PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 01/01/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7357)

revcp 07-11-2009 09:52 AM

Re: WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 07/10/2009

Works! Thanks so much!

bilson 07-11-2009 11:30 AM

After being down for a couple of days my WP just started working again. I did not make any changes, 10 day forecast for all cities that I have set up including Europe where my son is stationed. Thanks for the update, I'll keep it just in case.

mwalt2 07-11-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilson (Post 1029177)
After being down for a couple of days my WP just started working again. I did not make any changes, 10 day forecast for all cities that I have set up including Europe where my son is stationed. Thanks for the update, I'll keep it just in case.

The cab file in the 1st post is the original one before the problem. All the changes were made on the server where WP makes it's requests to.

fredcatsmommy 07-11-2009 12:22 PM

I'm still having problems, only getting five day forecasts and then the fifth day shows up three more times but with no info, just getting "N/A"

mwalt2 07-11-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy (Post 1029263)
I'm still having problems, only getting five day forecasts and then the fifth day shows up three more times but with no info, just getting "N/A"

You need uninstall WP, then install the cab from page 1 again. If that does not work, try deleting the WP folder in Program Files before reinstalling.

budman 07-11-2009 09:01 PM

well here goes; I am a new member so be nice, I downloaded the cab file and installed fine (I thought). When I couldn't find the program anywhere I tried 2 more times, including soft resets. Now I need help, I can't find the weatherpanel in the progam folder. Is this normal, do I need to open it from the main folder somehow?

darren.wlsn1 07-11-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budman (Post 1030065)
well here goes; I am a new member so be nice, I downloaded the cab file and installed fine (I thought). When I couldn't find the program anywhere I tried 2 more times, including soft resets. Now I need help, I can't find the weatherpanel in the progam folder. Is this normal, do I need to open it from the main folder somehow?

when you dl it, it opens. goto start\settings\today, find wp and check the box.

CozBoogie 07-11-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1030086)
when you dl it, it opens. goto start\settings\today, find wp and check the box.

Darren is 100% correct. WP is a today screen plug-in. And as such you can't really access it as you would a .exe or other program. Once installed and set to your today screen it will run by itself.

late,
Coz

obamarocks 07-11-2009 10:18 PM

I'm confused. Let me try to summarize my ignorance. The January '09 hacked version of Weatherpanel works again? All I had to do is nothing and it will work again? This is because of changes at venusware.net? I apologize if this is common knowledge, but who is running that site? What is its relation to marsware.net? That's great if so, but if it is the original author of Weatherpanel who is giving you guys access, then why doesn't he just release the new version of WP himself and collect our $$? Also, I thought weather.com now requires keyed access for weather. So how is the data getting transferred? Why did it ever need a new dll if it could all be done on the back end?

Lastly, enough dumb questions, my hourly graphs of temp et al. are only going 1/2 day before hitting zero. And suggestions?

darren.wlsn1 07-11-2009 10:25 PM

did you copy the updated dll to wp folder? is wp updating, there will be a time when it updated showing on update screen.