PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 01/01/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7357)

terraterm 07-09-2009 02:11 PM

Re: WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 07/09/2009

all's well with the dll....next question...i might be blind where do i chg. to celsius?????

many thx to all!!!! will be hitting green button, also will donate thru paypal...when setup

storyr 07-09-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terraterm (Post 1024941)
all's well with the dll....next question...i might be blind where do i chg. to celsius?????

many thx to all!!!! will be hitting green button, also will donate thru paypal...when setup

WeatherPanel settings -> Cities tab -> Units = Metric

TreyBeno 07-09-2009 02:14 PM

A couple of quick observations:
1) On the pop up screen for current conditions Im not getting anything in the Alert area now and there is a heat alert that should be there.
2) The 10 day forecast is now only 5 days. Is this bcuz of the new dll not asking for 10 days now? Is there a fix? Maybe its just a matter of re-writing the request?
3) On my hourly temp screen my graph line falls off to -10 at 5am and its definitely not 10 below in Houston,Texas at night so thats certainly wrong.

Those are my observations for now. Hopefully there will be a fix for those minor issue but issues none the less. Thanks again TCBUSCH and STORYR for the quick fix!

terraterm 07-09-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storyr (Post 1024946)
WeatherPanel settings -> Cities tab -> Units = Metric

yep that worked, couldn't see the units button. it's way down on the screen :)

charlyee 07-09-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terraterm (Post 1024964)
yep that worked, couldn't see the units button. it's way down on the screen :)

Umm, I don't see a units button on the cities tab. All I see Add New, Edit, Delete, and Up. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks

storyr 07-09-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlyee (Post 1024988)
Umm, I don't see a units button on the cities tab. All I see Add New, Edit, Delete, and Up. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks

On the square screen devices, try accessing the WeatherPanel settings through the Today settings:
Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items tab -> highlight WeatherPanel -> Options button
You hopefully will get a vertical scroll bar to scroll down to the setting...

charlyee 07-09-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storyr (Post 1024995)
On the square screen devices, try accessing the WeatherPanel settings through the Today settings:
Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items tab -> highlight WeatherPanel -> Options button
You hopefully will get a vertical scroll bar to scroll down to the setting...

Thanks, but i get the exact same screen as if I go to settings from the Today Screen.

arsmithsr 07-09-2009 02:38 PM

Any ideas as to why this would still not work for me? I am using mighty 6 ans spb mmobile shell 3.0.1.

terraterm 07-09-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlyee (Post 1024988)

Thanks

you should be able to see just the top part of the button.
also just dpad down after the last button you do see, that should hilite the units button, even if you don't properly see it, then just hit the dpad and the units screen pops up

opuscroakus 07-09-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyBeno (Post 1024948)
A couple of quick observations:
1) On the pop up screen for current conditions Im not getting anything in the Alert area now and there is a heat alert that should be there.
2) The 10 day forecast is now only 5 days. Is this bcuz of the new dll not asking for 10 days now? Is there a fix? Maybe its just a matter of re-writing the request?
3) On my hourly temp screen my graph line falls off to -10 at 5am and its definitely not 10 below in Houston,Texas at night so thats certainly wrong.

Those are my observations for now. Hopefully there will be a fix for those minor issue but issues none the less. Thanks again TCBUSCH and STORYR for the quick fix!

1) From the description in the pdf from their site this is not included.
2) Looks like they are now just using 5 days.
3) Not sure about this one.

I know this is formatted weird but here is the info included in the XML download.

TWCi Content – Detailed Summary
a. Current Conditions
The Current Conditions Data will include:
Location Id, Direction Wind is blowing, City name (mixed case) to be displayed, Wind Direction Phrase, Time and date of observation, Relative humidity, Observation Station Name, Visibility, Temperature, UV Index, “Feels Like” Temperature, UV Index Description, Weather Description Phrase, Dew point, Weather Icon Code, Sunrise, Barometric Pressure, Sunset, Barometric Trend, Moon Phase Description, Wind Speed, Moon Icon Code, Wind Gust

b. Five-Day Forecast
The Five-Day Forecast Data will include: Location Id, Daypart Day Code (day or night), City name (mixed case) to be displayed, Weather Icon Code, Time and date of last update, Weather Description Phrase, Day Number of forecast, Weather Description Short Phrase, Day of Week, Wind Speed, Date, Wind Gust, Forecast High Temperature, Wind Direction, Forecast Low Temperature, Wind Direction Phrase, Sunrise, Chance of Precipitation, Sunset, Humidity