PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X ---Verizon
Carrier: verizon

166486 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fixed!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volDeus View Post
Confirmed working ... Slight changes (Test5) attached to post #1 ...

how can we add more background choices from the ones already on ms3 configuration
Model: Touch Pro (Verizon)
Old 06-30-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
Re: Fixed!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 166486 View Post
how can we add more background choices from the ones already on ms3 configuration
That feature, as well as the ability to choose which image is applied to which panel, and image resizing options, will be added in the next official update ...

I will be releasing a sort of a beta version to test some of these features in the next day or too...
Old 07-02-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
MS3 Config v0.16 Beta 1

I have compiled a beta version of MS3 Config with some of the features that have been discussed (primarily the ability to add image slots and backgrounds and choose which backgrounds are applied to which panels)

The user interface is in it's infancy and I have not written any type of instructions but hopefully the post I made previously, explaining how MS3 Config changes backgrounds, will help anyone who wants to play with the beta to figure out it's use.

That post is HERE ...

Basically there are two lists in the Panels tab now ... the upper list is the Dialog Panel list and the lower list is the Background Panel list ...

Dialog panels can be skinned as follows;
1. Use tap-and-hold to open the context menu.
2. Tap "Edit panel".
3. Tap the Background Panel that you want to use for this Dialog Panel
4. Open the Panel Editor file menu and tap Apply.
5. Open the standard file menu and tap Apply panel changes.

Background panels can have thier image changed as follows;
1. Use tap-and-hold to open the context menu.
2. Tap "Edit panel".
3. Tap the image in the Portrait list that you want to use for the portrait layouts.
4. Tap the image in the Landscape list that you want to use for the landscape layouts.
5. Open the Panel Editor file menu and tap Apply.
5. Open the standard file menu and tap Apply panel changes.

I still have a very long way to go before v0.16 is final but I wanted to release this beta so that everyone will have something to play with in the mean time... Good luck and have fun! ... Please post your log file if you have problems.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MS3_Config_v0_16_Beta1.CAB (1.53 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: MS3 Config v0.15 - Test5 "ZipException - CreateFileCe failed" error FIXED!!

Hello everyone! Here is another beta of version 0.16 ... I have added alot of nice features in addition to some bug fixes and stability issues.

Image rotation/flipping
Image re-sizing
Image re-naming
Thumbnails in panels tab
Large or small thumbnail option in images and panels tab
"check all", "un-check all", and "assign to checked" options in panels tab for easier and faster background changing
More detailed logging and error information

There are a few minor bugs that I am already aware of but please let me know and post your logs if you find anything ... The app is 99.9 percent functional on a handful of test devices at the moment.

Good luck!..
Attached Files
File Type: cab MS3_Config_v0_16_Beta_2.CAB (1.57 MB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: VZW

blackmeto is becoming a great contributor

this is a great idea for an app, but on my samsung saga its tripping. when i make change and close the app it always freezes, this one and the previous one. I tell it to change background in panels and it shows change in menu when i tap restart ms3 it says failed to stop. so then i do exit and the app hangs but stays onscreen. The phone doesnt freeze just msconfig and i cant get back to spb shell. this saves none of the changes i made. and then when i go back into msconfig if i assign 1 background all of the ones i just set show back up in the menu, but never get to spb ms3 because the app crashes, even if i add the taskmanager from your app when i click on it im locked in that panel

Last edited by blackmeto; 07-07-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmeto View Post
this is a great idea for an app, but on my samsung saga its tripping. when i make change and close the app it always freezes, this one and the previous one. I tell it to change background in panels and it shows change in menu when i tap restart ms3 it says failed to stop. so then i do exit and the app hangs but stays onscreen. The phone doesnt freeze just msconfig and i cant get back to spb shell. this saves none of the changes i made. and then when i go back into msconfig if i assign 1 background all of the ones i just set show back up in the menu, but never get to spb ms3 because the app crashes, even if i add the taskmanager from your app when i click on it im locked in that panel
Please post the file "MS3C_Log.txt" from your installation folder so that I can help you further ... Keep in mind as well, The process that is failing for you is not a critical one... The same effect can be achieved by soft-resetting your device.

Last edited by volDeus; 07-07-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

How do I change the lifestyle background? I know I can change it in MS3 but it sizes it wrong even if I have the pic the right size to begin with.

I also discovered (if listed somewhere else sorry) that if your images are filed to deep MS3 config will not see them. Ex. Internal storage\Pics this is good. Internal Storage\My Documents\Pics Not good (Version test5.015)
Old 08-15-2009, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
How do I change the lifestyle background? I know I can change it in MS3 but it sizes it wrong even if I have the pic the right size to begin with.
I may add the functionality in the next beta release

Quote:
I also discovered (if listed somewhere else sorry) that if your images are filed to deep MS3 config will not see them. Ex. Internal storage\Pics this is good. Internal Storage\My Documents\Pics Not good (Version test5.015)
The latest version is a great improvement over the one that you are using ... It is v0.16 RC3 ... I apologize for not having updated this thread in so long but interest here seems to have ground to a halt so I have been focusing on the sister thread at XDA-Developers. (you can find it here)

I will be updating this thread later today with v0.16 FINAL as well.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I am usually here but I also have an account with XDA (same user name). I keep an eye on both threads.
I have v0.16 RC3 installed now and I can see the images that are in sub folders. The only problem I have come up with is under File\options\Choose Image Editor it does not pick up sub folders.
I still am having problems with backgrounds. Sizing them is difficult because of the top and bottom bar. Here or on XDA someone posted a template that I have tried to use in PAINT but still no luck. Apparently photo imaging is not my thing LOL
Old 08-15-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
I am usually here but I also have an account with XDA (same user name). I keep an eye on both threads.
I have v0.16 RC3 installed now and I can see the images that are in sub folders. The only problem I have come up with is under File\options\Choose Image Editor it does not pick up sub folders.
I still am having problems with backgrounds. Sizing them is difficult because of the top and bottom bar. Here or on XDA someone posted a template that I have tried to use in PAINT but still no luck. Apparently photo imaging is not my thing LOL
Check for my reply at XDA...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software