PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 06:18 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
alternative orb client?

i can't really use skyfire while i'm driving to navigate my orb account, and i really don't want to use kinoma because it just takes over the multimedia portion of your phone... so i'm looking for alternative clients for orb...i really like the way kinoma works with orb, but i don't need anything else it has to offer.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:35 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: alternative orb client?

I know this is probably more then you need, just as was Kinoma player. However at this time, this is the only other option I can find. Unfortunately, it's not even released yet either.

The new Core Player 2.0 will have an Orb downloadable plugin to use with it. One of the new features of this release of the Core Player is supposed to be a newer more finger friendly interface.

CorePlayer is highly regarded as one of the best, if not best, video players available for Windows Mobile. Whenever a new video player is released, it’s always compared to CorePlayer. Well, it looks like the popular media player will be getting a major update soon. CoreCodec has made an announcement about an upcoming 2.0 release. This update comes after 2 years of releasing 1.x updates and will feature new content.

CorePlayer 2.0 is said to bring “a whole new layer of usability.” Once it hits 2.x, new channel content feeds will be introduced under what they call their “Web Guide.” There will also be downloadable plug-ins for YouTube, Orb and so on. In order to use these services, CoreCodec will require customers to create an account with them which will allow users to customize CorePlayer to their liking.

CoreCodec is aiming for a September release as far as 2.0 is concerned.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah i read that, it made me wonder if anyone else was working on an orb client that was as finger friendly as kinoma. i really wish i could stand having kinoma on my phone, but its more annoying to use it as a pic viewer than anything else.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Sprint

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work

Give Didiom a try. Only downside is that you only have access to music (which may be only what you want anyway) and I don't think you have the ability to download files like you do with Orb. Supposedly you can also purchase songs from their online store on your phone but I couldnt' find anything close to anything I listen to on there. Hope this helps!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
phling!

You could also give this program a try. Maybe it would be easier then Orb to navigate.

phling! is the mobile music community service that connects you to all the music, podcasts, and pictures stored on your PC, to your friends, and to everyone in the phling! community. All from your mobile phone.
You can use your mobile phone to listen to your music anywhere, anytime without having to first synchronize with your PC. With phling! you can also let up to six phling! friends listen to your music, and they can let you listen to their music. You can read and submit song reviews, find out who is listening to what, browse user profiles, and stay in touch by posting messages to your friends' bulletin boards and your own.
  • Stream your music from your home PC to your phone
  • Listen to your podcasts as soon as they are downloaded - no waiting to synchronize
  • View any of the pictures stored on your home PC
  • Browse the phling! community of users
  • Rate and comment on tracks
  • Discover what people are listening to right now
  • Find out the most popular tracks in the community
  • View your bulletin board and those of your friends
  • Turns your home PC into your own personal media server
  • Automatically finds all your music, podcasts, playlists, and pictures
  • Securely streams your media from your PC to your mobile phone
  • Supports MP3, WMA, and M4A music files
  • Resizes pictures for displaying on your phone
  • Works with most firewalls, you don't need to configure a thing
  • Store your music on secure servers
  • Access your music even if your PC is turned off
  • Browse, share, and listen anytime
  • No Java application download required
  • Simply point your phone's browser to www.phling.mobi

http://www.phling.com/

Oh, I almost forgot, it's FREE

Last edited by santod; 08-27-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
"MODS"

Here's another app like Orb that I've been playing around with. It is the only other one I know that also supports streaming of TV from PC tuner, stream music, video, pics. documents and even download to PC from remote handheld. Pretty cool! The only bummer is it's not much more finger friendly on the mobile than Orb. The remote access from PC has a nice UI though. It'salso a Trial application. Not free to keep past 31 days.

Live TV, Webcam, Photos, Music On Your Mobile!

CyberLink Live now comes with support for mobile devices running Windows Mobile 6 and above (such as PDAs, phones etc.).

This means you now can turn your mobile device into a mini entertainment hub!

All your favorite music tracks, photos and even live TV is now right in the palm of your hand! We've also incorporated webcam streaming to your mobile device. This means you can effectively use your mobile as a home monitoring unit, anywhere you are, on-the-go!

Simply enter http://m.cllive.net in your Windows Mobile device's web browser.
Expect support for more mobile devices soon!

All streamed media (photos, music, live TV) is optimized to give you the best possible experience on your mobile.
We're actively adding support for a wider range of mobile devices.
Expect Google Android powered device support and Apple iPhone support later this year!

Download: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/t...oad_en_US.html

Home page: http://www.cyberlinklive.com/page/main/Index.tml
Old 08-28-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

anurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

In Kinoma, you can go into the appstore and download the Advanced Configuration app. This lets you undo all the file associations and some other things. Then pics(and music etc) will open in your default app again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software