weekly and set day and time. Restores very easy.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:08 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

in my opinion, its not better than Dashwire. Dashwire does it all. I have never been disappointed by it!
Old 09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBC1965 View Post
I've used My Phone and it's a good product. But, once I had used Sprite Backup I've never looked at anything else. It restores my phone to the exact condition it was when I backed it up. I haven't found anything better.
SPB Backup also restores everything on the phone. However when Sprint releases the WM6.5 upgrade on my TP2 that is running 6.1 I figured that My Phone might come in handy as SPB Backup might have a conflict as it saved 6.1.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:33 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

It comes in handy if you're flashing from one type of rom to another. I have mine set to backup every night at midnight because there have been a couple of occasions where I went to sleep and when I woke up the phone was stuck and had to hard reset... lost some contacts. I have spb set to backup and replace existing backups every evening at noon also.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:08 PM
N00b

heartslovejones is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to heartslovejones

I have been using My Phone since its beta release. It has helped me thru my first 3 Sprint touch pro's. Especially, when they locked up, had to be master rest, (I wanted to throw it out) and before I met PPCGeeks and MightyRom! I do not see any down side yet. Only ONE Major wintergreen Lifesaver, to date.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use it but it does one thing that I really cannot stand. It only restore/backs up from one direction and this is what I mean.

I have my phone doing daily backups at 5 AM of my contacts/calendar/and pictures from my storage device.

The other day I had 2 pictures of this Ferrari F430 that I saw parked a few blocks away from my school.

My little brother accidentally deleted one of the pics so I figured no big deal since the pictures were already 3 days old and had been backed up to the MS servers. Well I go into myphone hit Sync and guess what, the ****in thing deletes the picture from the server.

And I'm like WTH this makes no sense, so instead of syncing and downloading the pic back to the phone, it deletes the pic off the server. The same is true if you delete a contact on your phone by accident and decide to hit sync it'll delete your contact off their server forever.

If anybody knows how to fix this let me know.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software