PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Lightbulb Re: Suggest for Windows Mobile: Official Google Voice App

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I work in the telecom field and I think the reason why a lot of developers are brushing us to the side is the fact that a lot of them see windows mobile as being on its way out the door. With the iphone being the hottest phone out, blackberry being the standard business phone and android gaining steam...well... it is what it is.
so I take it the rest of the known world who use winmo for business dont matter or count? winmo getting long in the tooth or just coasting past the finish line? hmmmm. i mean ALOT more ppl world wide use winmo than apple or bb and droid put together just something to think about. fyi ppl saying nokia OS is dead and there phoneline but name a cell company who is out selling them out the top of your head no googling just off the dome im sure you would be hard press to do so. men lie women lie numbers dont and winmo and nokia are here to stay US only play a small part in the cell phone game if we didnt we wouldnt be dead last with everything else lol

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Re: Suggest for Windows Mobile: Official Google Voice App

Yeah, I could see if Windows Mobile was like the Palm OS of old but thats not the case and the platform is still has many players. (HTC, HP, Palm, Samsung, Pharos, etc.)
Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
I was told Google would count the request made for applications & ideas, here.

We need everyone (who cares) to click suggest on the Windows Mobile suggestion button for a Google Voice App.

So far Blackberry, Andriod & iPhone have already p@ssed this.

Follow the link here:
http://www.google.com/support/voice/...suggestions.cs

Pretty much like voting

There are other selections and suggestions you can make here as well, so take advantage. Just keep in mind Goolge will skip windows mobile if no one is behind it.
IMHO a lot of big names seems to be brushing windows mobile to the side, too many for comfort.
thanks for the heads up Op i just suggested for windows mobile
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Don't forget ppl to suggest mms coming via gmail accounts for winmo phones to!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

NewKlNGjames is a n00b

Suggested
Old 07-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
so I take it the rest of the known world who use winmo for business dont matter or count? winmo getting long in the tooth or just coasting past the finish line? hmmmm. i mean ALOT more ppl world wide use winmo than apple or bb and droid put together just something to think about. fyi ppl saying nokia OS is dead and there phoneline but name a cell company who is out selling them out the top of your head no googling just off the dome im sure you would be hard press to do so. men lie women lie numbers dont and winmo and nokia are here to stay US only play a small part in the cell phone game if we didnt we wouldnt be dead last with everything else lol
I agree, I dont think wm is going anywhere especially with htc sense and the dev of the zune. I think developers are just waiting for wm7 so they wont have to change anything.

SUGGESTED
Old 07-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm suggesting it too.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TILT
Carrier: ATT

keland44 is just getting started

same here i like the mms idea i also like how youmail gives you the option to attack your voicemail as a mp3 i would like that also
but an offical winmo app would be nice
i'm using this as a home number now for my wife and i and the ablity to send emails to multiple gmail accounts would be a plus
but an app would be better cuz we could just pull it up that way
Old 07-17-2009, 12:36 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

MMS addition sounds sweet, voting for it.
Maybe some Picasa/Youtube addins for the MMS as well? :P
Old 07-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Thumbs up Re: Suggest for Windows Mobile: Official Google Voice App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
MMS addition sounds sweet, voting for it.
Maybe some Picasa/Youtube addins for the MMS as well? :P
Yea that would be nice! But I'll settle for mms just being able to route to my gmail account which is on my phone already so its pretty much free mms.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software