PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

jwinn35 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bing and locate me?

ive looked around alot and am yet to really find the answer to this but is there a way to get bing search to track you automatically instead of having to hit the track me now thing like google maps. its just annoying to hit the maps category press track me now then accept your area then search near by then choose what you want to get directions to then hit get directions then hit track me now again in order to have the map follow your position. i really like how bing beeps when you get close to your turn and how it tracks you by feet ton your next turn unlike google maps. can someone please help me out or is there a way to get google maps to beep when you get close to a turn.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:22 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Re: bing and locate me?

I'm pretty sure the beep thing is a feature of Bing and not GoogleMaps. I've never seen any setting or option in Google Maps to turn it on so I don't think its possible.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: bing and locate me?

I have the same issue with Bing. It worked flawlessly for several months on the GSM Touch Pro 2 I have been using on AT&T.

I got the Sprint version of the Touch Pro 2 today and "Locate Me" is missing from the main screen, and greyed out in the settings. It automatically located me in a matter of seconds on the GSM version, just like Google Maps does on the Sprint version.

Google Maps works fine. However, anyone who has used Bing already knows it is much better than Google Maps.

Hopefully there will be an update soon that fixes this. How can Microsoft let it's own app be incompatible with the flagship Windows Mobile device on the 3rd largest carrier in the USA? Especially when Google's competing app works just fine?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software