PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 10:48 AM
N00b

Hoshtaylor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Hoshtaylor Send a message via Yahoo to Hoshtaylor
SPB Time not working...sleep mode...?

Hello everyone...I'm new to the site...been lurking for a while now. Had 2 Moto Q's before I got my Sprint Mogul last week. I've run just about all the software and done all the hacks that I "needed" to do so far but I have a question.

This is my first PPC device. I learned all about the hacking, etc from my Q...but that's obviously different than this Mogul. I used to use a program called Gentimer on my Q for my alarm clocks. I loved it ! It won't work w/ my Mogul though, so after hours of searching, I got SPB Time (along w/ SPB Suite) and it's nearly identical and I love it...if it worked properly.

So this morning was my first shot at using the alarms. Of course they didn't work. I woke up and looked at the clock then at my phone. Had to touch the power button on the side of the phone to "wake it up" (does it really go to sleep...???). Once the phone came on the alarm started going off.

So I'm thinking it's not the software...but maybe that my phone is just asleep and the software can't wake it up...? Do I need to change power settings on the phone...? What do I need to do...?

Any help would be much appreciated ! (since getting to work on time is a priority)

Thanks !
Old 07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172
is it installed to the main memory or the storage card? I was having these problems when it was installed to the storage card, but haven't had a problem of the sort while in main memory. Also, in the settings for spb time you can set it as a 'screensaver' when plugged into AC Power and untouched, I do this at night to charge the phone, have a pleasant alarm clock, and the phone stays awake.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hoshtaylor is a n00b
lazyboy...thanks for the reply.

yes, it is saved to my device, not the storage card.

I do have the Screen Saver enabled...but I just went back in and looked at it...appears that I have the box checked for "external power only" but there is a "timeout" as well...it was set for 5 minutes...could this be the issue...? What is your "timeout" set at...? Also...if I want to use the alarm clock while it's not plugged in...how would I go about that...?

Thanks !
Old 07-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172
maybe try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. The storage card thing was the only real lead I had, when it goes to battery power. The screensaver is external power only for good reason, and the timeout is meaning how long the device is idle before it turns to clock-mode. (that is, if you plug it in, and dont touch it for 5 minutes, that is when the clock will come up). I am using the program as well and have not had an issue with it waking the device up to wake me up.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hoshtaylor is a n00b
OK...so I've just done some tests...it works fine...plays the mp3 from the storage card and the device (I tried both) just fine...WHEN it hasn't gone to sleep...but when I set the alarm enough time ahead as to when the phone falls asleep...then it doesn't wake up...it must have something to do with the power settings, no...?

Thoughts anyone...???
Old 07-26-2007, 05:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hoshtaylor is a n00b
Apparently I found the problem....SPB Time has bugs when installed in WM6. They are aware of the problem but are yet to fix it.

I have tried to insert a link in this post but apparently I'm too new of a member to do that...if anyone would like the link you can PM me...

So that being said...is there any other alarm clock program out there that I can use mp3s to set my alarm rings to...? I searched for hours yesterday and didn't find anything...
Old 07-28-2007, 06:56 AM
N00b

nsinsinsi is a n00b
Hosh: I think this is a problem inherent to WM or the Mogul. I have tried a ton of different programs and they all behave exactly the same. The phone goes to sleep and nothing wakes it up until you actually press the power button. Please let us know if you find a way for the phone to reliably work as an alarm, I have the same need for it.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hoshtaylor is a n00b
It worked this morning...but that was only because I left it plugged in and had the time "screensaver" on...

Yeah...some kind of deal w/ WM6 that the programs haven't fixed yet where it won't wake up. I guess for now the only advice I can give is to leave your phone plugged in overnite (this works for SPB Time).

I will post if I hear back from SPB (I emailed them last week).
Old 07-31-2007, 02:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hoshtaylor is a n00b
so now my alarms did NOT go off this morning even though it was plugged in. The only difference between monday morning and tues was that I had an "appointment" reminder set very early on monday morning....do you think maybe that appointment woke the phone up so the alarm could go off...???
Old 08-14-2007, 01:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hoshtaylor is a n00b
FOUND A FIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsinsinsi
Hosh: I think this is a problem inherent to WM or the Mogul. I have tried a ton of different programs and they all behave exactly the same. The phone goes to sleep and nothing wakes it up until you actually press the power button. Please let us know if you find a way for the phone to reliably work as an alarm, I have the same need for it.
So we all know the built in alarm clock wakes up the phone from sleep mode...so I though to myself, why not set the built in alarm 1 minute before the SPB Time is due to go off. I have 3 alarms (5:30, 5:45 and 6 am) and I set the standard alarms for 5:29, 5:44 and 5:59...so now this will get me by until SPB finds a fix for WM6.

Hope this helps anyone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software