PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Thanks, will be installing shortly.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 08-23-2007, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

toology is just getting started
sweet
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Looks sharp Yuma! Thanks for the feature changes and I'm looking forward to more development on this!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

m0nti13 is a n00b
Yuma.... Works great and the error happens less... but still happens... by the error message, looks to me like it's already checked the availability of the card and is doing a check for free memory... seems that i'm pulling it at the opportune time to be between those calls...

Any way to move those calls closer together to shorten the timeframe between those calls? Just a guess on my part...

as always... keep up the awesome work...

Old 08-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

nalwor is a n00b
whats different in this one and the one i downloaded this weekend?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
m0nti13 - as soon as it checks for the existance of the card, it then immediately displays the card. It rechecks for the card each time before displaying. I've even removed my card while it's on the "Only Storage Card" setting and had it say N/A. No error. Can you reproduce the error. For example, does it happen immediately after turning your phone on? Does your PPC go to sleep? Is anything else running that may be checking the status of the card like NotifyMe? What setting are you using? One of the scroll ones?

nalwor - Did the installation end up working for you on the previous version? Change list is in the first post:
Quote:
v1.3
Removed - Scrolling (Slow) - had to remove something to get the menu to fit onscreen.
Added the following items:
Memory and Battery - same as Scroll-2 at a Time, but it never changes from the Memory and Battery display
Only Device Storage
Only Storage Card
Only Memory
Fixed - error on SD card removal.
Fixed - space greater that 1000 MB is now displayed as 1 GB.
Change - Big Font/Normal Font now cycles between the two. If you are on normal font, selecting this will change to big font, and vice versa.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 08-23-2007, 03:04 PM
N00b

m0nti13 is a n00b
Yuma - So i've doen some digging and don't think any program checks currently (I had Resco explorer that had a memory app, but it wasn't running and I have since removed it anyway with no change)...
- As far as the setting, i've noticed that if I keep it on just storage card, or single line... error never happens...
- If im on a scroll option and I remove the card when the storage card is shown on the screen... error never happens
- If on the fast/normal scroll, error only happens if I remove the card when the device storage is being shown, never when the memory or battery are being shown
- If on the 2 at a time scroll, error only happens when I pop the card when the battery and memory is shown, never when the device and card are on the screen
- Finally i randomly get the error when the phone turns on after being idle, both when I manually press the power or an action like mms or phone call comes in (never when it turns on after soft reset)

Seems to point to something that happens right before the card data is displayed... Hope this helps at all...

Through all this testing i've discoverred the single line option, so for me this option shold eliminate any problems, but i'll let you know if I run into something, and i'll gladly test any new versions if you happen to work in a fix (or even stumble upon one )

and again keep up the awesome work...
Old 08-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

nalwor is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma
m0nti13 - as soon as it checks for the existance of the card, it then immediately displays the card. It rechecks for the card each time before displaying. I've even removed my card while it's on the "Only Storage Card" setting and had it say N/A. No error. Can you reproduce the error. For example, does it happen immediately after turning your phone on? Does your PPC go to sleep? Is anything else running that may be checking the status of the card like NotifyMe? What setting are you using? One of the scroll ones?

nalwor - Did the installation end up working for you on the previous version? Change list is in the first post:
Quote:
v1.3
Removed - Scrolling (Slow) - had to remove something to get the menu to fit onscreen.
Added the following items:
Memory and Battery - same as Scroll-2 at a Time, but it never changes from the Memory and Battery display
Only Device Storage
Only Storage Card
Only Memory
Fixed - error on SD card removal.
Fixed - space greater that 1000 MB is now displayed as 1 GB.
Change - Big Font/Normal Font now cycles between the two. If you are on normal font, selecting this will change to big font, and vice versa.
yes it did thanks. not sure what the deal was. i installed and unistalled twice then the third time was a charm. didnt do anything different and on the third try it was there.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
m0nti13 - that was exactly the info I needed, and with it I can track down the culprit. I think I have an idea, maybe, kinda, sorta of what is possibly causing it.

nalwor - glad you got it working. v1.3 is a pretty big improvement IMHO over 1.2, but according to m0nti13 I've got a bit of work to do to get that bug worked out, so 1.4 should be out within the next day or so.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:58 PM
N00b

m0nti13 is a n00b
so i've done some more snooping.... I've discovered that I was wrong about not happening at all when the single line was showing (I got it once)...and that caused me to do some more testing, and what I found is that when I remove the card the directory "/Storage Card" is removed totally...
I discovered this because during my testing the SD card showed i had 14 meg, which I actually have over 300 mb left... and no amount of uninstalls reinstalls soft resets would fix this... what ended up happening was that i removed and put back the card within 3 seconds, the "/Storage Card" directory was still there from the first time, so "/Storage Card2" directory was created, and since the original "/Storage Card" was now there always, and with always the same size, I no longer saw the error, but the size wasn't a representation of my card...
So it looks like after my card is removed, it takes 3-4 seconds for the directory to go away, but any action on that directory will cause a problem...Not sure why this is happening with mine and no one else sees it. Could be that I have an origional 2 year old ROM (i'm new in these forums and playing around with new ROM's is a bit over my head at the moment, my phone is too critical to have something go wrong )

I hope this new info helps at all... you know this code better, but is it possible to create a symbolic link/shortcut to the directory so if it's not there it just reads as 0bytes...Like i said, i'm new at PPC development so i'm just purely (or poorly) guessing...

I hope all my whining isn't too much for you, I really appreciate you efforts, it's a great app... thanks and keep up the awesome work...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software