PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pgolsoniv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pgolsoniv Send a message via Yahoo to pgolsoniv
PPC 6700 Newbie...Help.

I have just gotten my PPC 6700. Here are my questions:

1. I have heard that there is a hack so that you can get EVDO on verizon's network when you are roaming. Where do I find?

2. I have heard that there is Voice recognition software (that I can use through bluetooth) so I can say "call (contact name) mobile" or "call (contact name) home" and it will do this without having to program in voice dials. Have any of you heard of this and where do I find?

3. I have set up outlook to store attachments on MiniSD card as I've heard that helps stabilize PPC. I got a 1GB MiniSD card and would like my PPC to use it as much as possible for program memory so that my PPC doesn't bog down and crash. Any suggestions?

4. I've been surfing Microsofts site looking at different apps and noticed a few regarding program management (like actually shutting down programs when you hit the close button), any suggestions on which app works the best?

5. I have also heard about a program that lets you customize the start menu with the programs you want but haven't been able to locate yet...any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: PPC 6700 Newbie...Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgolsoniv
I have just gotten my PPC 6700. Here are my questions:

1. I have heard that there is a hack so that you can get EVDO on verizon's network when you are roaming. Where do I find?
Never heard of this nor do I think its possible.

Quote:
2. I have heard that there is Voice recognition software (that I can use through bluetooth) so I can say "call (contact name) mobile" or "call (contact name) home" and it will do this without having to program in voice dials. Have any of you heard of this and where do I find?
Its called Microsoft Voice Command and runs about 30 bux or so. Can be found at best buy, local eletronics store or online or you can check it out here.

Quote:
3. I have set up outlook to store attachments on MiniSD card as I've heard that helps stabilize PPC. I got a 1GB MiniSD card and would like my PPC to use it as much as possible for program memory so that my PPC doesn't bog down and crash. Any suggestions?
yea you can install programs to the minisd but not ones that are used alot or are today screen plug-ins.

Quote:
4. I've been surfing Microsofts site looking at different apps and noticed a few regarding program management (like actually shutting down programs when you hit the close button), any suggestions on which app works the best?
Yea this is a major thing that will help keep your ppc from slowing down. I use a little program called magic button its great and I personally like it. There are other options but I suggest you try this. You can download it here. You can download this directly to ur device and unzip and install the .cab inside.

Quote:
5. I have also heard about a program that lets you customize the start menu with the programs you want but haven't been able to locate yet...any suggestions would be appreciated.
this is a program called wisbar advanced and they have a few different versions...(ex. lite, desktop and ....) check out lakeridgesoftware.com for more on those. These are not free either tho....

hope this helps.
~mike

Old 09-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Threadstarter

pgolsoniv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pgolsoniv Send a message via Yahoo to pgolsoniv
Thanks!

Thanks Mike! I appreciate the info. I heard that EVDO Roaming rumor from a guy that I was supposed to buy my phone from but ended up not (that's why I was trying to find an alternate source for the info). I will post if I find anything more about it. It'd be pretty cool to get data when you are roaming.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software