PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Vista Folders

These are cabs that install Vista like folders on your PPC found this on XDA and SASHIMI site by 12aon

"I named the folder 1 to 18, so everybody can decide for themselves which folder to to use for what purpose.

Since I use quickcab to create my cabs, which doesn't allow me put in the folder files, it's been split in two. A Vista Folders.zip which contains the Vista Icons.dll. Install this one in \Windows. The other one is a zip file which contains the Folder folder, with inside (who would have guessed...) the folders. Just copy them to your device (although I don't think copying them to the storage card works) and voila some more folders to up our devices. So, screenshots: "

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2...foldersdi5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I hope you like them, and no I have not got any other folders (these are all vista offers)

Edit: I managed to create a .cab file that installs these into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. For those that don't have a English/WWE ROM I'll make another one that installs the folders into \Folder folder.

Edit 2: I updated the Vista folders, as Skizzo pointed out I left some files in the .dll files that made it unnecessarily big.

There is one icon set that is very dear to me, which is the Buuf icon set by Manhattan. Of this set I have selected a couple of folder icons most likely to be used in a ppc environment. This guy (or girl) created over 1500 icons in this style which you can find on DeviantArt. These are my default folder icons, so I thought I'd share. Screen shots!:

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/4...foldersgj1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Download the 12aon Vista Folders.cab here (http://rapidshare.com/files/15968156...olders_1.1.cab)

Download the 12aon Buuf Folders.cab here (http://rapidshare.com/files/15850749...uf_Folders.cab)

the links are good but I attached the CABs as well...I did a search and didnt see this posted.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 12aon_Buuf_Folders.cab (947.6 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 12aon_Vista_Folders_1.1.cab (416.4 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Cool Vista Folders

i like the first ones better, thanx for bringin these overhere!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:29 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im not getting the install. just dl the cab to main mem then what? im missing something.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It worked on my vogue...humm not on the TP tho let me check the thread at XDA
Old 04-18-2009, 11:05 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

just tell me what and where to dl, ill try it. both cabs, one cab?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I had access to this and yeah im a bonehead for not sharing...

I just wanted to let you in on a little trick regarding setting folder icons.

There are two ways to do it, you have used method #1.

Both methods involve placing a file called ICON.LNK inside the folder. ICON.LNK is just a plain text file with the following contents:

Method #1:

1#\Windows\Vista Folders.dll,-1
  • 1# is standard, and should always be there
  • \Windows\Vista Folders.dll is the path to the dll file which has your icons.
  • -1 is the index number of which icon to use in the dll starts at 1 and can be as high as you have icons in the .dll. Always put a "-" in front. So, if it is icon index 9 it would be -9.
I am explaining this here for anyone that is curious what you are doing. Now, on to the next method:

Method #2:

The method works as above, with the ICON.LNK file in the folder you wish to set the icon for, however the contents of the ICON.LNK look more like this:

1#:MYICON_1

Looks strange, right? Well, just like above the #1 is standard and should not be changed. What about this MYICON_1 then?

Well, this actually points to a location in the registry that looks like this:

Code: Select all[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MYICON_1\DefaultIcon]
@="\Windows\Vista Folders.dll,-1"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MYICON_1\SelectIcon]
@="\Windows\Vista Folders.dll,-1"

So the icon.lnk file is actually pointing to a HKCR entry in the registry which them maps it to the DLL and index number.

So, why choose one method over another? Well there aren't too many reasons. One reason may be that when you are making a CAB file, the user may not install the DLL in the location you think it will be...so a hardcoded location inside the ICON.LNK file won't work. However, .CAB files can support replaceable paramaters like %InstallDir% which allow you to expand the installation location in the registry. So, when the CAB gets installed (say to the storage card instead of device memory), the CAB installation can automatically change this:

@="%InstallDir%\Vista Folders.dll,-1"
@="%InstallDir%\Vista Folders.dll,-1"

To this:
@="Storage Card\My Folder\Vista Folders.dll,-1"
@="Storage Card\My Folder\Vista Folders.dll,-1"

For the most part, it is preference. Some people may think it is cleaner NOT to use the registry, but the registry method can also allow an easier remaping. For instance you can just edit the registry entry than edit the ICON.LNK file, which might be easier in some cases (programmatically).

It's surprising that I haven't seen a little app that allows you to easily do this. It would need to be able to browse a .dll icon library on the device and then simply write the icon.lnk file and/or a reg file (depending on method used).
Old 04-19-2009, 12:05 AM
acs tester

lol, nevermind. wow thats some serious directions, my folders look fine stock.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

orlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good work

screen shots please

Get your hands on one
http://www.amazon.com/Echoes-Tempore...1032183&sr=8-1

If I help Then look Right Over Here------------>

--------------press the button--------------->
Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandosilva View Post
screen shots please
op posted them in first post.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software