View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:58 PM
m0nti13
N00b

m0nti13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
so i've done some more snooping.... I've discovered that I was wrong about not happening at all when the single line was showing (I got it once)...and that caused me to do some more testing, and what I found is that when I remove the card the directory "/Storage Card" is removed totally...
I discovered this because during my testing the SD card showed i had 14 meg, which I actually have over 300 mb left... and no amount of uninstalls reinstalls soft resets would fix this... what ended up happening was that i removed and put back the card within 3 seconds, the "/Storage Card" directory was still there from the first time, so "/Storage Card2" directory was created, and since the original "/Storage Card" was now there always, and with always the same size, I no longer saw the error, but the size wasn't a representation of my card...
So it looks like after my card is removed, it takes 3-4 seconds for the directory to go away, but any action on that directory will cause a problem...Not sure why this is happening with mine and no one else sees it. Could be that I have an origional 2 year old ROM (i'm new in these forums and playing around with new ROM's is a bit over my head at the moment, my phone is too critical to have something go wrong )

I hope this new info helps at all... you know this code better, but is it possible to create a symbolic link/shortcut to the directory so if it's not there it just reads as 0bytes...Like i said, i'm new at PPC development so i'm just purely (or poorly) guessing...

I hope all my whining isn't too much for you, I really appreciate you efforts, it's a great app... thanks and keep up the awesome work...