PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: dell axim x51
Carrier: skype

ej48315 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to ej48315 Send a message via Skype™ to ej48315
Post Re: Is anyone using Microsoft's "My Phone" free backup software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
SPB Backup also restores everything on the phone. However when Sprint releases the WM6.5 upgrade on my TP2 that is running 6.1 I figured that My Phone might come in handy as SPB Backup might have a conflict as it saved 6.1.
The more recent builds of SPB Backup include rom update mode and new device mode so moving from 6.1 to 6.5 will not be an issue if your programs are compatible with 6.5

SBP Backup is far ahead of any other backup utility out there the only thing it doesnt do is store your backup file on a server but you can do that manualy with skydrive or any online storage site.

I tried the My Phone software about a month ago and decided I had no use for it.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Is anyone using Microsoft's "My Phone" free backup software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
I use it but it does one thing that I really cannot stand. It only restore/backs up from one direction and this is what I mean.

I have my phone doing daily backups at 5 AM of my contacts/calendar/and pictures from my storage device.

The other day I had 2 pictures of this Ferrari F430 that I saw parked a few blocks away from my school.

My little brother accidentally deleted one of the pics so I figured no big deal since the pictures were already 3 days old and had been backed up to the MS servers. Well I go into myphone hit Sync and guess what, the ****in thing deletes the picture from the server.

And I'm like WTH this makes no sense, so instead of syncing and downloading the pic back to the phone, it deletes the pic off the server. The same is true if you delete a contact on your phone by accident and decide to hit sync it'll delete your contact off their server forever.

If anybody knows how to fix this let me know.
primary reason for why 'automatic' sync doesn't work. they forget that it only needs to be automatic to an extent, after that manual control is preferred. I find most anything that 'sync's trys to automatically decide what is 'good' data, and I say only the user can know that.
+1 sprite
Old 09-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej48315 View Post
The more recent builds of SPB Backup include rom update mode and new device mode so moving from 6.1 to 6.5 will not be an issue if your programs are compatible with 6.5

SBP Backup is far ahead of any other backup utility out there the only thing it doesnt do is store your backup file on a server but you can do that manualy with skydrive or any online storage site.

I tried the My Phone software about a month ago and decided I had no use for it.
I have version 2.0.1 build 3092 and they currently are selling version 2.0.2.
Do you know what their upgrade policy is?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
The nice thing about MyPhone is you can schedule backups daily, weekly and set day and time. Restores very easy.
you can do this with pimbackup also. and probably sbp whatever
anyways if you talk about one backup program your gonna get another guy in here to tell you about a different backup program.

i use pimbackup
Old 09-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i used to quite a bit before switching to the pre and i never had any problems with it. i still recommend it to customers and friends looking for a backup solution
Old 09-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: dell axim x51
Carrier: skype

ej48315 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ej48315 Send a message via Skype™ to ej48315

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
I have version 2.0.1 build 3092 and they currently are selling version 2.0.2.
Do you know what their upgrade policy is?

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/supp...tdiscount.html

That translates into 20% off of $25

[Removed by Coz]

Last edited by ej48315; 09-23-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:

[Removed by Coz]

NO room for warez here! You should delete that reference.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

[Removed by Coz]
Actually I emailed SPB about upgrades and was told that if I was using the same build it was free. I had build 2.0.1 and I downloaded the newer version 2.0.2 and installed it over the old one with no charge for the upgrade. When you install the newer build the program automatically asks you for permission to uninstall the older build first. When you are finished all you have to do is enter your product key from the original purchase. I did all of the above and it worked like a charm.

If I had been going from a version of build 1 to a version of build 2 there would have been a $9.95 charge. The same $9.95 charge will hold true if they release a build 3 and I want to upgrade from a build 2.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

Dr4g0n75 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
I use it but it does one thing that I really cannot stand. It only restore/backs up from one direction and this is what I mean.

I have my phone doing daily backups at 5 AM of my contacts/calendar/and pictures from my storage device.

The other day I had 2 pictures of this Ferrari F430 that I saw parked a few blocks away from my school.

My little brother accidentally deleted one of the pics so I figured no big deal since the pictures were already 3 days old and had been backed up to the MS servers. Well I go into myphone hit Sync and guess what, the ****in thing deletes the picture from the server.

And I'm like WTH this makes no sense, so instead of syncing and downloading the pic back to the phone, it deletes the pic off the server. The same is true if you delete a contact on your phone by accident and decide to hit sync it'll delete your contact off their server forever.

If anybody knows how to fix this let me know.

have you logged into myphone from the computer? you can look at deleted items from there and hit restore

saved me a few times
Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

I've used it for a couple months and like very much that it is essentially automatic and invisible. For good or bad, I've yet to have a need to restore from it. (Knocking wood now.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software