PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 09:44 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just got my invite for google voice... any way to use wifi?

i get horrible reception in my house, and i was wondering if there's a way to receive calls on my phone from google voice, using my wifi router, and eliminate the need for a cellular connection. that would be my ideal situation, but i don't know how to go about doing that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: just got my invite for google voice... any way to use wifi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i get horrible reception in my house, and i was wondering if there's a way to receive calls on my phone from google voice, using my wifi router, and eliminate the need for a cellular connection. that would be my ideal situation, but i don't know how to go about doing that.
Good question, id like to know also. Thanks for asking that.
dschoenike

Old 08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

I dont think so because this isnt a voIp service like skype. All it does is forward to an existing phone number. Now - if you have a skype number, you could forward to that using wifi...

[
Old 08-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Hi, yes, it's possible. This is what you're going to need:

-Google voice account (obviously).
-Gizmo project account
-Fring (other SIP software should work fine)

1. Sign up for a Gizmo account: http://www.gizmoproject.com
Install the Gizmo software ON YOUR PC. You need that for the verification call from Google voice).
2. In your "My" page on the Gizmo web site, you see "SIP number" under "Account overview", copy that number.
3. In your Google voice account, go to "settings" > "Phones" > "Add a new phone". Name it what you want, put the SIP number from Gizmo and choose "Gizmo" as the phone type".
4. Install the Gizmo software on your PC, login. Make the google verification call. Gizmo rings, pick up, it asks for a verification code, just type it on your keypad. Your Gizmo number is verified.
5. Go to fring.com and download fring for your PocketPC.
6. When it's time to add an account, double click SIP, then choose gizmo. Enter your username and password, and you should be able to receive google voice calls via wifi as long as fring is loaded.

You can uninstall Gizmo from your PC if you want.

The big problem of course is that this will eat your battery alive :-/

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

check it - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512865

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_drunk View Post
[APP][CAB]OneDialer - Google Voice Internet SMS and Dialer
So it's time I started my own thread.
This application works kinda like GVDialer and iDialer in the fact that it utilizes your Google Voice account to make phone calls. The difference is, I use the Wifi or data link on your phone to place the calls and send/receive SMS (text) messages.

Features:
*Dials numbers through your Google Voice account and has them ring back to your phone. With this app, some phones will automatically pick up the call once it comes in without your phone ringing. I'd like to know what phones this works on, since it doesn't seem to work on all phones.
*Sends and receives SMS messages through your Google Voice account.
*Integrates with your Windows Mobile contacts, so that you may dial or send messages to your contacts that already exist on your phone.

This application works best on VGA/WVGA touchscreen Windows Mobile 6 with NETCF3.5 and above phones. Once the beta is done, I will compile a square and QVGA/WQVGA versions and get an SSL cert for the server, but not until most of the bugs are worked out.

Disclaimer: IT USES THE INTERNET TO DIAL, SO IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPARABLE DATA PLAN OR WIFI, DON'T USE IT.
Disclaimer2: THE APP DOESN'T USE SSL TO SEND THE CREDS TO MY RELAY SERVICE (YET), SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
I do not log any personally identifiable information on my relay server because, simply put, I don't give a damn what anyone wants to send to anyone else.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
The calls with One dialer (which is a great program by the way) still need a regular cell connection.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

you got a land line there..? fwd your GV # to the land line while you're there..?

just throwing out ideas/info, goodluck!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

If you want to use SJPhone instead of fring, you can also follow the instructions posted on this page: http://www.osnews.com/story/12048/Gi...one_SIP_Client

Get SJPhone at http://www.sjphone.org/preview/SJpho...wsCE(preview)/ (WM5 version).

If you use call presentation, SJPhone is the better choice.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i haven't tried sjphone, but i tried fring a while ago, and i got a really bad distortion thing, kind of like feedback, so it makes it useless. it does receive the call though. anyone recommend any other clients that work well with the touch pro?

just tried sj, but its unbearably slow

Last edited by ou2mame; 08-04-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Just wondering, what's slow about sjphone? For me, the calls come in faster on sjphone than they do on my regular cell number!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software