PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 01/01/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7357)

storyr 08-18-2007 12:50 PM

WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 01/01/2010

6 Attachment(s)
Updated January 1, 2010

Updated moon phases through year 2012 (thanks to member gator, who assembled the moon data this year).

Note: When upgrading, the best way to save your current settings is to copy the weatherpanel.dll file to your installation directory (don't use the cab file)...

See the WeatherPanel download index for more WeatherPanel stuff...

----------------------------------------------

A consolidated version of WeatherPanel for 2010. This is a free version, with these enhancements:
  • Authorization fix
  • Hourly data fix (updated January 3, 2009)
  • Moon phase table good through December 31, 2012 (thanks gator)

Notes:
  • Download the file and unzip
  • Copy the CAB file to your device and install
  • If replacing, manually remove your previous version (be sure to keep files/settings when asked) - then install this version. This method should ensure you keep all of your settings.
  • Soft reset to initiate the hourly data fix

Code:

01/03/2010 - Update:
  * Extended moon phase data through year 2012.
01/03/2009 - Minor update:
  * Adjusted hourly data fix - again! Incorporated GMT offset into date calculations (thanks to tcbusch, who analyzed and developed the gmt offset logic).
01/01/2009 - Minor update:
  * Adjusted hourly data fix for 2009. The gap has increased by
    366 days.
10/13/2008 - Minor update:
  * Fixed a bug in the "hourly data fix" script that prevented WP from
    using hourly forecast data as current conditions data expired.
  * Modified hourly data fix script to always run from main storage -
    which fixes the issue where the script dialog would show after
    every soft reset (when WP was installed to storage card).

Important: To ensure you keep your previous settings, first manually uninstall WeatherPanel (Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs) - and be sure to answer "No" to the prompt "Delete files and settings?". Then install this version...

tcbusch 07-09-2009 08:28 AM

Re: WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 01/03/2009

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the fixed dll that works.

A little over a year ago I recieved an email telling me that weather.com was going to require authentication. At that time I knew WeatherPanel was going to stop working when this policy was enforced. I thought about how to overcome this issue and created a webserver redirection scheme that would embed the auhentication into the url query that weatherpanel sends to weather.com. Ihave been sitting on the code for over a year waiting for the day that arrived earlier in the week. I explained the details of the fix a few posts ago.
Anyways, I implimented my fix on a server to verify it worked. I sent the files to venusware.net, not sure if the venusware.net owner wants to be known so I'll just say thanks!! He and I both tested it and it works too. So here it is. I believe Storyr will be creating new cabs and posting them on this thread. For those of you who dont want to wait just disable your weatherpanel plugin, which is probably already disabled, and replace the weatherpanel.dll with this one. Its located in your Program Files/ Marsware/Weatherpanel directory.

The only thing I ask in return is for you to hit the green thanks button. :-)

johnny2678 07-09-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcbusch (Post 1024200)

A little over a year ago I recieved an email telling me that weather.com was going to require authentication. At that time I knew WeatherPanel was going to stop working when this policy was enforced. I thought about how to overcome this issue and created a webserver redirection scheme that would embed the auhentication into the url query that weatherpanel sends to weather.com. Ihave been sitting on the code for over a year waiting for the day that arrived earlier in the week. I explained the details of the fix a few posts ago.
Anyways, I implimented my fix on a server to verify it worked. I sent the files to venusware.net, not sure if the venusware.net owner wants to be known so I'll just say thanks!! He and I both tested it and it works too. So here it is. I believe Storyr will be creating new cabs and poting them on this thread. For those of you who dont want to wait just disable your weatherpanel plugin, which is probably already disabled, and replace the weatherpanel.dll with this one. Its located in your Program Files/ Marsware/Weatherpanel directory.

PPCGeeks always comes through... amazing.

mckenph 07-09-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Anyways, I implimented my fix on a server to verify it worked. I sent the files to venusware.net, not sure if the venusware.net owner wants to be known so I'll just say thanks!! He and I both tested it and it works too. So here it is. I believe Storyr will be creating new cabs and posting them on this thread. For those of you who dont want to wait just disable your weatherpanel plugin, which is probably already disabled, and replace the weatherpanel.dll with this one. Its located in your Program Files/ Marsware/Weatherpanel directory.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That is great. Life is good again........for now.

thacounty 07-09-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Ur the man!

jmorton10 07-09-2009 09:27 AM

OMG it works, this is awesome!!

~John

thacounty 07-09-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Just wanted to confirm it working!

dmc78 07-09-2009 09:33 AM

Can someone put the WeatherPanel file back up for download?? Thanks

storyr 07-09-2009 09:37 AM

CAB file is back up on first post.

chocmatic 07-09-2009 09:38 AM

WOOT WOOT ...like nas said, "You're the man"