PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

NetApex is keeping up the good workNetApex is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to NetApex
Thumbs up Google Voice Dialer for WM

http://bit.ly/SAS9q - A new Google Voice dialer has been released (not from Google) to help with the annoyance of having to dial out to your GV number and then dial the number you are trying to reach. It comes with a 30 day free trial which hopefully will be long enough for Google to release their own version. If not I am sure most of us will have reflashed our phones by then. Even if not, the $10 price tag is not too steep for the ease of use.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Google Voice Dialer for WM

this is the google app.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Is this really googles app for google voice? I mean usually everything they have is free this seems like it cost*not complaining cause if it is there official app I'll buy it when I get my google voice number*

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-03-2009, 08:30 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, its made by www.mobile-mx.com but everything on gvdialer.com looks an awful lot official google.
i'm not sure google could be keep up with all the different phone model and O/S's.
besides $10 isn't bad for a app that just plain works well.

we'll see how well it works for me today.

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-03-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah I have been using it so far and it isn't too bad. Some of the times it doesn't pop up like it should and I have to disconnect the call and try it again before it realizes that it should have dialed. But otherwise it does a decent job. There needs to be a cancel button though so that if you start dialing and say suddenly your boss walks in with urgent news you can quickly hang up instead of having to wait for the progress bar to go away first.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Question Re: Google Voice Dialer for WM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
well, its made by www.mobile-mx.com but everything on gvdialer.com looks an awful lot official google.
i'm not sure google could be keep up with all the different phone model and O/S's.
besides $10 isn't bad for a app that just plain works well.

we'll see how well it works for me today.
Ok thanks let us know how this app works. And what would be the difference from this app and lets say using idailer with gv? Does anybody know?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work

I use idialer which has google voice dialing built in (free app) but I'll have to check this out to see if it's any better since it's a paid app. My only complaint with idialer is that you lose smartdialing when you use it over the default dialer.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

Question Re: Google Voice Dialer for WM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djheir View Post
I use idialer which has google voice dialing built in (free app) but I'll have to check this out to see if it's any better since it's a paid app. My only complaint with idialer is that you lose smartdialing when you use it over the default dialer.
Not to sound like a Uber Ka-Noober but what's the smartdailer on the default dailer. I'm just trying to get as much info on this idailer app and this other gv app so I'll know which I wanna use when I get my GV invite
Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Idialer.. Good find! I am going to check it out now. Thanks! And for those who don't know.. http://www.supware.net/iDialer/
Old 07-03-2009, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok just installed it and I now understand what djheir was referring to about not having smart dialing. (Smart dialing is being able to start a number and have it automatically search your contacts/history and offer suggestions on the number you are trying to reach.) The advantage I have found to the other program is that it uses your native dialer/contacts/whatever you click on to dial. It attempts to intercept the dialing process and toss the number into the Google Voice dialing procedure. If it worked 100% of the time (which it just may on stock roms) I wouldn't even bother looking around to see what else was available. But like I said, it is in beta so hopefully the bugs will be worked out soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software